Author Topic: Geoffrey has gone missing U/D he's home!  (Read 7133 times)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Re: Geoffrey has gone missing
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2008, 14:31:38 PM »
Something must be horribly wrong as he rarely goes out of the garden and never misses a meal. 

:hug: not necessarily: Blip is the same but one day years ago she took herself off overnight.  I was as worried as you.  I came back in from putting up a second batch of posters to find her sitting behind the front door, right as rain.  To this day, I don't know where she went, but I suspect she got herself shut in somewhere.  Keep calling him  :hug:
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 15:53:41 PM by Christine (Blip) »
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline sazkat2

• Senior Cat
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2008, 14:24:33 PM »
Really hope he comes home soon  :hug:

PLEASE GIVE A BLACK CAT A CHANCE LOTS ARE LEFT IN RESCUE JUST BECAUSE OF THEIR COLOUR.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2008, 14:19:39 PM »
I'm sorry that Geoffrey is missing, you're doing all the right things to try and find him. I know what a horrible feeling it is especially when its out of character. I hope he is back soon  :hug:

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2008, 14:12:50 PM »
Thanks all, am just printing off some posters and leaflets now.  Something must be horribly wrong as he rarely goes out of the garden and never misses a meal.  I've phoned all the local vets and also identichip locate are supposed to be contacting all vets/cpl etc within a 20 mile radius.  I'm absolutely beside myself

Offline Indys Mamma

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2008, 14:06:47 PM »
also notify vets and rescues... if he did wander off chasing a bird or anything then end up looking lost some person could hand him in trying to be helpful

I'm sure just as you are convinced you are about to have an actual heart attack then he will saunter up and demand food

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2008, 13:58:16 PM »
Hope he returns very soon  :hug:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2008, 13:55:42 PM »
 :hug:

Defo start on the leaflets and posters, I have everything crossed he'll wander in later today like nothing has happened  :hug:

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2008, 13:52:41 PM »
Thanks all, just been out again, been to virtually every house in the village now, walked round the nearest fields and am completely at a loss.  It is so out of character for him, he is totally a 100% homely boy, he literally wanders down the garden, does his business and comes back in.  I have personally checked most of the neighbours gardens and have called and listened in all of them.  I have no idea what to do now, we are about to start making up posters and leaflets.  I can't stop crying.

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2008, 13:18:33 PM »
Try not to worry - Jerry did this to us the other evening , and he was in the field just fine. He was hunting and obviously suffering from selective deafness!

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2008, 13:13:35 PM »
Check this thread for ideas.  Even in a small village, he could be in the one place you haven't looked

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,305.msg0.html#new

Have you asked people to check their outbuildings?  He may have got shut in somewhere.  If he's a bit of a scaredy cat, chances are he hasn't gone far and is just trapped somewhere, or is out of his comfort zone and unsure of how to get home.

:hug:

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2008, 12:57:53 PM »
We live in a tiny village I have knocked on just about every door I have climbed in every garden I have been able to access and have driven up and down all the nearby roads and so far nothing, I've just uploaded his photo to identichip and will go back out in a moment, I just needed to sit down for a mo.  It's really very unlike him I'm so worried

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 12:56:34 PM »
Hope you find him soon :hug:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 12:55:45 PM »
Try not to worry, it's early days yet  :hug:  Sending come home vibes to Geoffrey  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 12:55:30 PM »
So sorry, start door knocking and searching now  :hug: :hug:

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 12:54:31 PM »
He was in overnight he must have gone out first thing and hasn't been seen since, he loves his food but he wasn't back for breakfast he really literally doesn't go anywhere, he is terrified of other people I can only imagine he is hurt and can't get home or he has been chased by another cat and doesn't know where he is.  We are surrounded by fields so there are lots of places he could have got chased, I'm so scared

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 12:52:25 PM »
Oh no  :hug:  I hope he's just gone for a walkabout and comes strolling in very soon, wondering what all the fuss is about.

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
Geoffrey has gone missing U/D he's home!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 12:43:25 PM »
I am absolutely beside myself Iv'e been out loking all morning have just come back in to upload a photo to identichip,  It's most unlike him he doesn't ever go out of the garden I'm at a loss as to what has happened
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 20:47:57 PM by fluffybunny »

Link to CatChat