Author Topic: One cat wants to play fight, other doesn't.  (Read 1567 times)

Offline Sheli_80

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to Henry and Charley
Re: One cat wants to play fight, other doesn't.
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 14:22:45 PM »
I had to fight to get henry (OH though 2 cats too much lol) but will try to play more and keep running interference when I can.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: One cat wants to play fight, other doesn't.
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 11:32:51 AM »
You could try playing more with Charley, but other than that, I dont think there is anything else you can do, unless you could adopt a third cat more Charley's age to keep him occupied.
Please spay your cat

Offline Sheli_80

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to Henry and Charley
One cat wants to play fight, other doesn't.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 11:20:54 AM »
I currently have 2 cats, one is 14 years old, the other 4. My 4 year old was intially shy of Henry (14yr old) but now is much more comfortable which has lead to him trying to play with his big brother. Henry hates it and runs away hissing but it never puts Charley off(Charley is 4 yr old)
He goes to great lengths to try and play, he will sit by the litter tray Henry prefers, sit by his food, water bowl etc waiting for the chance to pounce. I even caught him taking a flying leap at his chair, bounce on Henry and jump over other side.

So far whenever I catch Charley in prowl mode I run interference with a wand toy and try to play him with lots in the morning when he is most hyper. I'd like to know if there is anything more I could do to help my older cat get some peace. Henry has a hernia so getting pounced can't be very pleasant if the sore bits get caught.

Thanks in advance
xxx

Link to CatChat