Author Topic: The Bring Chilli Home Thread - She's home  (Read 6900 times)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Re: The Bring Chilli Home Thread - She's home
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2009, 08:05:53 AM »
I think this thread has run its course now, so unless anyone objects, I'm locking it.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2009, 19:35:34 PM »
Im not sure she will be back  :shy:
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 21:40:54 PM by ccmacey »
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2009, 19:23:40 PM »
 :where: Bonnielass?  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2009, 18:21:09 PM »
I'm looking forward to the pictures we were promised. ;)

I definitely feel this situation is one that's better resolved off forum, rather than via a thread. Noone needs to leave, there just needs to be better communication. :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2009, 17:14:06 PM »
Woo Hoo I'm so pleased Chilli is back home safe and well.

Sandra .... Shona .... you can both STOP all this talk about leaving Purrs.  I think you both need to talk to each other ... but there is absolultely NO reason for either of you to leave the forum.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2009, 10:40:29 AM »
 :hug: to both of you.

I don't think there is any need for either of you to leave, you are both valued members.  Obviously you have both grievances in relation to the way this has all panned out and they have been aired and hopefully will be resolved.  As no two people are identical there will be differences in how things are done or said or interpreted.  There are two sides to every story and I can see why you would both be upset over what has happened.

However, it would be a shame if a shared love of cats and their welfare is overpowered by misunderstandings and hurt feelings. 

Karen
x

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2009, 10:08:09 AM »
 :popcorn:

I'm not taking sides as none of us know all the ins & outs - just to say it would be a shame if anyone left or fell out.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2009, 08:54:53 AM »
Any chance of this subject being dealt with by PM or better still the telephone as tone of voice can often help where the typed word sounds harsher.  I am really upset for both of you as you've both been through alot and realise you both feel so hurt. It really won't help either of you to continue this in public.

I so very much hope neither of you leave  :hug:

So glad Chiili and Dave are settling down.

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2009, 08:33:49 AM »
I don't think you should leave but I think you should have come to me privately which at no point have you done. Even yesterday, you could have said something while we were upstairs with Chilli, instead you acted like everything was fine knowing what you had posted and that I would then get home and find it.

This could have been dealt with very differently and need never have gotten to this stage, instead I would come on here and find all your grievances aired as publicly as possible with no warning that anything is wrong to me. More than a little unfair.

I understand you may feel some things were not to your liking but if you don't speak up to the person you have the problem with how can they have any opportunity to rectify it?

As I have said, there are two sides to every story but out of respect to what you have done for me I have chosen not to voice any of that.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2009, 08:12:28 AM »
Im sorry and apologise for airing this on the forum but i cant help the way i feel about this situation and in view of everything thats gone off i will be the one leaving,ive enjoyed my time on Purrs and thank everyone for the support ive recieved over the year ive been here :hug: :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2009, 00:48:55 AM »
This is clearly a very stressful situation for all concerned.

There are always two sides to every story, therefore, regardless of who has posted what, I urge you both to deal with what is clearly a very private matter off forum. We cannot mediate on this openly ladies  :hug:  You are both respected members and we cannot pick sides on this, nor would we wish to.

It is clear there is a shared love for Chilli and Dave and naturally the circumstances only you two know about, none of us can or should judge them.

I hope you are able to resolve this, there is no need for any member to leave following this.

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2009, 00:45:42 AM »
Just as an aside to the ugly turn yet another of my threads has taken, I would like those that are interested to know that Chilli is home, had a wander, a cuddle, a purr, has eaten and is back to wandering around. A minor split second grumble is all Dave has received so going well so far.

Also, thank you to everyone who has helped and supported me with all this recently and i apologise if my thanks have not been often or profuse enough. One of my many faults is not being always being great with the fluffy stuff and i worry too much whether people are really all that bothered about heairng from me. So if I haven't been vocal enough I want to say the hugest sorry I am capable of. If only I could get character references with my faults included and then maybe I could have a better footing. As it is I seem to have made some mistakes for which I am now paying the price for.

So once again, thank you and sorry.

I will bow out for now and have a think about whether it best for everyone that I continue here. Love to everyone from me, Dave and Chilli. It has been truly wonderful to be part of this.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
Re: The Bring Chilli Home Thread
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2009, 00:23:26 AM »
Right -

Shona heres a  :hug: and you're not leaving purrs...FULL STOP !

I totally agree that all this shouldnt be said on the open forum.

MODS STEP IN PLEASE ?

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2009, 00:09:46 AM »
Bonnielass, I would very much appreciate it if you would stop bad mouthing me on here and instead have the courtesy to let me know this in private. At the last minute things changed and when I emailed you I said I would be there hopefully about lunchtime, when I knew this wasn't going to happen I let you know and gave you a new estimated time of arrival.

