Author Topic: Blasphemous thoughts...  (Read 7211 times)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
Re: Blasphemous thoughts...
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2007, 12:33:16 PM »
ah, yes. Active and curious cat combined with large bag of fleece - the potential is endless really  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline littleKitten_(alex)

• Senior Cat
  • Poppy the Lion
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2007, 12:21:44 PM »
what do you spin? wool, silk, dog fur?

Anything really, but don't seem to find the time recently... on the rare occasion I have some spare time, I have to make cat toys for Purrs!  :rofl:

I do collect Poppy hair, she's got really long strands that should spin up nicely. It will take a while to get enough for even the smallest of things, though. At the moment, I am hoping to get time to spin up the sack-fuls of alpaca wool I got from a friend in the summer. It's not easy to do any kind of fibre craft with Monkey and Poppy around - imagine their excitement when I open up a large bin-liner full of wool... You can see they're thinking: "SURELY this is meant for us to jump on?"  :tired:

I often get excited when people talk about doing "spinning"... then I realise they're talking about some thing you do in a gym.  :doh:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2007, 12:09:52 PM »
... so he managed to kill two birds with one pile of sick, really.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

what do you spin? wool, silk, dog fur? I had a friend who used to spin the sweepings from her afghan hound - it makes a lovely fabric, but smells a lot like wet dog when damp ...

• Senior Cat
  • Poppy the Lion
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2007, 12:06:48 PM »
Actually, carpet isn't the worst thing Monkey's been sick on. He managed to throw up on my brand new spinning wheel, days after I got it... before I'd had time to seal the wood (tried to buy ready-finished but could get hold of, so had to go for unfinished wood). Even then I couldn't possibly be annoyed with him... I just rubbed his back until he was done.

PS: The spinning wheel is in the one room with carpet, so he managed to kill two birds with one pile of sick, really.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2007, 11:42:26 AM »
It's vomit central around here today.  Got up to a bit of bile (containing a small furball) in the living room, and Jaffa has just vomited in the bedroom  :sick:  It was particularly gross as it's not too long since breakfast.  I think I need to buy some more stain remover  :innocent:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2007, 11:28:30 AM »
Oh I am so looking forward to my 1st pile of vomit from Bonnie!!  :naughty: :evillaugh: :rofl: 

I thought that by keeping her in the house at least she wouldn't be bringing me mice or birds as pressies.

Happy 2008 to you all and let's hope it's vomit free.  :hug: :Luv2:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2007, 09:45:50 AM »
most of mine love to throwup in or on anything stainable  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: Bella however is my little star as she always runs to throw up in a litter tray, how good is she  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Aww bless her!  Out of my three, it's only Meesha that's ever sick (I think), and bless her, she always goes into the kitchen to do the honours, away from all the carpets.  :Luv2:

And one of them, Meesha again, I suspect, did a wee in the bath the other night - right over the plug hole, it would seem, as no-where else was 'contaminated'.  The reason I think it was Meesh is that she is the most clever, and tries to copy,  and I guess the plug hole seemed rather similar to a loo to her!  If it was only her, I'd keep the loo seat up for her to learn to use that, but Sabby likes to stick his head in the toilet so it's not an option!  (years ago, we used to have a little grey torbie who used to do the exact same thing as Meesha - is it something about the torti strain I wonder?)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 09:47:08 AM by Catjane »

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2007, 09:42:24 AM »
Alex the preference for carpetted areas is a recognised phenomenon  :rofl: and given a choice between a loose mat and a fitted carpet theywill choose the fitted carpet. Choice between cheap nylon mat and expensive hand-woven oriental rug, you guessed it.

Actually I suspect it has more to do with wanting to feel some degree of traction under foot while their tummy is knotting up to heave ...

