Author Topic: fleas  (Read 1228 times)

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
Re: fleas
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 08:18:17 AM »
Id pop into your vets for a kitten worming tablet and some houseflea spray- the johnsons and/or bob martin stuff is rubbish with the exception of the 4fleas tablets which are the same ingredients as capstar. they just dont kill the little butter. R.I.P. fleas,indorex etc although more expensive per can, last longer and actually do kill fleas :wooooo: are your other cats treated for fleas? do they go out?

Vacuming and washing bedding is deffinitely a good plan. As far as i know a hot wash kills the beasties
ive not heard of lemons having any afect on fleas. i cant imagine how they would?

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: fleas
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 07:59:44 AM »
Please get some proper flea treatment such as Frontline - what was the flea tablet? You should also have kept the kitten separate from your others, not just because of the fleas but to make sure there wasn't anything else - they will also all need worming, as they will likely have tapeworm due to the fleas.
Please spay your cat

Offline lillylau

• Senior Cat
fleas
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 22:57:54 PM »
 :-[ I hope you can help I have just got a kitten and i noticed before i got him home that he had fleas, so I went straight upstairs to the bathroom with the kitten still in the cat carry I used a nit comb on him pulled out all the dirt then defleaed him there was 20 fleas all dead or dieing the i dried him and gave him a flea tablet then let him down stairs to be with my other cats who did not have fleas, and i hope still havnt, today one day after I have bleached and vacumed my whole house paying alot of attention to the bathroom and the cats room i empyed the vacume then i sprayed the house with johnson house flea spray and washed the cats beds, with not having fleas before and doing what i have done do you think i have got rid of them i have thrown out all blankets and towels used on the kitten. I am going to get some lemons tomorrow and make my own flea spray for the animals, advice please  :scared:

Link to CatChat