Author Topic: Moving to a smaller apartment with a resident dog (small and old and friendly..)  (Read 1344 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Sorry I dont do dogs and have not a clue but hope your move goes well  :hug: :hug:

Den maybe the one to advise cos she knows lots bout dogs

Offline DolceNGabanna

• Adult Cat
Also there is

My new small home--- garden--- landlord's home

So if needed I can shut the doors to the landlord's and just let the cats be there, without the dog.
But it would be great if they could be around the garden together.

The dog seems sweet enough but I have never had dogs. Also it uses the garden as restroom. Not sure if I should let my cats use the garden too, or just keep with the litterbox and keep the cats inside....

Offline DolceNGabanna

• Adult Cat
Hi great people at Purrs,

Dolce N Gabanna keep being the best of friends and we usually sleep hugging each other or using each other as pillows.

Thanks to your great advice their diet is a little bit better including: Royal canine/Diamond dry food, fish cooked for human consumption, chicken wings and whiskas wet food. Dolce is more picky and only eats dry food, I actually put a little bit of everything in their "cat buffet" and she prefers Diamond.

Gabanna would eat the whole fridge and eats everything, lol.

Now to my question- I have to move to a smaller apartment.
I am already wondering how to make this transition smoother. :(

The good news is that there is a small garden so I hope I can get them to play some time.

The bad news is that in this home there's already a 16-year old dog, a french poodle. It is very small. The owner hopes he can be friends with my cats. Does anyone know a link as to how to introduce them?

Many thanks.

Link to CatChat