Author Topic: Arden Grange sensitive has gone down well  (Read 6662 times)

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Re: Arden Grange sensitive has gone down well
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2009, 21:29:49 PM »

For now, Willow is getting anything she will eat which at the moment is Purina one duck (wet) -

There is R/C sensitivity duck(wet) which you can get from vet uk and Phoebe likes it more than Chicken& Rice, if you want i can send you few to see if Willow eats.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2009, 21:10:09 PM »
That might be interesting  :shify:

For now, Willow is getting anything she will eat which at the moment is Purina one duck (wet) -
 I would rather her eat that than refuse things that are good for her  :Crazy:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Catbird

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2009, 21:01:08 PM »
The sensitive isn't going down as well as it was at the beginning but tough - they will have to lump it as there is too much wasted food around here!  :tired:

That sounds familiar!

I emailed Arden Grange about Dot's sudden dislike for it and they sent me an interesting and informative email back.  I am just off to bed now (party animal, that I am) but if you would like me to PM you a copy of said email, I'll be happy to do so tomorrow.

[edited for clarity an' that] 

C.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 21:03:14 PM by Catbird »

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2009, 20:46:45 PM »
PAv, I will get round to sending the food tomorrow, I promise!!
Desley, i got the sample today, it went down well with Phoebe, thankyou.x
I am glad i ordered some from vetuk, but do you think its ok that she is having sensivity wet and Renal dry or is it best to have both Renal?

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2009, 22:26:59 PM »
Thanks Desley, i had to place the order since we needed R/C wet so i did order the dry too, if it doesnt go down well i find a home for it. :)
But  :thanks: x

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2009, 20:15:47 PM »
PAv, I will get round to sending the food tomorrow, I promise!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2009, 14:48:02 PM »
The sensitive isn't going down as well as it was at the beginning but tough - they will have to lump it as there is too much wasted food around here!  :tired:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2009, 18:30:33 PM »
Well, the Arden Grange is a huge hit - only trouble is that I have mixed it with the Orijen and they are picking out all the Orijen and just eating the Arden Grange at the moment  :rofl:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2009, 13:14:47 PM »
Thanks Pav - I have just Pmd you x
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2009, 12:50:34 PM »
I think some cats react differently because one of mine gets a bald sore spot from Stronghold but if fine with the advocate.

As I said Pav if you dont want to use the Advocate I will buy if off you.
Thanks.
I am going to post office this afternoon to post the Bozita to Gill, if you want PM me your address now and i send it today. x

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2009, 12:45:01 PM »
Hi Pav - I will buy the advocate from you if it has got a decent shelf life - I use it on all my cats (its what the Bengal breeder uses) and I think its good because it gets rid of ear mites as well as the fleas and some worms - I still uses a conventional wormer because the advocate doesnt do all worms.
Sheryl , PM me your address and i put it in post on Monday, i dont want any money , but if you want you can donate few pounds to a rescue here on purrs.
Exp date is 09/2010 and there are 5 left in the pack.

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2009, 12:38:51 PM »
I think some cats react differently because one of mine gets a bald sore spot from Stronghold but if fine with the advocate.

As I said Pav if you dont want to use the Advocate I will buy if off you.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2009, 12:33:23 PM »
Advocate does the same job as stronghold so i wouldnt worry about it  ;D
Thats what the vet said, but since i got her home last Friday she started shedding her fur so much , its every where si i went back to them and asked if its some kind of allergy to advocate, but they said its very rare and they think its stress of taking her to vets so now i am not comfortable to use it again just in case.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2009, 11:14:15 AM »
Advocate does the same job as stronghold so i wouldnt worry about it  ;D

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2009, 09:37:56 AM »
Hi Pav - I will buy the advocate from you if it has got a decent shelf life - I use it on all my cats (its what the Bengal breeder uses) and I think its good because it gets rid of ear mites as well as the fleas and some worms - I still uses a conventional wormer because the advocate doesnt do all worms.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2009, 08:59:00 AM »
My vet used Advocate last time Charlie was done, he said it worms and defleas.  I don't know why I didn't feel too happy about it and think I will go back to traditional worming and Frontline

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2009, 08:14:30 AM »
i think you can crush L-Lysine, it is used a lot on the US forum for cats with chronic snuffle type issues, as it can help boost the immune system. Not used Advocate for years though.
Please spay your cat

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2009, 00:18:19 AM »
Thanks MM.  :hug:

Since few people read this posts, does any one use advocate ? I always use stronghold but the new vet didnt have any and used advocate on Phoebe and gave me the whole box, there is 5 left in there but i prefer to use stronghold next time , he also gave me L-LYSINEfor her but they are huge noway she takes them if any one can use them i am happy to post it :)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2009, 20:04:44 PM »
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=734758 speaks in favour of raw for crf cats

