Author Topic: do the cat food manufacturers cheat us?  (Read 7271 times)

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
Re: do the cat food manufacturers cheat us?
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2009, 16:16:55 PM »
the most hated of all by mine is Whiskas Prawns in Jelly - it smells absolutely foul to me too :sick: :sick:
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2009, 15:48:56 PM »
Ironic, actually, as it is one of the things I hated about Asda Senior and certain HiLife, that you only got one flavour in a box!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2009, 15:47:33 PM »
Mine love the poultry ....well the big cats but they hate the beef and the birmans also dont like the beef in the gourmet pate either so boxes are a waste of time.

Yes I think they cheat us because it would be much better to have boxes of one flavour.

I cant by the big boxes of felix because of the beef ones and think there is also another dodgey flavour in there.

Looking at how much I have spent on cat food recently is far far more than on anything for me and the prices are still going up.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 15:46:37 PM »
do they deliberately include varieties they know are unpopular with cats so we have to buy more?

The short answer?  Yes.  It's why manufacturers (of anything) invented variety packs.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 15:40:42 PM »
Poultry flavour is another that gets ignored. Weirdly mine went off Felic AND Whiskas senior recently so I started buying adult and there was still waste. I have been buying chicken soingle for Clapton for ages. I also wish I could get packs or even singles of Gourmet perle Game and Sheba game as they are the only flavour she likes  :tired:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 15:38:10 PM »
I always wondered why they put Beef flavours in so many boxes, as that tends to be the one that is hated most.
Please spay your cat

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
do the cat food manufacturers cheat us?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 15:35:36 PM »
I am surprised by how often a partiicular flavour of Whiskas or Felix is rejected totally by all three of my cats

the only Whiskas they will all eat is Tuna in jelly and Chicken in jelly - and these are the two most commonly found sold separately, which suggests the manufacturers know they are popular

so why can't we buy a discounted box of 12 of only these flavours? do they deliberately include varieties they know are unpopular with cats so we have to buy more?

or do I have the only cats who all dislike the same foods?
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Link to CatChat