Author Topic: Green Poo  (Read 1237 times)

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
Re: Green Poo
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 18:23:20 PM »
Bright green like the sick icon?  I do hope whatever is ailing her can be swiftly sorted  :hug:  I shall be interested to hear the vet's diagnosis.
Thanks, it wasn't quite like the sick icon, but a lime-green kind of colour.  Revolting, anyway!

The vet says she isn't constipated, so she must have had a sneaky garden poo at some point - hasn't got any blockages so vet suspects colitis which is causing her to strain and which would account for her strangely coloured poo (too much bile being mixed in...).

She did have a fussy few days at the start of the week when she was only eating biscuit and refusing wet food (even fish!), so missed out on her usual Peridale stool bulking stuff, which may have caused it to flare up.  She has some Katalax to help things along, and has to have some extra Peridale for a few days.  If it doesn't clear she'll have to go back in.

She is an absolute poppet, before we went to the vet she let us wash her trousers using the shower spray and hardly even wriggled.  She seems happy enough at the moment and has just eaten a good portion of food...

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Re: Green Poo
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 16:21:10 PM »
Today she's been straining but nothing coming through except a few drops of poo and mucuous.  Fifteen minutes ago she produced a small bright green poo  :sick:

Bright green like the sick icon?  I do hope whatever is ailing her can be swiftly sorted  :hug:  I shall be interested to hear the vet's diagnosis.

Meanwhile :hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
Green Poo
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 16:17:53 PM »
Sorry for the high poo content...

Came home yesterday to find that Dinah's hairy trousers were a bit of a mess, and there were some dribbles of poo in the tray.  Today she's been straining but nothing coming through except a few drops of poo and mucuous.  Fifteen minutes ago she produced a small bright green poo  :sick:

Think she's very constipated (no proper poo since Wednesday) so she is off to the vet in a minute - thankfully they are open until 5 on Saturday.

Typically she went for kidney blood tests on Thursday and the vet gave her a thorough once over and said how well she was doing :innocent:

Link to CatChat