Author Topic: Hills g/d cat food?  (Read 1600 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: Hills g/d cat food?
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 07:34:38 AM »
Oh I wouldn't touch the dry!

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Re: Hills g/d cat food?
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 23:51:01 PM »
Don't know, but wouldnt touch it with a bargepole - have you seen the ingredients list of the dry? hmmm, is there any actual meat in it?  ;)

Maize gluten meal, ground maize, ground rice, animal fat, chicken and turkey meal, soybean mill run.........etc etc, what the hec is soybean mill run?!!

at leas the wet does contain meat I suppose.....

Water, Turkey, Pork Liver, Corn Flour, Barley, etc

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Hills g/d cat food?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 17:36:29 PM »
Anyone heard of/familiar with Hills g/d?  I had no idea such thing existed until I stumbled upon a reference to it.  It seems g/d is for early stage crf - sounds a bit like the new royal canin ageing 12+ food which seems to be somewhere between an ordinary senior food and a renal food.  However, googling it has confused me even further - the dry food says it is for early stage kidney disorders. 

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=877&pf_id=50504

But the canned food implies it's more for cardiac health, although it does mention kidneys too

http://www.hillspet.com/products/pd-feline-gd-feline-early-cardiac-healthy-aging-canned.html

Is it the same food?  Anyone know anything about it or tried it?  It sounds a bit like the sort of thing I'm looking for for Jaffa who has had slightly elevated kidney values and is now 14, but hasn't been diagnosed with crf.  He has mostly senior cat food plus some all life stages foods like bozita.  He likes the royal canin ageing 12+ pouches.  I'm aiming to feed him foods that help to support older cats, including easing the burden on the kidneys, without being a specific crf food.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 17:37:34 PM by Susanne (urbantigers) »

Link to CatChat