Author Topic: To put some sad minds at rest  (Read 7514 times)

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
Re: To put some sad minds at rest
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2008, 20:05:40 PM »
I find it very sad that something started as a bit of fun to promote Ron's cause and the auction can get blown out of proportion like this.

I've not had the pleasure if visiting Paw's Inn personally, but there are many who I hold in high esteem on this forum, and T is one of them due to the unwavering support she provides for these babes in need, and there is no way she would put any at risk.

I greatly dislike 'tittle tattle', especially on forums where its done behind someones back and they dont get the chance to set the record straight :(
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 20:06:54 PM by clarenmax »

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2008, 20:01:23 PM »
I'd just assumed it was a newbie who'd been gossiping as all us regulars know that T doesn't let all the residents mix together.
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2008, 19:59:23 PM »
If there are any newbies reading, I can assure them that I - and many others - have visited Paws Inn and seen for ourselves the immaculate hygiene and standards of care there.

Your would-be detractors insult only themselves, Teresa.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2008, 19:58:26 PM »
To the Newbie who was gossiping:

A newbie wouldnt care would they?!

Guess this is what happens when people dont read all the threads or they would have seen tinkerbelles rescue story.

Liz - good luck for all your results  :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2008, 19:56:58 PM »
Also the the 'joke' thread had a link to the original Tinkerbelle thread which started off as her being a pregnant stray  :shy:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2008, 19:56:35 PM »
Teresa, no one, especially those of us fortunate enough to have visted the Inn would ever have justification in commenting on the standards of care.  

It is very opportunistic of the person in question to seek a moment to cause discord. It is not wanted, nor warranted on this forum.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 19:57:31 PM by Kittybabe (Ruth) »

Offline ems

• Super Cat
  • My two gorgeous girls, Nina (white) and Kiki
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2008, 19:54:53 PM »

I, and many others on here, have had the privilege of visiting Paws Inn and the level of love and care the residents are shown and the seriousness with which T takes their health and hygiene can only be applauded as it is of the highest level.

Couldn't agree more Lottie  :hug:

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 19:54:06 PM »

I, and many others on here, have had the privilege of visiting Paws Inn and the level of love and care the residents are shown and the seriousness with which T takes their health and hygiene can only be applauded as it is of the highest level.
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 19:53:23 PM »
Good grief! thought we all knew immediately it wasnt Minimop - specially as it was Helen posting LOL! Sorry you've had to justify yourself Teresa, it shouldnt have been necessary.  :hug:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 19:50:41 PM »
T you shouldn't feel the need to justify yourself

Paws Inn looks a wonderful place to live and folks should remember that you won't put Minimopsical or pedro at risk no matter how cute a kitten is as we found to our cost with poor Gem and the bill for testing our mob is enough to make most folks skin curl and keep a third world country fed for several months!

In fact its the kind of place I am coming back to in my next life!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 19:50:32 PM »
Very sad  :( The thread was started with Teresa's approval, she is only too aware how the funds from the calendar will help Ron continue doing the great work.

Offline ems

• Super Cat
  • My two gorgeous girls, Nina (white) and Kiki
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 19:49:45 PM »
Oh what a shame  :-[

I can't believe people would not know it was a great joke started in good faith  :(

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 19:47:25 PM »
Our very own Helen (Tiggy's Mum) started a joke thread here: http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,18977.msg321950.html#msg321950

Helen was seeking to raise awareness of the 2008 Purrs calendar (in aid of Lost Cats Brighton) by making a joke about Tinkerbelle's similarity to Minimopsical.

It is more than a shame if Helen's little jest has caused unpleasantness and gossip, which I for one deplore.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 19:38:24 PM »
I guessed that myself as I remember from when Tinkerbelle was posted how they looked alike :)

and yes if anyone has complaints out with them no gossiping behind the scene's :(
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 19:36:38 PM »
PIC of Tinkerbelle pregnant
PIC of Tinkerbelle with newborn babies

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
To put some sad minds at rest
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 19:34:03 PM »
Sadly a Joke that was posted on here to raise awareness to the Purrs Calendar seems to have caused trouble, I have just received a PM from a person (she knows who she is) who informs me that other people have been discussing my mixing Minimopsical with 2 kittens. Minimopsical as regular Purrs people know shares her life with Pedro who has serious bowel problems,both are blood tested both neutered and both fully vaccinated.

I would just like to remind everybody that at Paws Inn we believe in maintaining strict isolation facilities amongst our rescues and NEVER mix litters as little lives are too precious to put at risk. Unhomeable or long term residents who have been blood tested and are fully vaccinated are allowed to mix within our household.

The picture in question is of Tinkerbelle with her newborn kittens.Tinkerbelle is Minimopsicals double and if anyone thinks I am making it up feel free to visit and check for yourselves.
I find it rather cowardly that people hide and gossip via pms instead of voicing their concerns.

Link to CatChat