Author Topic: Stress stress stresssssssssssssssssssssssssssss  (Read 1408 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Stress stress stresssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2007, 20:05:24 PM »
Oh yes I have and all the other cats trip in and out of it but not madam. She will have a sniff of the outside and then register that its a thing that may catch her grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 19:36:14 PM »
have you tried leaving the open cage in the room all the time, with perhaps the odd catnip treat in it so that she comes to associate it with hippy trippy times, rather than vet trippy times ............

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 19:27:09 PM »
Thanks Milly  :rofl: :rofl:

She is wise that Sasa and i cant get closer than 3 feet, so I guess its gonna be barracades again with the only place to run being into the cage.

However she has stolen the tent tonight and Ducha has stolen the computer chair and poor Misa is looking all dejected lying on the floor under the window.

Now if Sasa loves that tent enough and I can walk past it without her getting out, she never sleeps only catnaps grrrrrrrrr, then the cage at the front of the tent would be ideal. Only sad thing is that she would never go in the tent again, just like she wont let me stroke her and she wont go on the stairs. Its like abusing what little trust she gives me and also her special places she likes to be  :(

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 16:43:05 PM »
Im not sure she would fit but theres a basket called 'nurses best friend' and it has a slide out bottom and you put the basket over the top of them. Thats if you can get near her!  :Crazy:

Or a trap, would only trick her the once tho  :evillaugh:

Or remove all breakables from one room, lure her in and not give up until you have her!

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 23:35:50 PM »
What a day Gill..sorry it's been rotten, bet you've got headache. Funny bout claiming tent though..

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 21:55:39 PM »
The truth is I havent a clue how to catch Sasa this year cos she has been wary of me since last year..........she just doesnt forget.

So if anyone has any brain waves how to catch her , I am interested  ;D

Yes I reckon you know exactly Rosella  :hug:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 21:41:42 PM »
I was about to ask how you got Sasa to the vet Gill......

My nice neighbours erect a gazebo for their cats every year and until this year (when Zimmy the neglected neighbours cat took over) they loved it to bits.  Tents is fab, fab, fab

Hope you feeling little less stressed at the mo but believe me I knows how ya feel Gill.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 21:37:23 PM »
Sorry you're having a crummy day, Gill  :hug:

I have to laugh about the tent though.  Mosi was so possesive of his when he got it and wouldn't let Jaffa in it.  If he noticed Jaffa near it he'd come running over to shoo him away.  It's still very much Mosi's tent but he will allow Jaffa in it now so world war 3 has been averted.  I don't know what it is about this tent but they all seem to love it, don't they?  Mosi's had his for some time now, but he's still obsessed about it and spends some time every day diving under it and moving it around the room  :rofl:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 21:08:41 PM »
Yes thank you the vet visit went Ok except for Misa crying all the way there and some of way back and being £90 lighter!

Misa has lost a bit of weight so that was good but Sasa is hiding from me cos she hasnt been yet and disappeared at the first site of a carrier and is still staying even further way than normal.........sigh.

We do not give cats credit enough for their intelligence and their memeory  ;D

At the moment there is not one whisker of interest in the tent  :shify: :shify:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 20:57:06 PM »
Sorry you're having a bad day, and with it being Kocka's anniversary too, hope the vet visit went ok in the end.  :hug:

Sounds like it'll be 'tears before bedtime' with the pusscats and the tent!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Stress stress stresssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 14:48:09 PM »
Oh what a day.

I admit that I get stressed very easily and when its a number of things they pile up even when some of the things should be good.

The weather, oh course the weather and feel so sad seeing all those poor people under water and about to lose fresh water too.

Kockas Anniversary is always sad.

The vet visit for 3 grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, why did i pick today snd its not till 1645, was hoping we would have some nice weather before grrrrrrrrrr.

I dont know what the garage did to my car, nothing in most problems but the leak into the car pocket is worse worse worse  >:( >:(

And the hell the electricty has just started flickering.................................

The last thing should be good but becoming stressful cos of everything else and of course its not going to plan................THE TENT, ones arrived this morning and thank you so much Sue cos yes it is loved but I have four cats and Misa found it first and now he thinks its his tent. (Will put pics on the tent thread.)

He was lying inside and Sasa comes in and pokes her head in and got swiped, his girl friend!! So she trunddles out and comes and sulks on her sofa.

Then the birmans get up and come downstairs, just to check that everythings as they left it. Unusually Ducha was up first and he found the tent, which was empty but my camera was on the otherside of the room. he was in Tent and I walked pst to get camera and he was out very quick grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. A few mins later he was back and sniffing around the front of tent and half inside when Misa who was hiding behind started swiping the outside. Ducha was scared and got out and then he went to see what was causing tent to move. Misa saw him coming and quickly rushed around to the front and got back in the tent......................Its mine punk!!

Exit Ducha stage left.

Then in comes Franta.................Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh a tent how nice.................................but then he realized that Misa was inside guarding it so poor Franta sat outside and looked sad.

Cos I have come into study so has Misa and just been to check and Franta is in the tent and when I came back Misa has stolen my compuer chair. He growled at me when I sat down which wasnt very nice of him and then in a sulk went back to HIS tent but Franta is in it and Misa is lying behind it. Of course there is a peep hole at back where Misa can watch and cos Misa stuck his cute nose in the front Franta is quite worried and instead of lounging like he was, he is now sitting up on guard duty  :shify: :shify: :shify: :shify:

Why do I think this tent is gonna cause fur to fly. I do not have the space or the pennies for 4 tents and suspect this is a passing fancy anyway but do not want to have to make more vet trips!!

So what is it about this magic tent that they all love so much?

Way back when in the hot summer around 1999ish it was too hot to sleep in the house and I put a tent up in my garden and slept there with Kocka, she thought sleeping in a tent was just great. We used it for about 5 days and the weather broke with a torential storm very early in the morning at which point it was far too wet to go from tent to house but I expected Kocka to make a dash for the catflap cos she hated one drop of water on her fur and I thought when she heard the rain on the tent she would think it was coming in.. But no she stayed in the tent until it stopped.

Obviously tents are just what cats love but wonder why they like them more than say an igloo bed, could be more space I suppose?

Just been back to check tent situation and Franta has gone but Misa is lying behind watching for intruders!!

Link to CatChat