Author Topic: I do love my mum but..........  (Read 2699 times)

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Chelsea (March 1994 ~ March 2012 - Rest in peace my darling), Luna and Cleo plus Simba the Ginga
Re: I do love my mum but..........
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2012, 13:15:02 PM »
 :hug:
Lilli I can certainly sympathise. I could go into depth but suffice to say that since I told her to mind her own business when she kept asking what the final vet bill was for my Chelsea and telling me that I shouldn't have listened to the vets advice to give the operation a go but had her pts, we've not spoken.

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2012, 12:46:57 PM »

There are lots of things about getting older that I am looking forward to... finally giving up on dying my hair, wearing big blobs of bright pink blusher, colouring in my eyebrows, wearing clashing clothing, talking and singing to myself while walking along........and having people looking at me and thinking "bless, daft old bat"... if I did it now I'd get sectioned I expect but you can get away with it when you're older.

Can't wait.

X

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
  • Nutty About Kitten-Cats!!
  • Slave to: Nuggie (& until recently Tazi x)...& Peanut "de Poirot"!
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2012, 01:56:11 AM »
i cant wait for my later years - when i CAN say whatever i want, whenever or to whom ever, whether i mean it or feeling hormonally vindictive for the day!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

it is the one thing we get to look forward to!  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
(not so great if ur on the receiving end though!)

My friends Nan said to my (37yr old) Brother... "Are you married?" and he replied he wasnt and she said loudly but in a half mumble "hmmm, I can see exactly why".......  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Me and my friends laughed for about 3 weeks and i think someones drink escaped through their nose  :rofl: :rofl:
...oh yes....me? I have a list....mwahahaha  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)
Sleep Tight Baby Tazi xx 04.04.98 - 20.10.11 xx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2012, 00:53:20 AM »
I am sure you will Peggy  :hug: :hug:

Offline Peggy C

• Distinguished Cat
  • Oscar
  • Slave to: Oscar
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2012, 00:34:50 AM »
Thank tou for being so understanding   I love being part of Purrs and hope that I can help sometimes with cat problems   
Peggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2012, 23:47:23 PM »
I was going to mention which birthday you were having Peggy but thought I better not  ;) . As far as I know you are the oldest Purrs member and I think its wonderful you are here with your beautiful cat.

I did a survey last year I think.

I am also one of the oldest members, so many kiddies here LOL but our ages dont matter and we are all part of a big cat club family and each of us knows things that others dont so  we  can help each other.

I often feel that people who are younger are just catching up  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2012, 19:00:14 PM »
Oh Peggy   :hug: :hug: :hug:

Me ma is almost 90 and wish she was computer savvy enough to join Purrs.  I do so hope you realise, the older you are, the more experience you are likely to be able to share.

My mom in law passed away in 2006.  Very bad month as lost 3 relatives that month ........... and then Aslan our beautiful furry lad was killed in an RTA.  Hubby sort of held it together over his mom but went ballistic over Aslan.   

A story had circulated for years in hubby's family about the difference in his mom's reaction to the loss of her father and her much loved Jack Russell "Whiskey".  I think perhaps sometimes we feel more comfortable in our society to show emotion over a much loved pet rather than other humans  :hug:

Offline Peggy C

• Distinguished Cat
  • Oscar
  • Slave to: Oscar
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2012, 17:34:05 PM »
I am not sure if I should add to this thread as I had my 81st birthday last week  I did think of mentioning it when I thanked you all for your giood wishes!  I do wonder if I am your eldest member   My friends tell me that I am still in complete possession of my senses  As all my friends are cat slaves too we can all be slightly mad together.  I have memories of so many loved cats all special in their own way and still have lots of love and cuddles left for Oscar.
Sadly my husband and I had no children and I lost him many years ago now  One thing I must add  My husband died in January 1992 and eveyone said that I coped very well  Then in September my little Scrap had to be pts and I cried for days  I felt as though everything had gone  Only a cat lover wopuld undestand
Sorry for gpoing on a bit
Peggy

Offline KittyB

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Rusalka, Orpheus, Tosca and Carmen
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2012, 12:55:28 PM »
Is it wrong of me to think that she and her tena lady things are in no position to speak of getting rid of a piddler?
Aaaaaaaaargh.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I remember my mums reaction to when we got Orpheus and Rusalka last year. But you've alredy got 2 cats why do you need another 2. Don't you think you've got enough cats. Arh it drove me mad but I just had to say mother I love you but I'm a happy married grown woman and if I wish to fill my house with cats so be it. Then she said I shouldnt be forcing hubby to live with all these cats it isn't fair. I gently explained he wasn't being forced but had agreed to take on Rusalka and Orpheus. I don't know what she thinks I am sometimes  :rofl: I guess she still sometimes sees me as and always will sometimes see me as her little girl  ;D
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 12:56:46 PM by KittyB »
Kitty x x x

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 15:11:33 PM »
I think all people are at least slightly bonkers in someway and sometimes people just say stuff without genuinely thinking :hug:

Well said Jo  :) 

My mom is 90 this year and has drifted in and out of fully understanding conversations for donkeys years now.  I'm sure I thought she was losing it in her fifties   :innocent:  There's been a number of occasions when we have had differences of opinion and, have to say, she wasn't enthusiastic when she heard our furry numbers has increased to the current level  :shify:  However, thank heavens I inherited every last drop of crazy cat lady behaviour from her so she is now on board and accepting.  She stayed for last 3 nights and continually harped on about how beautiful the furries are which is lovely.  She left me with a big hug and a "we're best of friends comment" which was lovely but............. next visit could easily be completely different  :shify: :shify:

The amusing thing is she went for a "wee lie down" today and Teddy went in beside her. Then I got called to say "look who's keeping me company"

:) :) :)  Moms are great and to be treasured ....... even the piddly ones  :evillaugh:

Hope you find a way to teach Teddy to use a tray ........... so time consuming having to clean up all the time  :hug:

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 12:42:16 PM »

Hi very mad Lilli,

Mums always have to voice their opinions especially when they are not called for..... you don't "get rid" of a cat just because it wets itself, if it wets itself there's a good reason for it. 