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2007, 08:59:13 AM »
Alfie and Frankie would love to have a Goldfish for a friend, well more of a short-term acquaintance really, very short-term actually :evillaugh:

On the subject of cats being sick etc., Suzie left me a nice present on Christmas morning on the bed and the bedroom carpet, I think it was her way of saying "I couldn't get out to the shops so I gave you a present that I made myself". I don't mind, got out the Simple Solution but it would have been nicer if she'd have wrapped them for me  ;D

The same goes for one of the boys who had been sick next to the presents under the Christmas tree, I'm sure that it's their way of giving me a gift at Christmas  ;D ;D

They never seem to be furballs, usually semi-digested dry food and very very occasionally wet food.

Cheers

Leigh
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 09:23:56 AM by LeighK »
Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

• Senior Cat
  • Poppy the Lion
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2007, 22:46:12 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: This is clearly a subject people feel strongly about!

Actually, I hadn't thought about the fact that at least it was on a wipeable floor. Thank god for small mercies, eh? We only have carpet in ONE room, and nine times out of ten, that's the room they'll choose for being sick in. Seriously! I don't understand why, they kind of have to cross the entire flat to get there... maybe they like the reduced risk of splash-back. What do I know.

It tends to only ever be Monkey who's sick, and on the rare occasion that he is, he likes me to rub his back.  :Luv: (

And hey - what's a bit of sick (or four piles of it) compared to the times Poppy's managed to get some poo stuck in her rather fluffy tail...  :sick: I LOVE her duster-style tail, but practical it is not. (Well, unless you intend to use it as a duster. But even then it's not that great - you may get rid of dust, but you'd be leaving tons of fluffy Poppy hair instead.)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2007, 22:20:32 PM »
No I saw a cat outside in London rush in and eat my cats food , rush out again , be sick and then proceed to eat it  :sick:

Offline ginge66

• Distinguished Cat
  • Nigel R.I.P, 1989-2007
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2007, 22:18:36 PM »
I don't have to clean up when my cats been sick cos he eats it afterwards :sick: I thought only dogs did this!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2007, 21:49:20 PM »
yes and you wonder what they have brought into the house now  :shify: :shify:

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2007, 21:40:59 PM »
The worst is when you tread on one in bare feet in the night  :sick:

Yeah, and its all soggy Cold and slimy, right between your toes  :sick: :sick: :sick:

:evillaugh: :evillaugh:
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2007, 21:06:10 PM »
Perhaps someone should invent some kind of furball/vomit catcher/litter tray thingy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :rofl:

Oh yes, of course we have it already, it's called a carpet!!!!!!!!!

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2007, 21:03:43 PM »
 :sick: been there, done that ...  :sick:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2007, 20:59:17 PM »
The worst is when you tread on one in bare feet in the night  :sick:

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2007, 20:51:35 PM »
Misty being of the Long Haired variety, used to regulary produce Furball's :-: which he would cunningly hide
in various parts throughout the house, sometimes I would only find them weeks/months later :-[ although I
recall one time I came home after over indulging with Beer and spirits :) that He'd Left a lovely vomity furball
for me to clean up on my return :shocked: during the process of cleaning up this gooky mess, my stomach
flipped over and I had to dash to the Lav to expell the content's of MY stomach :sick: :sick: :sick:

it's just part of the Joy's of having Furbabes for our master's :rofl: :rofl:
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2007, 20:23:10 PM »
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeee , doing this  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:..............never  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2007, 17:13:58 PM »
Gill, are you laughing at me???!!!  Control yourself girl!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :devil:

Mary

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2007, 16:42:35 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2007, 16:41:39 PM »
Bonnie is 10 but I only adopted her on 13th December so I've still got to experience her being sick I guess. She lets me brush her so hopefully not too many furballs.  However I do have the pleasure (sure that's not the right word!) of cleaning out the litter tray!!  :rofl:

My 13 yrs old Smudge who is missing, is only sick outside when eating grass and my neighbours laugh at me when I go out to clean it up.  Oh no, can I hear you all laughing at me too!  :-[ :rofl:

Mary

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2007, 16:37:37 PM »
Oh dear! This is why our whole flat is laminate-floors and lino in the bathroom... :evillaugh: Mind you, it didn't stop skye deciding to upchuck 3 times as far back under the xmas tree as possible, forcing me to crawl under there and do the clean up with my nose inches from the offending puke... :sick: :sick:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2007, 16:29:07 PM »
Only three!

