Author Topic: Being made to feel foolish  (Read 3037 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Being made to feel foolish
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2009, 19:09:09 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2009, 16:11:56 PM »
I think Mogs is making sure Ive got the message shes fine.... 2 poo's on her tray today.... better wacth it though or she'll be down the vets for poo'ing too much  :rofl:
love
Tab

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2009, 16:01:19 PM »
RIP Amy...Sorry to your friends Tab!  :hug:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2009, 13:26:43 PM »
Amy sounds like a proper cat.  She is at rest now after a long happy life which is all we all want for our furry pals.  So sorry for your friends.

I remember taking Dingle RIP to vets many many years ago with a suspicious lump :-:.  Vet examined her with concern and then asked me if she had eaten recently.  I said well yes she had a pile of chicken a couple of hours before  :innocent:   :-[

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, 13:16:43 PM »
RIP Amy

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 10:20:51 AM »
My friends cat was called Amy. She was a sweetheart aged 19 when she left us. When I first met Amy I think the best description would be cat with attitude. You just never knew if that day she would let you stroke her or growl at you. I would sit on the settee and Amy would appear from wherever she'd been sleeping and glare at me for sitting on 'her' settee even though I always left 'her' cushions free  :rofl:
Shes much missed but is happily playing at the bridge with her sister Coco
love
Tab

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 20:17:22 PM »
Sorry to her about your frinds cat.....what was its name?  :hug:

Cats like making us look stupid, they get a kick out of it,,,,,,,,,,rreckon its punishment for taking them  for a health check every year  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 18:43:05 PM »
Dont get me wrong I dont want her to be ill and Im so pleased shes not I just cant beleive that she picked today of all days to change habits. This is the cat who has stood in front of me and pee'd on the floor because I had moved her tray to clean it. The fact that Ambers was still there at the side of her didnt bother her she just looked at me whilst happily peeing.
I done understand my cats even after 12 years  :Crazy:
Luckily the vets thought it highly amusing especially as it already says on Ambers file that she reflects the owners state of mind....... they must think Im crazy  :rofl:

CCC thanks for the thoughts for my friends. They're having a rough time with losing people friends as well as their cat
love
Tab

Offline Karon

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 18:12:14 PM »
Done that :D  Not with the poo, but taking a perfectly healthy cat to the vets (it's something I've done several times!) - I seem to have a run of problems with mine so get completely neurotic about them and when one sneezes I start to panic.   I took one of my yard cats to the vet this year saying he's constipated again, and it turned out to be something completely different and I was worrying about nothing.

Offline CoolCyberCats

• Adult Cat
    • CoolCyberCats
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 16:36:04 PM »
Please tell your friends that I am sorry for their loss.

Yup, cats can be real pranksters. ;)

"Cats Nap. Only Humans Put Them To Sleep." : Sterilize, Don't Euthanize!

Monthly contest with prize for winner cat: www.CoolCatPix.com

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
Being made to feel foolish
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 16:31:24 PM »
On sunday I had the sad job of taking my friends to the vets to have their elederly cat put down. After they gave me half a chicken that had been cooked to tempt Amy to eat but it hadnt worked so they were sending it for Mogs. Btween monday and tuesday Mogs ate that half chicken while Amber kept finding empty dishes (she doesnt like chicken but also doesnt like being left out). From tiesday on Mogs has been VERY vocal and every time I move shes yelling at me. At first I thought it was for chicken but then realised that she hadnt had a pooh since monday. She does sometimes go a few days because she doesnt eat much but when by this morning theres still no sign in Mogs tray off we trot to the vet. I explain all the above and that having 2 cats I have 2 trays and they NEVER swap. The vet examined Mogs and said she was empty and everything was fine. So £20 lighter I come home to find Amber having a poo on her tray. Now I know I cleared a poo off her tray this morning so I think that for the first time in 10 yrs Mogs used Ambers tray  >:(
My vets think Im crazy. Ive been down twice in the last month with Amber having stress cystitis. I get stressed she gets cystitis and now this. You can go off cats you know  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
love
Tab

Link to CatChat