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2009, 19:58:31 PM »
Pav can you get some samples from your vet first, its expensive and have to say that often they wont eat it!
Thanks MM, its the dry food i am going to get her, she has been on R/C sensivity dry and wet , but i thought i should try her on dry renal and wet sensivity, my new vet said not to give her renal because she cant handle it?! But surely if she eats it is good for her or not? I call tomorrow and see if they can give me some sample, also do you know if fresh row meat is good for cats with CRF or not? Thanks

Im not sure if raw is good for crf cats sorry, tanyas crf site says
Raw Food

You need to think carefully about feeding a raw food diet to a CRF cat, because CRF cats are immune compromised, and according to a recent study (Septicemic Salmonellosis in Two Cats Fed a Raw-Meat Diet (2003) Stiver SL, Frazier KS, Mauel MJ & Styer EL Journal of the American Animal Hospital Association 39 pp538-542), raw foods may carry a greater risk of salmonella poisoning, although it must be noted that the incidence of salmonella in cats generally is very low

the salmonella side of anti raw is not a great argument imo as cats digestive tracts are designed to deal with it. The above doesnt mention phos issues so would expect that to be ok, after all its what god made for cats to eat so should be balanced just right for them

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2009, 13:43:21 PM »
I'll ask him for sure but he is napping at the moment too

Catbird

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2009, 13:24:08 PM »
scoffed it with pleasure

He couldn't give Dot a ring, could he?  Her morning nap's overrunning today but she'll be up in a while.

C.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2009, 11:45:42 AM »
My sample of Arden Grange arrived today (very quickly) with an information leaflet.  It's a 500g bag, I didn't expect so much and Charlie has had a few in his treat ball and, as is usual for Charlie, scoffed it with pleasure

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2009, 07:56:54 AM »
Not a prob Pav, will get it in the post for you.
Please spay your cat

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2009, 17:39:46 PM »
Pav, I have a sample bag of RC REnal that I can pop in the post to you, it didn't go down too well with Rosie, hence having a bag left.
Desley, i appreciate if you do, i called my vet today for sample but they dont have any dry! Thankx

Catbird

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2009, 13:43:06 PM »
I thought you were trying samples first this time?

I did - she gobbled them down with no probs but got sniffy when the 2.5kg back was broached!  I swear she does it to wind me up.  She ate rather more Arden G this morning cos I successfully his it under a layer of RC Sensible.  Little sod.

C.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2009, 08:22:11 AM »
Pav, I have a sample bag of RC REnal that I can pop in the post to you, it didn't go down too well with Rosie, hence having a bag left.
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2009, 08:03:56 AM »
Reading Mark's initial post I have contacted Arden Grange who are sending me a free sample of their light food.  Let you know how it goes down

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2009, 22:16:01 PM »
Pav can you get some samples from your vet first, its expensive and have to say that often they wont eat it!
Thanks MM, its the dry food i am going to get her, she has been on R/C sensivity dry and wet , but i thought i should try her on dry renal and wet sensivity, my new vet said not to give her renal because she cant handle it?! But surely if she eats it is good for her or not? I call tomorrow and see if they can give me some sample, also do you know if fresh row meat is good for cats with CRF or not? Thanks

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2009, 19:16:20 PM »
Willow is eating the RF23 and she is really picky.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2009, 19:09:30 PM »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 18:51:32 PM »
The RF16 is for dogs. I ordered RF23. I noticed they also do one called RSF26 for cats but I can't see the difference. It mentions improved palatabilty. If that is the only difference, I would have ordered that. I think most people get the RF23 - hopefully someone else can confirm.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2009, 18:37:38 PM »
Thanks Mark, i have a big order to place, i will use your CP Link, but could you tell me which dry is the best, they have R/C renal RF23& RF16 ?

Sorry for all the questions , its first time i am ordering renal for Phoebe!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009, 18:15:00 PM »
A few of the rescues have links, including our local CP branch  ;) http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk/

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 18:03:36 PM »
 :thanks:. I am going to order R/C , but where is the link for Vet UK, the one which rescue get something?

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 17:56:02 PM »
The phosphorus is 1.25 so not good - however the protein is high quality. would like to have given Willow & Clapton Arden Graqnge but had to order RC renal for them instead. It says it is higher fat and lower carb than usual food which is good and 0.3 phosphorus.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 17:53:03 PM »
Is Arden Grange good for cats with CRF? Where is the best place to get them from , Zoo plus?

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 16:46:04 PM »
I thought you were trying samples first this time?

Catbird

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 16:10:57 PM »
I am having a bit of trouble with this.  I'm trying to move Dot over slowly from RC Sensible to Arden Sensitive and she's not that keen.  Dot has been very loyal to RC  :) so maybe the Arden stuff just tastes too different to her.  I will keep plodding slowly on but if I can't convince her, Debsymiller is looking at another whizz round the M25  :tired:

C.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 12:28:42 PM »
It doesn't have all the "botanicals" that Orijen has but I'm not sure if things like wild liquorice root are are there for effect  :evillaugh:

Link to CatChat