Why are you persisting in trying to defame me on here. There are many many things I could bring up which I feel slighted about but due to manners and feeling that you did look after them very well it would not be appropriate to drag it up yet you seem intent on hurting me and making me look like a selfish, unthoughtful, rude person. Anyone who knows me knows this not to be true. I can be a bit of a scatterbrain at times and probably completely forgot about sending you a text, not out of spite or rudeness, just human forgetfulness.

When Dave and I left I made sure to get up very early to ensure ther was plenty of time and warning for you that I would be leaving, once we had the carrier sorted I told I will grab Dave, which I did. It wasn't me deliberately stopping you from cuddling him but as you say, by this point time was pushing on, as you said yourself at the time and I was trying to get organised. I would never have stopped you saying goodbye, what sort of human being are you trying to paint me as!

I love that one side of the story is only being told here because I have manners not to air my dirty laundry or grievances in this manner, I go directly to the person but apparently I am not given this courtesy. Is that also a generational thing?

I have spent a good 13 or 14 hours travelling today and I get home to be greeted by this.

If you look back on the transport thread where I asked you to tell what I had posted that was so rude neither yourself, in private, or anyone else privately or publicly could tell me.

I am seriously considering walking away from purrs as I do not need to come on here to find a one sided attack on me with very little grounds to do so but leaves me in tears and heartbroken.

I am sorry for anyone I have done that is so heinously wrong, as I have said all along, it was never my intention. I am just rather speechless at my public treatment from you recently Bonnielass, I appreciate the strain you are under and I absolutely appreciate all you did for the puds but I am also in a very stressful situation at the moment myself and sometimes my brain goes a bit hayward because of this. perhaps the younger generation isn't allowed to be affected by stress.

Once again I am going to have to take a break as I cannot sit here crying every night at things people don't have the guts to bring to me privately as an adult.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2009, 22:03:02 PM »
Communication is a critical skill in such circumstances. I think if someone has the courtesy to do you a favour (and such a favour) then the least you can do is make sure you carry through on commitments to them. It is not a generational thing, it is a courtesy thing I am afraid. Sorry you feel this way Bonnielass, especially at present when other things in your life are not going so well. Hope you get prompt advice regarding their safe arrival this time. :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2009, 21:02:05 PM »
I'll bet they'll both miss you too BL, you were their surrogate Mum and did a great job of looking after them  :) I bet Shona can't wait to get back and for Chilli and Dave to be reunited  :Luv:  I'm looking forward to the photo fest  :naughty:

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2009, 18:44:39 PM »
Well Chilli is now on her way back with Shona and i do hope with all my heart that she settles in with her and Davey,i know im going to miss them both :(

I have also offered to have Chilli back if she doesnt settle :hug:

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2009, 16:20:18 PM »
I think what you did was wonderful BL  :hug: - dont let one bad experience put you off helping again in the future  :hug:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2009, 13:38:33 PM »
I think you have hit part of it on the head Sandra with ref to the age difference.....We worry about our younger generation, they dont see what all the fuss is about!

Tell me about it as I have the wonderfull CC that does this too!  :evillaugh:  :hug:

Many a night spent awake worrying!  :tired: :evillaugh:

And I also think that you and that very big heart of yours does easily become emotionally attatched (I have the same problem too!) Its so hard to part even though you know its the right thing to do!  :hug: :hug:

Not blaming one or the other here, as I can see both sides.... ;) and  :hug: to you both!  :hug: :hug:

« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 01:41:24 AM by Bazsmum »

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2009, 13:23:56 PM »
Im also sad about this situation, when i took Chilli an Dave on i wasnt sure what to expect, but they both turned out to be loving beautiful cats, each has their own little quirks but they soon adapted and became an extended part of my little family, Davey fitted in straight away ,but then hes so laid back about things Chilli took a little bit longer but once she was allowed her freedom she became much more affectionate.

When i found out Sona was coming home i felt really sad that i was loosing them both  as ive grown very attached to them both, but i was also happy for them as they were going to be re-united with their mum which was the whole object of my fostering them.

When Chilli disappeared i was panic stricken and altho Shona didnt blame me i felt i had failed in some way , and when she left with Davey i cant discribe how i felt, i didnt get chance to cuddle him before she departed, as she was anxious to get going, understandable but it felt like i had just been used (silly i know ) I asked her to text me to let me know she arrived safely, she didnt do this i had to read it on the Purrs site, so i worried all day as i know from my coaching days what its like driving for long stretches on a motorway and to be honest i felt angry  that she hadnt taken the time to send me a quick text.

