Author Topic: Very Worrying ad- what do you guys think???  (Read 7388 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Very Worrying ad- what do you guys think???
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2008, 22:49:50 PM »
What about the other ads for "Indigo cat paradise" - anyone fancy following those up?  :shify:

Just google those 2 words and you will see loads of freeads saying they wll take cats, kittens and pregnant cats  :scared:

I haven't got much free time at the moment to do this - I know the RSPCA should be doing stuff like this.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2008, 22:37:47 PM »
I have emailed ....will let you know what i get back

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2008, 22:28:29 PM »
I've e mailed her back asking which rescue she works for and also mentioned the fact that her ad says she will not sell the kittens on when in fact I googled her e mail address and found an ad selling kittens. I will let you know if I get a reply. Poor cats.

You could tell a white lie and say that the RSPCA are watching her and considering taking action which will cost her £1000s -
In reality, we know they are a useless bunch of  :censored: where that kind of thing is concerned.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2008, 22:15:03 PM »
No reply as of yet, will see what happens tomorrow.

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2008, 22:05:13 PM »
I've e mailed her back asking which rescue she works for and also mentioned the fact that her ad says she will not sell the kittens on when in fact I googled her e mail address and found an ad selling kittens. I will let you know if I get a reply. Poor cats.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2008, 21:42:10 PM »
Debs, if they are a registered Charity, they won't have any problems giving the name and charity number, if they refuse then I would assume something fishy is definitely going on  :hug:

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 21:40:03 PM »
Google the email addy and it comes up with 2 kittens one for £60 both for £100 ... "They have been wormed and fronlined. Bought up with a noisey child and dog so will make lovely family pets. can go seperatly or together. Im asking £60 each or £100 for the two as i want them to go to a loving permanent home."

Sounds more like a money making scam to me than rescue.

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 21:36:54 PM »
I've seen adverts like this on both the Southampton and Portsmouth "tree" - always thought it very fishy.
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 21:30:21 PM »
I contacted the RSPCA about a similar ad a month ago and they weren't interested as there was "nothing untoward" in the wording of the ad - It is pathetic the they are supposed to PREVENT cruelty and yet chose to be blind to an obviously dodgy ad. One of the ads said they were called the "Indigo cat paradise" but I could find no trace of any such place  >:(

I just googled the name and all that comes up is ads in freeads sites - I really fear for any cats and kittens handed over to them but the RSPCA refuse to help!  >:(
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 21:32:32 PM by Mark »

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 19:39:22 PM »
I've emailed as well, asking generally what their line of business is since the wording was a bit obscure.

Angie's right, how many rescues have to advertise to rehome litters?

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 19:39:01 PM »
Thanks. The other strange thing is that it's in portsmouth and it's posted on the guildford site- seems very strange that they advertise that far out.
Thanks Bryony, I will be really interested to hear back from you.

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 19:37:15 PM »
I'm emailed to ask for more information, didn't mention charities or anything so will see what I get back.

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 19:35:46 PM »
There are 'rescues' like it all over the country - can't understand it myself.
I think some of them ask for money to take an animal in (we always ask for help only if we know a cat is having to go into a cattery) , some of them deal with pedigrees in the hope of making money in the selling and I'm sure some supply vivsectionists and the like.

The best thing to do is to approach them as an animal owner, see how far down the line you get with them and then back out by saying you friend has stepped in. If they seem a bit dodgy then put an ad on the site warning people.

In fact it will not hurt to put an ad on warning people that they should be careful where they let their pets go and check out any rescue 'advertising' for animals as how many real rescues need to do this?

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
Very Worrying ad- what do you guys think???
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 19:28:26 PM »
I was browsing local 'tree' site to see if there were any FTGH cats ads as we have a couple of spaces at the mo and I was going to offer to take them in our CP care. I didn't actually find any BUT I did come across this... 'Do You Have An Unwanted Litter Kittens Or Pups' It's post number: 29884435 if anyone wants to have a look.

I email my concern and got this reply back:

Hi, thank you for your concern but i do work for a registered charity in our area. I am a student vet in my last year so i am fully aware of what is worded in my ad. When people enquire i would tell them it is not suitable to leave the mother till 8 weeks and that is why we are offering to take the mother as well. thank you for your concern.

I can't help but have a horrid feeling about this one. I wonder if someone else can e mail with their concern then I'd be interested to see what the story they got was. I had asked if it was for a charity which I now wonder if that was a leading question which gave them the idea to say that. Maybe I'm just being worried for no reason but it has bothered me. :(

Link to CatChat