Author Topic: Introducing a deaf kitten to a multi cat household?  (Read 1317 times)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
Re: Introducing a deaf kitten to a multi cat household?
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 18:51:04 PM »
Tonks are pretty smart and if they realise what is going on, they will quite possibly take special care of the new addition - the first few weeks will be a little torrid though  ;D

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Introducing a deaf kitten to a multi cat household?
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 18:44:59 PM »
Am sorry but dont know anything about Tonks and their purrrrrsonalitys but would have thought that if the intro was dome well and as you arethere all the time it should be OK.

Arent Rexs a bit lively too?

Offline @Cat

• Kitten
  • Nose, @, Iris
Introducing a deaf kitten to a multi cat household?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 18:33:39 PM »
Hi,
I'm planning on getting a kitten, I already have two 18 month old tonkinese cats.
I rang a breeder of Devon Rex cats today. There is a kitten available but they believe that she is deaf and will take her to get checked out next week.
The fact that she's deaf, whilst very sad, doesn't put me off as she would have an loving home here and I'd be with her all day, every day so would be able to devote alot of time to her and hopefully we'd get to understand each other well.
What I'm wondering though is if it'd be suitable to bring her into a home with two Tonkinese cats?
I worry that they'd frighten her if in their playfulness, they kept making her jump?
I'd love to take this little cat in if we bonded on meeting but only if I can offer her a suitable home.
I'd appreciate your thoughts, thankyou. :)

Link to CatChat