Author Topic: In foster care, diabetic Charlie.. Doing alot better now!  (Read 6732 times)

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
That made me cry.  God bless you Charlie you can have every positive vibe in my body to get you well.  A big hug to you from my Charlie too. :hug: :hug:

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
In foster care, diabetic Charlie.. Doing alot better now!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 12:50:21 PM »
We picked up black and white, Charlie 2 days ago after he was reported to us as being a stray that no one had claimed. Suspected that the elderly person in the house he sat ouside was feeding him. That person died late Feb and Charlie has been hanging seeking food and shelter since.

Charlile turns out to be a senior puss with a whole host of health problems, suspected diabetes and maybe kidney problems as well. He is at the vets, where they will do a further lot of tests later to see if his condition has improved from yesterday.

Charlie isnt very well, so all the positive vibes you can muster for this poor little man.. Unfortunately, we have no where to put Charlie at the moment anyhows, but the best place for him is the vets. How he survived outside in the cold with un reliable food supply and no vet care is kind of amazing and we hope that with fluids etc he may improve.

But my gut feeling is that we got to hear about him just too late, but at least we are trying our best.

He remains a affectionate soul.

We are not doing well with poorly cats at the moment..!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 13:58:15 PM by canterbury_cats »
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Link to CatChat