I'm always falling out with mine over animals, found out she has arranged to pave the whole of the front garden which has annoyed me as it is a lovely haven for hedgehogs.... but apparently its getting "too much" for her, whereas still working a 36 hour week aged 74 clearly isn't too much for her....

No more Easter invites for your Mum then I take it!

Hope you sort Ted out though cos is much nicer when they don't wee everywhere, there is bound to be a reason.... I expect you have tried multiple litter trays and Feliway?
.. how old is he?

Jo

« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 19:57:10 PM by jo.austin2010 »

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 11:04:39 AM »
Sympathies! You got 'em  :hug:

My Mum's been harping on about my weight for 40 years.  >:( Doesn't seem to think it's likely her harping on about diets from the age of 7 that made me obsessive about food as a child.

Like the man said, you can choose your friends...

If Teddy is suffering from stress my vet once prescribed Buspirone for Beau who was piddling inappropriately (on everything foreign and domestic - he even pee'd on me once!)

It worked a treat, little blue pills you can pop in a treat, they're actually a mild anti-depressant but they worked for us and Beau now (usually) pee's in his tray (unless there's any Valerian toys left lying around  :-[ )

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 08:54:53 AM »
My Dad is always saying that we should get rid of Wordy because he is costing us money, he only says it to wind me up, but yesterday I told him I get more love and affection off of My cats than I ever have off if him, so maybe I should get rid of him(my dad)!!

I wouldn't part with any of my cats, they are perfect to me, and I love them dearly.

I think its a control thing with some parents, because they no longer have any genuine control over what we do with our lives.

Nicky

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 00:16:46 AM »
oh lilli...i think sometimes you have to grin and bear it when they are that age :hug
my moms a lot younger but lives in her own world totally, ive just had my hip replaced and she arrived unexpected on sunday and asked if i wanted to come up the hills on an easter egg hunt, she did same before the op asking if i want to go on a walk etc or she would call up saying have you been out anywhere nice ....she has no concept that i may be slightly limited  :brick:
i had just told her that i had to go to shop day before and that had been too much so was in pain(sat with leg on stool could have given her a clue but it all floats over her head :scared:
mother is a total hyperchondriac who lives at doctors yet oddly has never been ill more than a cold in her life..it is alien to her that anyone else may be genuinely in pain :innocent:.
I think all people are at least slightly bonkers in someway and sometimes people just say stuff without genuinely thinking :hug:

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
  • Lady Marmalade of the fluffy trousers
    • Cruelty Free, Vegan Skincare Freshly Made in the UK
  • Slave to: Marmalade, Teddy, Crystal, Marco (Thug 1) and Polo (Thug 2)
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 23:44:27 PM »
The amusing thing is she went for a "wee lie down" today and Teddy went in beside her. Then I got called to say "look who's keeping me company" .
RIP beautiful Lilli 01.08.1999 - 02.01.2016 
My shadow since February 2002
I'll love you forever

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 23:42:25 PM »
I feel for you  :hug: :hug:

My mother in her late 80s and is always saying that Lupin should go and she has never met him grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 22:04:44 PM »
 :thanks: Teresa. I do love her to bits and I know she won't be around forever (I lost my dad when I was 16) but she does so make it difficult........... :hug:
I'll love you forever

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 21:58:59 PM »
Your post is reminding me of so many memories I have of my late parents  :hug: one day you will look, back and laugh at such treasured memories somehow tenas,piddling cats and the like will become more treasured than others, try not to let things get you down  :hug: In truth I remember my parents seeming opinionated and if I am brutally honest I have grown into and opinionated old boot,tenas sometimes welcome  :rofl: I really do empathise  :hug: :hug:
Keep smiling

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
I do love my mum but..........
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 20:28:21 PM »
My mum, brother and one of my nieces came to stay Sat night for Easter. My mum and Niamh stayed again last night. Now, my mum will be 78 next month and is becoming more opinionated by the day. Some of you may know that my tabby boy Teddy is a piddler. I believe it's stress as he is vet certified healthy. My mother has decided I ought to get rid and has repeated this at least 20 times in 48 hours. My brother came and took her back a couple of hours ago and not a moment too soon, as she was coming dangerously close to me losing my temper! My little prince Cooper went missing back in September and I have been so upset over him that I feel it's cruel of her to even say 'get rid' once never mind repeatedly.
Is it wrong of me to think that she and her tena lady things are in no position to speak of getting rid of a piddler?
Aaaaaaaaargh.

Just needed a rant - all good now. I will see if my insurance covers a behaviourist and I shall get Ted some therapy!

I'll love you forever

Link to CatChat