Author Topic: Insurance again  (Read 1615 times)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
Re: Insurance again
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 22:31:06 PM »
Theo is with Animal Friends and although you have to cough up for the vet payment first, they have been prompt in repaying me. They do have "life" policies per condition (unusual) and will discount heavily for multi-cat households. Also (and this is the biggie for us) they insure golden oldies - no age limit on when they will take a cat on, or to what age they will continue cover.

Tufty is with Petplan by default - he fell ill when his free 4 week insurance was stil extant (free with his microchip) so we're kinda stuck with them, but the policy is comprehensive and they offered me a reasonable quote for Sylvester just minutes before he was diagnosed with his murmur  :doh:

Worth a phone call to both as they seem to do much more on the phone than you'd think.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 17:01:53 PM »
Sorry I dont know except it needs to be sorted asap because if it carries on  for a while it takes longer to go.

Lupin was terrible for months when he came there but he cant tollerate Dry food or whiskers, felix food.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 15:29:53 PM »
I just have a problem at the moment with Cody , he just keeps either getting the runs or it is still too soft !

I only give them kitten food at night ( Felix  kitten in jelly ) and it's only half a sachet each .they are on RC sensible biscuits as they all are.
Pauline said they never had the runs there though :-:
Not sure what to do about it , have decided to leave off the wet food tonight and have booked a vet appointment for tomorrow night .
Also wondering if he still has what the others had and he needs antibiotics , not sure if to change the appointment to tonight !?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 15:04:19 PM »
You can test the prices by putting in a fictional cat at that age now and it works on the first day of the month that they are one in  ;D

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 14:51:49 PM »
Thanks Gill,
Maybe I will wait till they are one in July and August.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 02:20:06 AM »
They charge loads for  under one year old pedigrees  but I think it goes down at one year old.

Lupin is with them and I waited until he was one.  He costs £10.50 pm but was loads more at 10 months.

The only company that compares with AXA is Petplan but think you will find them more expensive.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
Insurance again
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 02:15:30 AM »
Looking for insurance for the two terrors .
Pandora is with Axa , but they want £15 each for these per month! They are only 7 and 8 months old !
Pandora is with them and six and a half and is £10.50 per month.

Any recommendations please ?

Link to CatChat