Then after reading the reports on Purrs about me and my family i felt that i had to clarify the remarks, now maybe its me being oversensative and the fact we are generations apart age wise i dont know but i just felt that everything i had done had been taken for granted,, ive loved having the 2 despite the odd problem  and im glad that they are all going to be re-united but its made me very wary of ever offering to help again

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2009, 12:38:51 PM »
I hope everything goes well with the journey and collection.
Im just so sad that it all this seems to have broken a friendship
 :hug: :hug: :hug:
love
Tab

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2009, 12:35:02 PM »
Well after waiting in all morning for Shona to arrive to collect Chilli i have now just recieved a text saying she wont be here till tonight as she is waiting for a friend to come with her

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Eddited to say " I do think it wise to have a friend with her though!"  ;) :hug:
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 12:38:15 PM by Bazsmum »

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2009, 12:00:59 PM »
Well after waiting in all morning for Shona to arrive to collect Chilli i have now just recieved a text saying she wont be here till tonight as she is waiting for a friend to come with her

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2009, 11:30:49 AM »
I thought it was Friday  :'( :rofl: :rofl:

So did I!  :-[ :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2009, 09:11:50 AM »
I thought it was Friday  :'( :rofl: :rofl:

Good luck for today.

Mary  :hug:
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2009, 00:46:55 AM »
Motorways are so boring, just remember loads of coffee and music! Safe journey..... ;)

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2009, 22:59:12 PM »
Safe journey tomorrow.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2009, 22:45:31 PM »
Far from looking forward to the drive as I am terrible for getting sleepy motorway driving but it's a means to an end.

Can't you take someone with you ?

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2009, 21:46:00 PM »
Came down now Mary, it's all happening tomorrow! Then trust me there will be no end of pictures and updates ;D

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2009, 20:58:07 PM »
Well ????  We're all waiting......................

:allears: :allears: :catlove2: :catlove2: :pic: :pic: :catlove: :clap: :ahh:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2009, 21:35:51 PM »
Woo hoo so glad you have finally sorted everything ...... get a good nights sleep tonight hun.  Remember lots of regular rests to combat the sleepyness.  :hug:

Tonight doesn't matter, it's tomorrow night that matters ;) I can go back to being excited about seeing my baby and she will be straight on the Zylkene!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2009, 21:30:52 PM »
Excellent news, take care on the journey  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2009, 21:24:31 PM »
And food!

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2009, 21:20:59 PM »
Woo hoo so glad you have finally sorted everything ...... get a good nights sleep tonight hun.  Remember lots of regular rests to combat the sleepyness.  :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2009, 20:27:41 PM »
Well done hun, glad you managed to get a car sorted, only one more day to go and you'll have your girl back home with you  :hug: :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2009, 19:57:02 PM »
Sorted! I am picking up my Mum's partners car tomorrow afternoon and he will pay the extra petrol it will cost as it is a bigger car with a bigger engine than the one his useless, selfish son will not part with :censored: Apparently one of the excuses was that his girlfriend hadn't driven it yet! This is a 32/33 year old man. Oh he infuriates me although I shouldn't really be surprised anymore.

So I will head down on Saturday and get Chilli and the precious bag I left behind. Far from looking forward to the drive as I am terrible for getting sleepy motorway driving but it's a means to an end.

Thanks to everyone who has helped with this, it is so much appreciated and needed :hug:

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2009, 17:25:22 PM »
Looked into car hire but so many obstacles, need proof of address - just moved in so none of that. Need paper part of my license - lost that with all the moving. We were going to do it on my mums card as they take £150 deposit on top of the hire cost (which I would pay) but the card holder has to be the driver.

This just feels so impossible right now, everything is conspiring against me. Was so looking forward to having her home tonight :'(

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2009, 17:19:06 PM »
Could you hire a car for a day or 2?  I'm sure that would probably work out cheaper than the courier cost?

Sorry if that's not a very helpful suggesion, I just can't think of any other options right now  :hug:  :shy:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2009, 17:17:13 PM »
Just checking in, my useless :censored: of a step brother didn't turn up and din't tell me till about half an hour ago after chasing him all day. Some excuse about being in an ppointment or working or something, which if you knew him, is all a load of :censored: I'm fuming.

So am now trying to sort out borrowing a car tomorrow but not looking hopeful as it is from him (his Dad's car and he has been told he can have the other one as his Dad is away for the week on business). I am so angry I could spit, he knows how desperate I am and that it is to get Chilli and my passport which I stupidly left in a bag down there and need before any of my benefit claims can be processed. So truly am desperate.

I am racking my brains and trying everything I know. The courier finished up at £170 but don't have enough for that so sort of back to square one for the moment. i will keep everyone posted and have emailed BL as well. :tired:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 16:44:20 PM »
oh that is great news!!

Link to CatChat