Author Topic: FIV SUCCESS STORY  (Read 5172 times)

Offline LittleLijah

• Senior Cat
Re: FIV SUCCESS STORY
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 20:26:17 PM »
That's a lovely story...good on them for taking on an FIV kitty. Need more like them out there!

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 17:09:12 PM »
Wonderful story, fingers crossed it helps.
Please spay your cat

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 16:45:15 PM »
That's lovely Ela. Will keep fingers crossed it manages to find a few FIV kitties nice new homes.

Offline clarenmax

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 13:40:15 PM »
Fabulous, defo a success story for the newsletter methings  ;D ;D

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
FIV SUCCESS STORY
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 12:34:26 PM »
Today I received the following and asked if I would like to put in in our next Newsletter, After you have read it I am sure you will know the answer.

After the death of our previous cat my daughter had asked and asked for another cat, after about a year agreed and had decided to look for a rescue cat. In September 2006 we saw an advisement in the local paper featuring Cats Protection with colour photos of cats in need of a home. Alex, now almost six, immediately spotted "Pie' a lovely ginger cat with an adorable green eyes. Alex decided he was the one for her. Pie was an FIV cat who desperately needed a good home. My initial concerns regarding FIV were soon dealt with when Elaine explained that neither us nor any visitors to our home were at risk. A week later Pie, know called Jasper, came home with us. He was such a friendly chap who loved attention. Alex quickly found a new best friend in Jasper and he soon settled in liked he'd lived with us for years.
12 months have now passed and Jasper is happy and healthy and a much loved member of our family.
We visit Carrick Vets on Newbold Road at the earliest sign of any health problems and their help and advice has been very much appreciated. Jasper is in excellent health and there is no reason why he can't live to a ripe old age.
I would encourage anyone who is looking for an indoor cat to consider an FIV cat. There is nothing to lose and an awful lot to gain.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Link to CatChat