Author Topic: Sorry having a moan :(  (Read 1918 times)

Offline KittyB

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Rusalka, Orpheus, Tosca and Carmen
Re: Sorry having a moan :(
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2012, 22:30:53 PM »
I'm afraid he wouldn't get in my door! mil or not,he needs training,or rather i reckon his humans need some? He certainly needs to learn to respect cats.Sorry to be so blunt,but i prefer to be honest.

Thats exactly how I feel :) Anyway! He is here now. We don't have a crate and sadly don't know anyone with one. Also Tucker hasn't been crate trained and I think he'd go nuts if we shut him in one. 

Keeping him out on a lead is a good idea. We've also made the kitchen a comfy place for him where he can play leash free. Even though he had a good wee on the floor of the kitchen earlier   :doh:!

Ooh and I can imagine Carmen would be more than happy to assist in dog training   :naughty:
Kitty x x x

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2012, 15:24:01 PM »
When is he being 'done' - could you get it sorted while they are away - that would be at least one day he is out of the way at the vets  :rofl:

That thought occurred to me as well  ;)

What a horrid, nasty little fella Tucker looks  :naughty:  :rofl:  He is of course the cutest little bundle; a gorgeous little man  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: 

Pointless me giving advice as the only dog that has ever stayed here was the adorable Tessa who our cat Gandolf (about 1/5th her size) trapped on the stairs for an hour until we realised she was missing  :shify:  Tucker may well learn to respect cats by the end of the week if he gets a few cat clouts.  I'm sure you'll do all in your power to ensure the cats safety but spare a thought for poor Tucker too  :hug:

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 15:11:07 PM »
I'm afraid he wouldn't get in my door! mil or not,he needs training,or rather i reckon his humans need some? He certainly needs to learn to respect cats.Sorry to be so blunt,but i prefer to be honest.

Offline lornab

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Monty and Moses.
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 14:59:17 PM »
I used to be a big doggy lover before I was assimilated by felines (I had a German Shepherd for 14 years)........... however I would also try to borrow a crate for the dog, in fact I think I would be tempted to book him into the kennels for the week :evillaugh:
My bother turned up on our doorstep once without telling me he had his daughter's dog with him, it just charged into our house and chased our 20 year old cat, I just managed to grab the cat before the dog got her but she bit me in the process and I ended up on antibiotics as it was a really deep bite into the back of my hand.
When is he being 'done' - could you get it sorted while they are away - that would be at least one day he is out of the way at the vets  :rofl: with a bit of luck he will be less energetic for a few days afterwards if he is sore :evillaugh:
Please join the Purrs save a life draw - £2 a month is all it takes!
Help the rescues to help the cats in their care plus the chance to win £££ 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,38217.0.html

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 14:34:11 PM »
I would get a crate and use it, we have 3 in our lounge and they are the dogs haven they also have large dog beds to but those are usually occupied by the cats

Jack russells need a lot of exercise and games to keep them distracted having had one for 16 years she knew all the tricks but was kept busy when we got Sky and Sunny Border Collies and ruled the boys with a paw of iron

Also keep dog on a lead when the cats are in the same room that way you control the dog - also training is easy you need treats and set ground rules having bought in 3 puppies in the last 5 years ensuring boundaries are set the cats grow to love the dogs ours have and on cold nights ferals cuddle up to the dogs and our puppy Mist has his own 6 former feral kittens all close to him in age and they adore him but he did get several full sets of claws inpaled in his nose as did Sky and Sunny till they learned to play nice :shocked:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline KittyB

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 12:31:29 PM »
Oops did I say awful? I ment awfull cute  ;D.

I think thats it he hasn't been trained properly. Unfortunatly though I havn't got a clue how to train dogs. I guess I'll just be firm with him and not stand for messing about :)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 12:33:35 PM by KittyB »
Kitty x x x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 12:20:22 PM »
Tucker looks rather cute there and sounds like they havent socialized him properly or taken him to behavior classes.

Dogs will just run wild unless taught different and I know that Jack Russels are a rreal pain unless trained.

Moan away, thats what we are here for and hope that maybe you will be able to at least train him not to chase cats and not to bark constantly..............afraid I dont like your MIL  :innocent:

Offline KittyB

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 12:06:00 PM »
Oh my  I just realised I was feeling so annoyed that I just refered to him as the dog  :rofl: he is called Tucker.
This is him when he was a baby at about 12 weeks with my husband lol.

Isn't he awful?  :rofl: He's about a year old now and so much bigger than that but still as awful  :rofl:.

Kitty x x x

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 11:37:54 AM »
Aaaww  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:  What a fabulous daughter in law you are   :wow:

He wouldn't get near our house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I've even made it plain to my brother that his 5 year old son  :-[ is persona non grata until he learns to calm down.

Have you got a dog crate and a proper harness to control him  :shify:

Excellent that you are getting the little tyke neutered though.  Well done you and very much hope it calms him down.  Does he have a name  :shify:

Welcome back  :)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 11:38:15 AM by Rosella moggy »

Offline KittyB

• Adult Cat
Sorry having a moan :(
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 11:01:43 AM »
I know I've not posted in a while and its a little rude to rant but..

This weekend my mother in law is bringing her dog over for a week whilst they go on holiday. Its a jack russel type and likes to chase cats. :doh:. I shouldn't complain she will come and check on the cats when we go on holiday in July. He's just boistourous and a lot of hard work. I do like walking him though on a morning. Gets me out of the house for a few hours BUT we have four cats.

Also feeling a little annoyed about the fact that we are paying for his castrating. This is kinda silly seeing as I was the one who offered to pay for it. I did pursuade her into doing it. He bit my mother-in-laws partner and they wanted to take the dog to the RSPCA so I offered to get him castrated first to see if he calms down - he is very boistourous. But I'm feeling a bit annoyed because Rusalka was supposed to get spayed the other week and we can't afford to do both so I've put the dog first. And it isn't even my dog.

I just felt like a moan. I don't mind really I suppose it's just it's a dog! and it chases cats! And it poos in the house! and its one whole week! and Rusalka and Orpheus Tosca and Carmen won't like it! lol  :innocent:
Kitty x x x

Link to CatChat