Author Topic: Beware of the cat - Italian sign  (Read 6863 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: Beware of the cat - Italian sign
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2008, 13:58:13 PM »
Ah, that kind of guests.  Glad to hear you and your mates are merry and not drunk!!   :evillaugh: :Luv2: :rofl:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2008, 10:49:44 AM »
Would the guests be the cats or you and your drunken friends!!  :naughty: :rofl:

No - I had a B&B until recently  :evillaugh:

and - I don't have drunken friends! - just merry ones  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline tasha

• Adult Cat
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2008, 10:32:34 AM »
Can recommend cat signs sold on E-bay by teletubbybridesmaid.  (Think that's her e-bay name).  She also does plaques with images of your cats / dogs etc.  I've got one with good likeness of my four and the dog.  I bought it over a year ago and have still to find a good place to hang it up!

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2008, 22:12:06 PM »
Would the guests be the cats or you and your drunken friends!!  :naughty: :rofl:

Speaking iof drunken friends - just been to my friend's house - she only lives a few doors away from me - we had chinese take away and a few glasses of red wine - she spilt some of hers on her beige carpet!!!!!!!!!  She managed to get it out quickly though, so she wasn't that drunk.  :evillaugh:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2008, 19:05:28 PM »
Good thinking. I read that ages ago and have all the antique vases blue tacked to the mantelpieces  :evillaugh: - I was worried that guests would break them  :evillaugh:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2008, 18:53:29 PM »
I'm impressed - well done you - you see you can do anything if you try (or are bullied into it!!).  :evillaugh: :rofl:

Mary

P.S. If it's only balancing , put some blue tak under it or it will be the same as mine - with a chip out of it!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2008, 18:48:38 PM »
Not exactly hanging but balanced on the paneling in the hallway so people see it & tremble when they come in  :evillaugh:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2008, 18:36:55 PM »
I'll give you 3 days to hang it up, no more!!  :evillaugh: :rofl:

Mary

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2008, 16:21:44 PM »
That's how I found it - clearing a cupboard out so it had been there for 3 years  :evillaugh:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2008, 15:32:06 PM »
Probably not, as mine as a slight chip from when I opened the door and a ruddy gust of wind blew it off the nail!  :rofl:

I want/expect evidence that you've found a place for it - can't just shove it in a drawer and forget about it!  :evillaugh: :rofl:

Mary

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2008, 15:15:55 PM »
It is exactly the same  :evillaugh:

I will find a place for it  ;D

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2008, 14:48:09 PM »
Here's the photo of mine Mark, hope you find a place for yours soon.

Mary  :)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2008, 22:44:57 PM »
Mark, I bought one of those tiles in Jesolo market in Italy about 5 years ago.  Mine's in the front porch with just a few more cat ornaments and 2 door mats with cats on!!!   :rofl:

I'll take photo tomorrow - off to bed now.

Mary

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2008, 16:33:38 PM »
Certainly in the example you've given. (See my little apostrophe!)

When I was a student, I was always confusing its and it's (for it is, not the possessive form, apparently that's the former, like theirs, not their's - oh it's so confusing!  :rofl: ).
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2008, 16:27:15 PM »
Or more often, taken them off!  :evillaugh:

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2008, 16:09:08 PM »
I'd be one of the "Eats shoots and leaves" brigade who go round putting the apostrophes on posters.  :rofl:
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2008, 12:22:26 PM »
That drives me up the wall  :Crazy:

Where I used to work, one of my colleagues brought in a print job on disk from a friend to print some huge signs for his shop, saying

BED'S

:Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy:

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2008, 12:15:31 PM »
Under the first ebay link there's a plaque of two identical cats, with the saying Beware of the Cat, no your not seeing double.
This would be perfect for whoever takes on my identical twins, except for the misspelling of "your" which drives me potty. It should be "you're" as in "you are".  :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2008, 08:12:49 AM »
I like ours because they are tasteful. Most of the ones on ebay are tacky plastic things  :evillaugh:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2008, 06:43:05 AM »
Yours looks the same brand/artist as mine. All I know is our friends got it in a little shop in Sicily.

My mate got ours whilst on hols about 4 years ago touring the Amalfi Coast.

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2008, 23:57:56 PM »
it'd be a reeeeeeeealy nice sign!!!!  :sneaky:
hope i'm gettin points for persistance!!! (and not annoying you  :-: )

no such luck yet no.  but i cant seem to stop going on about him!  will come see them again soon - and probably make myself worse!!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 23:58:16 PM by hannah (weeny) »

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008, 23:52:10 PM »
(maybe a star amount lottie???   ;)   :evillaugh: )

Lol nice try! Have you still not managed to persuade your mum that Jasper really needs a little friend to cuddle  :evillaugh:
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2008, 23:29:54 PM »
make them yourselves people!!!  bit of creatively styled writing, little cat silhouette image....  perfect!!! on a tile or a bit of wood or....  we could go big on a canvas!!!  ok - how much could i sell for then???   ;D

(maybe a star amount lottie???   ;)   :evillaugh: )

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2008, 23:26:22 PM »
I love this one from ebay, if they could do this with a pic of one of my mob on it that would be so fab for their new cat house

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2008, 23:12:54 PM »
Snap Mark and Gill don't even suggest it, I love it!

Yours looks the same brand/artist as mine. All I know is our friends got it in a little shop in Sicily.

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 20:41:43 PM »
Ci sono, ci sono, there are, there are!!  Have seen them and here are a couple of other examples...

Also seen a door mat saying "attenti al gatto" with scrach mark design at Leroy Merlin (French based bricolage superstore), we may buy that one ;D

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 20:23:10 PM »
I love it Mark, would look fab on our new cat run when it's done. Wish we could get them over here.

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 20:07:47 PM »
Last time we were in Italy at Trasimeno, we were walking through the village and there were loads of long-haired beautiful cream coloured cats sitting on window ledges and steps.  They all looked really well cared for as well unlike some of the ones we saw wandering around in Venice.  One of the houses had a sign like your Mark, fastened to the wall.  I looked in the local shops, but couldn't see any.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 19:45:23 PM »
Snap Mark and Gill don't even suggest it, I love it!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 18:40:17 PM »
And if you didnt want it Mark  I am sure this years auction would be just the place for it  ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 17:55:09 PM »
I'm sure I will find somewhere for it  :shy:

I did a search to see if you can get them anywhere else but just found another (better) image http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1244170646057837835roeRXE

It is only the size of a postcard - it's a glazed tile. When the kitchen is finished, I would like to have it tiled into the splashback (I'm sure OH will protest  :tired: )

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 17:43:31 PM »
Ooh I like that! If you havent got a place for it Mark, I'm sure I could find a place here  :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Beware of the cat - Italian sign
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 17:32:09 PM »
Some friends bought us this in Sicily a few years ago. I had "mislaid" it but found it whilst having a clearout today  ;D

I will have to find somewhere to hang it now  ;D

Link to CatChat