Author Topic: Why are they so contrary?? Why???  (Read 2223 times)

Offline Skiddaw

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: The Munchkin and formerly to dear, departed Uncle M
Re: Why are they so contrary?? Why???
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2012, 16:50:01 PM »
 :Luv2:

Nice to know the Munchkin isn't any more contrary than anyone else anyway!

Am awaiting the next Nature's Menu delivery from Vio Vet as we speak. Let's hope the next batch is to his specifications..

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 21:12:58 PM »
My two eat any flavours (even beef and plaice!) ... Well kind of...
Dexter wolfs his down while denzel licks all the gravy stuff off hers - then dexter eats the remains!  :sick:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 18:08:43 PM »
bless all of you!! Cant imagine the stress, Twix will eat anything, literally caught him ripping open the warbutons yesterday and stealing the dogs bone from the butchers!!

Don't get too cocky - I used to pride myself on having easy to please cats who would eat anything but Jaffa has turned into the fussiest cat ever as he's got older.  His speciality is loving something one day then turning his nose up the next.  I have to buy just about everything the supermarkets sell in senior so that I can rotate them with suitable gaps between brands.  Found some felix senior in jelly lurking at the back of the cupboard on saturday and he's not had that for a while so it was the best thing ever.  Today?  I got that "are you trying to poison me?" look when I offered it.

Mosi is fairly easy to please as he would be happy to have hi life essentials turkey & giblets every day of his life.  And thankfully they have been on multibuy in asda (35p each or 4 for £1) for as long as I've been feeding them to Mosi (several years).  I am dreading them ending the offer!

Today however was the ultimate example of contrary cats.  Butchers classic which usually goes down well, esp with Jaffa.  Gave it to them both and Jaffa ate most of his.  I suspected he would soon go back to finish the rest.  Mosi ate his biccies and a few pieces of the wet then left the rest and I couldn't persuade him to eat it despite trying several tricks including hand feeding it.  5 minutes later Mosi is in the kitchen finishing off Jaffa's (which was from the same tin).  Apparently it tasted better than his  :innocent:  Jaffa then went and finished Mosi's.

They do it on purpose to keep us on our toes.

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
  • Nutty About Kitten-Cats!!
  • Slave to: Nuggie (& until recently Tazi x)...& Peanut "de Poirot"!
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 17:52:19 PM »
I find beef and plaice universally hated but dont give it all away cos they will like it again before the sell by date  :evillaugh:
Wonder what is with Beef & Plaice?? No matter the brand, its hated LOL I need more cats (  :evillaugh: ) to ensure that at least someone will eat these flavours eventually....its the right thing to do.... :innocent:  :rofl:

My newbie will only eat her food if it's mashed up - no lumpy Felix for her, oh no!

Thankfully I have a Theo who is frankly a dustbin of the most distinguished order and will eat whatever I put infront of him, so long as it's in a lofty spot such as the kitchen worktop or table. Bless, he ends up with all the coffee Revels and the green Opal Fruits  :)
bless all of you!! Cant imagine the stress, Twix will eat anything, literally caught him ripping open the warbutons yesterday and stealing the dogs bone from the butchers!!

Peanut has started with the mashed up preference - his favourite is Felix As Good As It Looks - while Nuggie does like this (for less than the amount of time it takes to finish a box) he does like his food with Jelly. Gravy is a no go as it just gets lick off and i'm left with dry meat chunks - supermeat is popular as a one off and is disgarded by the second pouch.

Peanut arrived eating anything and everything with the muster of cat half starved, with this he was the windiest, smelliest cat I've ever known  :sick:  :sick: apart from the wind, i was excited that I had at last a cat that would be the "Coffee Revel/Green Opal Fruit" Cat. Unfortunately Nuggie has shown my Little Dustbin that a little persistance, a great deal of stamina ensures only the food he wants...*sigh*

I envy you with Theo & Twix  :scared: I nearly had one, but he clocked on too quickly!!  :rofl:
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)
Sleep Tight Baby Tazi xx 04.04.98 - 20.10.11 xx

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Twix, numerous foster kittens currently have a 2 babies with out names yet!
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 13:25:19 PM »

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 11:40:38 AM »
I wish we could pool our unwanted sachets - my lot hate beef aswell - might as well be coffee flavoured Revels. But if I buy fish assortments once too often they go off these too. So far this year I've given away 10 cans of Bosita, countless packets of Felix/Whiskas pouches, a whole box of Aldi dry kibble (sent them all crazy) 4 packs of Webbox Lick-e-licks (sent in error by Sainsburys) and goodness knows what else. 

My newbie will only eat her food if it's mashed up - no lumpy Felix for her, oh no!

Thankfully I have a Theo who is frankly a dustbin of the most distinguished order and will eat whatever I put infront of him, so long as it's in a lofty spot such as the kitchen worktop or table. Bless, he ends up with all the coffee Revels and the green Opal Fruits  :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 02:48:31 AM »
I find beef and plaice universally hated but dont give it all away cos they will like it again before the sell by date  :evillaugh:

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
  • Nutty About Kitten-Cats!!
  • Slave to: Nuggie (& until recently Tazi x)...& Peanut "de Poirot"!
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 23:41:52 PM »
As it is impossible to tell before opening the sachet what the consistency will be, we have a daily Russian Roulette as to whether or not it will be one of the sachets he will deign to eat.

I part share your pain - although I am at least able to buy a full box (nearly) of what they like!!
That said there is a 'Flavour Issue' & a 'I'm Sick of This Brand Issue' in my house  :-[

I handed in 12 tins alone of food to the Rescue the day we Adopted Peanut as the Whiskers Beef & Turkey is just not to their liking. They like Whiskers Pouches but not Beef, Whitefish, Turkey is touch & go, Plaice. (These too get handed in to the Rescue) They then went off Whiskers altogether.
Then on the rotation comes in Felix - As Good As it Looks. Again Beef is a no show, Tuna is touch & go and Lamb *sigh*
Intro to IAMS Pouches and Sheba. Of the 48 pouches, the Rescue got 40.
I am now on Whiskers Oh So Meaty & Oh So Fishy...also Oh So Expensive. Sardine is their reject thus far.

I cant buy own brands (Although Peanut has not been introduced to these yet) especially Tesco's own. I get the "Wha-Der-Fer is That??" look, with the added "This is a joke, right?  :evillaugh: "

At least the Rescue is pleased  :rofl:  :rofl:
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)
Sleep Tight Baby Tazi xx 04.04.98 - 20.10.11 xx

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 17:04:06 PM »
As it is impossible to tell before opening the sachet what the consistency will be, we have a daily Russian Roulette

:evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline Skiddaw

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: The Munchkin and formerly to dear, departed Uncle M
Why are they so contrary?? Why???
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 15:48:29 PM »
...sigh.... :censored:

The Munchkin will eat only one wet cat food- Green Nature's Menu. However, he won't eat the 'softy wettie' sachets (they're too soft and mulchy and he doesn't like them) and he won't eat the 'dark with runny gravy' sachets (they're too hard and the gravy is too runny and he doesn't like them either). He will only eat the 'just right' ones (firm but not too firm, with 'meat jelly' gravy). As it is impossible to tell before opening the sachet what the consistency will be, we have a daily Russian Roulette as to whether or not it will be one of the sachets he will deign to eat. If it isn't, he won't go near it for love nor money.

Honestly- it's like living with the Three Bears!!

Link to CatChat