Author Topic: Classic Cat Food Pouches  (Read 7065 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Classic Cat Food Pouches
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2011, 15:41:49 PM »
Hi there - I am new to this forum. I have a diabetic cat and am always looking for healthy food to buy. I have discovered that Nisa stores are one of the few who have the facility to order Classic Cat Food Pouches. If  they do not keep it in stock, they will be glad to order it, (Minimum 4 boxes, I think). Hope this is helpful.

My cat Lacie is also diabetic, she has the classic tins but has gone off them a bit recently, I find that as she doesn't eat alot in a day (she has m/d biscuits too) that the jelly goes watery and sometimes has a milky residue...it also smells even worse after its been open a couple of days. I end up throwing away 3/4 of a tin usually!
I've been looking for the pouches for a while but everywhere said they were discontinued, i'm gonna have to get myself to wilkos/morrisons to try her out with the pouches.  ;D

That's right, it seems like the jelly is all at the bottom now instead of mixed in like it used to be.  My cats have always loved the jelly so for Pep I have to get the fork to the bottom when I open a new tin otherwise it's all jelly when I get to it.  I only keep it a a day at the most as the ferals share Pep's food but I've noticed that the jelly does go watery if it's warm and not put in the fridge straight away. 
I've not had many of the Classic pouches as they seem to be hard to find, in fact it's only PAH I've bought them from in the past - I thinlk, and a while since I've been so don't know if they still do them.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 15:43:43 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Lindsey (thefunkyinuit)

• Senior Cat
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2011, 15:11:22 PM »
Hi there - I am new to this forum. I have a diabetic cat and am always looking for healthy food to buy. I have discovered that Nisa stores are one of the few who have the facility to order Classic Cat Food Pouches. If  they do not keep it in stock, they will be glad to order it, (Minimum 4 boxes, I think). Hope this is helpful.

My cat Lacie is also diabetic, she has the classic tins but has gone off them a bit recently, I find that as she doesn't eat alot in a day (she has m/d biscuits too) that the jelly goes watery and sometimes has a milky residue...it also smells even worse after its been open a couple of days. I end up throwing away 3/4 of a tin usually!
I've been looking for the pouches for a while but everywhere said they were discontinued, i'm gonna have to get myself to wilkos/morrisons to try her out with the pouches.  ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2011, 13:56:21 PM »
 :thanks: felineziggy - that's really good to know and I'm sure it will help others for future reference. Classic is supposed to be good for stomatitis too.

Offline felineziggy

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Tia, Layla, Denzil, Leah, Mia
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2011, 12:50:37 PM »

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2009, 10:20:03 AM »
I looked in a couple of wilkinsons (one a large one) and neither had the pouches.

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2009, 22:38:44 PM »
That's handy to know, our nearest Wilkinsons is miles away but Morrisons has just opened a bit closer - we've run out of the pouches but Dougie has suddenly decided he likes game flavour so might give the tins a go again.  He still hates fish flavours though!

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2009, 19:28:16 PM »
Went to Morrisons for a couple of things today and can't go into a supermarket without checking out the cat food aisle, and they had the meat pouches - he didn't wolf the beef one as quickly as the tuna one last week, but he is eating it. I can't remember how much I paid in Wilkinsons to know if htey are cheaper though - they are £2.99 a box in Morrisons
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2009, 16:32:39 PM »
Sadly Sam wont eat the tins now, which is a shame as they did work wonders on his mouth. I am going to e-mail butchers, when my e-mail ever works to see if they can tell me another stockist
Please spay your cat

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2009, 16:31:06 PM »
Ours only stock the fish flavours too, much to my Mums chagrin as Blossom prefers meat to fish. We buy cans of Classic as pouches don't last long with our mob.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2009, 16:26:19 PM »
Went to Wilkinsons yesterday, and unfortunately my branch only stock the fishy pouches - Sam isn't too keen on fishy flavours. He did eat the tuna one yesterday (not quite as quickly as his usual food) but hasn't been keen on the Salmon flavour - if anyone wants to swap 3 fishy pouches for 3 meaty pouches, pm me. They are a bit different in texture to the tins, the chunks are a bit harder and they are quite similar to the Tesco Just Nature.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2009, 20:00:11 PM »
They didn't have it in the Canterbury Wilkinson's today  :tired:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2009, 18:25:03 PM »
Amazingly Dougie has eaten all three flavours, which is a first for any cat in this household!

That said, he's only picked at today's beef even though it's his favourite, so am hoping his mouth is ok.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009, 18:56:23 PM »
Great, will get to Wilkinsons next weekend though, as the tins worked wonders on Sams gums, but he wouldnt eat them - he liked the tray though, but it has cereals in it. I might get some more anyway and alternate them with the pouches.
Please spay your cat

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 21:01:59 PM »
My OH has just caught me sniffing a beef pouch and thinks I've gone :Crazy:

They definitely don't smell as bad as the tins though :evillaugh:

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 19:59:23 PM »
Don't think they smell quite as bad as the tins, but they still don't smell great...

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 19:32:23 PM »
they are quite strong aren't they  :-:  I've never seen classic in anything other than tins though but we have a Wilkinsons I'll have to nip and have a look
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 19:11:45 PM »
How do they smell, i hate the aroma of the tins  :sick:

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 18:47:20 PM »
No cereal, no soya and no preservatives!

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 08:26:40 AM »
Do they have cereals in them, as the trays of Classic do? If they dont, I know where I am going at weekend!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
Classic Cat Food Pouches
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 18:57:14 PM »
Wilkinsons are selling "new" Classic pouches, in packs of beef, chicken and lamb.

Fingers crossed Dougie likes the lamb as he loves beef and chicken.  It will be a miracle if I can find one make of food that he likes all three flavours of!

Link to CatChat