My goodness one of mine can deliver a number of patches on the way to ejecting the furball and a couple more after!

Misa backs a way from where he thinks he will be sick and has a habit of then bringing up all the grass he ate before he had his dinner in various hard to get to places............sigh

You didnt think you would get any sympathy did you  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Elephant house. love that......................... :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2007, 15:13:55 PM »
Ah yes I can relate to this, both mine like to throw up on things that stain easily, Dylan is particularly good at this but Hobbes has been learning from the master and has his moments too  :rofl: Good job I love them so much  :Luv2:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2007, 14:55:43 PM »
Would you like to me take a photo of the 3 vomit stains I am currently trying to extract from my lovely cream carpets from the day before yesterday!  Oh how I would love a cat of mine to vomit on an easily cleanable surface  :rofl:

When I hear one of my cats starting to be sick I put a paper under their face....and they let me! Bless 'em! ;D

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2007, 13:27:57 PM »
Could be worse Alex, you could work in an elephant house in the zoo!!!  :evillaugh: :naughty:

What's a bit of sick between us and our little furry friends.  :Luv2:

Mary

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2007, 13:23:30 PM »
Kitchen floors I can deal with but Willow threw up sick & furball on my cream dining room carpet and on the window seat cover. Guess it's just one of those things we have to live with.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2007, 13:05:52 PM »
My Bella threw up in Bertie's cat tent last night - to say he wasn't amused is an understatement  :rofl:

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2007, 12:41:20 PM »
most of mine love to throwup in or on anything stainable  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: Bella however is my little star as she always runs to throw up in a litter tray, how good is she  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2007, 12:36:54 PM »
Would you like to me take a photo of the 3 vomit stains I am currently trying to extract from my lovely cream carpets from the day before yesterday!  Oh how I would love a cat of mine to vomit on an easily cleanable surface  :rofl:

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2007, 12:34:42 PM »
I always find that despite having a downstairs entirely floored with laminate and vinyl, if Bertie is going to be sick, he either does it on the rug or the doormat, or runs upstairs to throw up on the bedroom carpet ... he hasn't QUITE grasped the idea that laminate is a wipe-clean option for his frazzled mummy  :rofl:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 11:18:56 AM »
I have always thought fish would be a lot of work, too...

:evillaugh:

I know what Alex means, though:  I had one of those moments when Blip produced a spectacular hairball on our newly-made bed a couple of months ago  :tired:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 10:35:20 AM »
oh, and spending a saturday draining fishbowls, cleaning green scum off the glass, filtering the gravel to remove all the waste debris, scrubbing the rocks and other ornaments (while simultaneously discouraging your cats from 'fishing' in the glass bowl where the aquarium residents are temporarily lodged) and hoping the aquarium residents don't take suicidal leaps out of their temporary accommodation, while getting the countertops sopping wet and dealing with the limp black slime that was once an aquarium plant is not much fun either really ... not to mention the truly disgusting diseased fish get ... :sick:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 10:30:35 AM »
console yourself with the thought that if it is a large dog, you get to spend your saturday hunting poo in the back garden in rain and ice and long grass ...

• Senior Cat
  • Poppy the Lion
Blasphemous thoughts...
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 10:25:39 AM »
I love my cats A LOT! I love them so much that there's nothing I'm not prepared to do for them. But...

... when I get up on a Saturday morning and find that one of them has thrown up in FOUR SEPARATE PLACES on the kitchen floor, I can't help feeling a little jealous of people who have goldfish instead of cats.

Link to CatChat