Author Topic: Convenia - contra indications  (Read 2719 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Convenia - contra indications
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 16:16:37 PM »
She hasn't been tested for CRF but she is a poorly 8 - 10 year old. She had a convenia jab recently - he did check the date of her last one and he is planning to give her another one in 2 weeks. I hope it wasn't the jab that upset her.

I will have a word with Sharon when she gets back. I don't want to tell the vet how to do his job as they are very good ie don't charge for boarding etc so don't want to upset them - they are also the only 24hr vet in the area except vets now.

http://www.catchat.org/cantcp/cgibin/prview.cgi?id=2007101901
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 16:25:37 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Re: Convenia - contra indications
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 14:43:21 PM »
I took a cat in today and she was given a Convenia jab. I craftily asked the vet if that is the one you can't give cats with CRF - He said "No" - The cat in question hopefully hasn't got and kidney problems but shouldn't this vet be aware of things like that?

Certainly should!  >:( From NOah compendium 'The safety of Convenia has not been assessed in animals suffering from severe renal dysfunction' -  I take that to mean if kidney function hasnt been assessed then it shouldnt be used because they have no way of knowing what the effect might be.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Convenia - contra indications
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 14:16:16 PM »
I took a cat in today and she was given a Convenia jab. I craftily asked the vet if that is the one you can't give cats with CRF - He said "No" - The cat in question hopefully hasn't got and kidney problems but shouldn't this vet be aware of things like that?
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat