Author Topic: Can anyone recommend a cattery in West Yorkshire please?  (Read 7384 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: Can anyone recommend a cattery in West Yorkshire please?
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 18:41:45 PM »
Becky here is the website for the Cattery that Joyce uses.

http://www.dogsncats.co.uk/page2/page2.html

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 14:11:25 PM »
Hi Becky

I live in Queensbury, it's half way between Bradford and Halifax and my friend who also lives in Queensbury takes her cat to  a lovely place - Molly is like her flesh and blood and would not leave her just anywhere.

Molly is deaf and also has to have a pill each day and they look after her brilliantly.

Joyce is at work now but I've text her for the name of the place - I think it's in Thornton quite near to Queensbury.

I'll let you know asap.  I always think it's better when you know someone who has used them and can tell you how good they are.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 12:14:05 PM »
Hey hun,

There's a lovely cattery in Farsley which is in the West of Leeds. I prefer to have my cat looked after at home, but i've used this once and it was lovely...

http://www.cherrytreecattery.co.uk/

It's all indoors, completely sterile with an isolation pen for sick cats - i'd use them without hesitation again.

I think that there's a MyPetStop in W. Yorks as well and i'd Google where the local one is - they're quite expensive, but professionally run and have extra luxeries (like TVs for the cats etc!)

There's also Greengates Cattery which is up near the airport in Yeadon (North West Leeds) which used to be a rescue and is a nice place and well run.

I also know a couple of wonderful cat sitters who may be able to help (although they minly cover the Leeds area)

Hope this helps!
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 18:21:22 PM »
No recommendations, but try the FAB site, they list FAB approved catteries http://www.fabcats.org/catteries/listed_catteries/index.php

Offline BeckyLH

• Kitten
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 17:01:27 PM »
Just to add, I'm willing to travel a fair distance for the right place.

Offline BeckyLH

• Kitten
Can anyone recommend a cattery in West Yorkshire please?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 17:00:08 PM »
Hi everyone,

In a very last minute decision I've decided to go away the first week in June and I need somewhere to board my gorgeous kitty for the week. Can anyone recommend anywhere that may have space? I know I'm asking a lot but I'd like her to go somewhere good as she like a child to me!

Thanks
Becky

Link to CatChat