Author Topic: Advice please about Imogen - extremely watery eyes  (Read 1300 times)

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
Re: Advice please about Imogen - extremely watery eyes
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 19:09:11 PM »
My sister's Pippa had one very watery eye on Friday, and some discharge. Vet visit on Saturday said conjunctivitis. 

Not sure if cats have the same feeling as we do when we get it, but if they do I am sure that a vet visit and ointment may alieviate any discomfort.

I can't say for sure, Lexy has never experienced this so I can't be sure that is what it is, but may be worth a vet visit.

In the meantime use some cotton wool, dipped in boiled water (cooled) and gently wipe the eyes, making sure you use clean cotton wool with each swipe so you don't contaminate the other eye.

Also, wash your own hands thoroughly after.

I hope its something relatively simple, but if you aren't sure get the vet to take a look.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Re: Advice please about Imogen - extremely watery eyes
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 09:49:10 AM »
I do not know myself but I am bumping your query up, Lilycat. I will see if I can add a bit to the subject line for you too.

Edited to add: yes, that worked and I hope it elicits some useful replies for you  :hug:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 09:51:53 AM by Christine (Blip) »
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline lilycat

• Senior Cat
  • Lilycat
Advice please about Imogen - extremely watery eyes
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 22:29:50 PM »
Today, I put Imogen's dinner down next to her and as she got up [out of bed] I noticed that both her eyes started to water - but not as you would expect because it looked as if she was actually crying. Now I know that she wasn't but that was the effect...'tears' running from her eyes - big teardrops.

She has cardio myopathy and is taking Fortekor and I wondered if either her condition or the medication may have caused the "tears". I've never seen anything like it in any of my cats before, and I was just a bit worried.

Any advice or suggestions? Oh, it didn't continue for long and hasn't re-ocurred...it was REALLY strange though  :scared:   
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 09:50:44 AM by Christine (Blip) »

Link to CatChat