Author Topic: Feliway ads  (Read 7108 times)

Offline Jiskefet

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Catweazle, Tosca, Xena, Wobbel, Romeo, Connor and Mowgli (and Pinkie, Roesja, Steffie, Tuppence, Jiskefet, Precious, Daisy,Spetter, Klaatu, Gaudi, Josje and Ricky at the Rainbow Bridge)
Re: Feliway ads
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2011, 22:52:37 PM »
I pronounce it either feeliway of fayliway (which is pronouncing it phonetically in Dutch). I don't think they would understand me at the (Dutch) pet shop if I ask for feeliway or fellyway  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline sqeekyjj

• Kitten
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2009, 13:50:17 PM »
Thank you all! :thanks:

The only one which someone (an ex -  :censored:!) paid good money for was Oggie.  Admittedly, the ex knew I was looking for a kitten, but I never expected to find a kitten hiding in my cooker when I got in from work.   He's lovely, but I didn't want to make money for the pet shop, as I had never paid anyone for an animal in my life and didn't intend to start.

Made up for it with the others, though.  They were all rescued (as were previous pets) from one place or another.  Mitzi was about 4 weeks old when I persuaded the nasty man to just let me take her before I called the police, rather than throw it where he was intending to.  Pennycat just turned up one day at an elderly uncle's, lived in his airing cupboard until he died, then we had to find her, as he had never said where she went. 

Keep on telling myself I can't have any more pets.  But I might be moving to a house soon, and then I might just be persuaded....just one more...maybe...two?  :naughty:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2009, 06:24:01 AM »
Hi and  :welcome:  to Purrs  :)

Your cats are all gorgeous  :Luv: :Luv2: (our very first 2 cats were called Penny and Squeaky  ;D

Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2009, 00:20:14 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs.... sqeekyjj,Your babes are beautiful past and present!  :Luv2: :hug:

Im a Fell ee way! Whey hey!  :evillaugh:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2009, 00:16:24 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs sqeekyjj

What gorgeous cats  :Luv2: What a terrible start to life poor Squeak had  :( Glad she has a safe loving home now though  :) She definitely sounds like a feliway clone  :evillaugh:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2009, 23:33:47 PM »
I say Fellyway too cos thats what my vets called it wayyyyyyy back and dont see you get feel  from how its written,#

A for ibruprofen lol.........i say it all in one go Ibrofen I think lol.......its hard to get it out at all and use a lot of it but by trade name of Cuprofen wihich is much easier to say I think  :shify: :shify:

Offline sqeekyjj

• Kitten
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2009, 23:24:32 PM »
I'm probably being daft, but reading the Feliway blurb, it mimics the smell rubbed on doors, furniture, people, walls, appliances, the floor, the furniture and everywhere in the house at a height of 18 inches by a dopey, chilled out cat?

I've got one of them already.

She's called Squeak and was dumped on me my the next door neighbour when her youngest kept hanging her off the balcony by her throat.  She was permanently locked out on the balcony and all I could hear all night in the rain, wind and snow was 'SQEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKK!!!!!  SQWEEEEEEEEEKKKKK!'.  >:(  The neighbours got the hint when I started chucking my jumpers over there, following with crunchies - no mean feat to hang out of the window and do that from the 3rd floor!  :Crazy:

Never got my jumpers back, but the eldest boy turned up and said 'Mum says do you want our cat?  It keeps messing everywhere and my brother's going to kill it, so Mum says give it to you if you want it'.

What could I say?  :doh:

The antisocial, grumbling, spitting, hissing furball of hate that got slung at me changed overnight once she was spayed.  She still doesn't want my lap - my old girl owns that - but she jumps up beside me if I invite her (she won't do it if I don't, but squeaks until I do) and slams her body into my hand for scratches and fuss. :Luv: :Luv2:

She's scent marked everywhere at her height.  Maybe that's why the other two don't really care about fireworks, neighbours, visitors, children, anything.

Who needs Feliway?  :evillaugh:

First is Squeak, next is Oggie, next is Mitzi and next is Pennycat (a Rainbow Kitty)

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009, 21:26:45 PM »
I'm a feel-i-way  :evillaugh:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2009, 23:04:35 PM »
So many misguided souls  :evillaugh:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2009, 22:58:14 PM »
Fellyway for me  :)

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2009, 22:30:13 PM »
I've always said fell-i-way, i too wondered if it was simons cat too, but it wasn't quite the same so i figured they were just trying to cash in on its popularity.

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2009, 22:29:32 PM »
Felliway here.  Wonder how long this thread will get?  :shify:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 19:41:35 PM »
I say Feeliway too   ;D
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 19:23:42 PM »
I have always said fellyway  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 19:17:47 PM »
I say feel-i-way as in feline too.  The vet nurse at my vet says fell-i-way though.  Mind you, I was discussing the pronunciation of 'ibuprofen' with a pharmacist recently and that's not determinate either.  You can either say 'eye-boo-pro-fen' (all evenly) or 'eye-boop-rofren.  They're invented words, I guess.

What a stupid thing to say, Christine (Blip)!  All words are invented, silly :evillaugh:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 19:15:09 PM »
I say feel-i-way as in feline too.  The vet nurse at my vet says fell-i-way though.  Mind you, I was discussing the pronunciation of 'ibuprofen' with a pharmacist recently and that's not determinate either.  You can either say 'eye-boo-pro-fen' (all evenly) or 'eye-boop-rofren.  They're invented words, I guess.

I've always thought it was feel-i-way too. Glad it isn't just me. I felt a bit daft watching the add!  :P

I think we're right and the ad is quite clearly wrong :naughty:

As for 'eye-boop-rofren', that's just ridiculous!

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 19:13:15 PM »
I've always thought it was feel-i-way too. Glad it isn't just me. I felt a bit daft watching the add!  :P

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 19:05:31 PM »
Has anyone seen this ad on TV? Is it just me or do they pronounce it wrong? I've always called it feel-i-way (as in feline) but on the ad they pronounce it fell-i-way  :doh:

I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 18:36:08 PM »
Ive always called it Fell i way but then I also thought it was spelt felliway  :evillaugh:

I was hoping Simons cat would be making loads of money from it
love
Tab

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 18:30:02 PM »
Has anyone seen this ad on TV? Is it just me or do they pronounce it wrong? I've always called it feel-i-way (as in feline) but on the ad they pronounce it fell-i-way  :doh:

:thanks: for the reminder Tab, feliway was on my (mental note) list of things to get but had completely forgotten!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 18:25:34 PM »
Its a 'copy cat'  :sneaky: :innocent:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
Feliway ads
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 18:20:07 PM »
When I was at the vets with Amber on Monday I saw a poster for feliway and thought ooh simons cat.
Is it??

http://www.feliway.com/gb

love
Tab

Link to CatChat