Author Topic: pregnant cat advice needed please!!  (Read 2547 times)

Offline Clairey1234

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Simba, Oscar and Misty
Re: pregnant cat advice needed please!!
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2012, 11:15:38 AM »
haha yeah my boyfriend is sick of me. she keeps taking me upstairs, and i follow thinking it's time...i just get a look off my bf as if im crazy! :Crazy:

Offline Elle CatRescueUK

• Adult Cat
  • Cat Rescue UK
    • Cat Rescue UK
  • Slave to: Phoebe, Boomer, Dillon, Aiden & Billy!
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2012, 10:48:10 AM »
yeah I know what that's like! I was thiniing Rosie would give birth for the 2 weeks leading up to it and sometimes convinced that I'd be telling everyone "it's tonight!" and they got sick of me lol
www.catrescue.uk
Rescue & Rehoming Stray and Unwanted Cats in Nottinghamshire. I am an independant rescue.

Offline Clairey1234

• Adult Cat
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2012, 10:45:59 AM »
she hasn't. she was actually quite normal last night. playing with my other cat and stuff.

she's confusing me lol. i don't know whether i'm coming or going!

Offline Elle CatRescueUK

• Adult Cat
  • Cat Rescue UK
    • Cat Rescue UK
  • Slave to: Phoebe, Boomer, Dillon, Aiden & Billy!
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2012, 23:22:00 PM »
All I can say is Rosie my stray grew lumps around her nipples 2 days before the birth. I read online somewhere that it's the milk coming in and that timing would have been about right. Has she got lumpy nipples yet? Apart from being restless the bumps were the only real sign for me!
www.catrescue.uk
Rescue & Rehoming Stray and Unwanted Cats in Nottinghamshire. I am an independant rescue.

Offline Clairey1234

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2012, 18:59:03 PM »
thank you yvonne :)

i will keep you all updated. she's hiding under my sons bed at the minute. it's all dark and cosy:) searched everywhere for her!!

thank you all for your help :)

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2012, 18:43:57 PM »
Hello Claire and   :welcome:  to the forum

It sounds to me as though you are doing everything correctly, plenty to eat, drink and a few nesting places.  My cat had her first kitten under the bed and then carried kitty into the wardrobe where there was a nice snuggly box for her.  Cats like humans all differ in labour, some like the company of their owner to reassure and stroke them and others do it on their own privately.  There may be a couple of hours in between kittens this is quite normal.

Good luck with the birth and please keep us posted    :hug:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Clairey1234

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 17:36:59 PM »
yup 8-9 weeks if im correct. like i say though, she did get out earlier - whether something happened during that time or not, i'm unsure. i would say nothing happened, but i don't know.

i'm wondering about labour as her current behaviour, from what i've read, sounds like labour is just around the corner :scared:

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 17:34:20 PM »
isnt it 8 weeks till a kitten is born?

Offline Clairey1234

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 17:29:42 PM »
i am registered with them, but not with misty. i'm not worried about the money as i know i could get it if needed.
it was 5 weeks ago when she went missing for a few hours. she had been out previous to that, (not sure of the time) but not for long. sooo...i'm still not sure either way?

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 17:25:07 PM »
Do the pdsa cover c-sections?

are you registered with them?

A c-section will set you back about £500 if there are problems.

How long ago did she get out?

Offline Clairey1234

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 15:49:06 PM »
yeah - i could get money if needed and we also have the pdsa. fingers crossed everything goes well!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 15:45:49 PM »
do you have a blue cross or pdsa local just in case she needs help like a c section or something I know they are usually ok but they do sometimes need help and its better to know where you can get it in advance

Offline Clairey1234

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 15:38:56 PM »
i really don't have the money for a vet at the minute :(

it's the best i can describe her sound 'calling', she's making noises that's for sure lol.
i would say she is definitely pregnant - feeling softly down her sides, i can feel things. i'm sure i've felt a kick too!

she has shown loads of symptoms of pregnancy - the fact she escaped for hours - during being in heat, nipples are pinker, belly has grown, eating a lot more, sleeping a lot more, grooming a lot, very restless, she seems to be nesting ...searching about the house, whilst crying - upstairs, downstairs in bedrooms. she lay in my kitchen cupboard the other day? i think she's nesting??

she's also licking her girly bits a lot recently too!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 15:26:34 PM »
you should probably ring a vet for advice to be honest, we do have rescues who deal with kittens but there is no saying when they will be online

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 15:26:01 PM »
Sorry I cant help but am sure one of our experts  will be able to help later when they get home from work.

I didnt know that cats called when they were pregnant are you sure she is pregnant?

Offline Clairey1234

• Adult Cat
pregnant cat advice needed please!!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 15:13:43 PM »
hello all. i've been researching, researching and researching and decided to just come and ask my specific questions. rather than relying on google to answer them all.

my little cat got out ages ago, she was super sneaky and when my partner went to the door she dived out. we tried catching her, but it was dark and she headed straight for the trees at the top of the garden.
i hunted for ages but couldn't find her.
quite a few hours later she came back when i called (after about the 1000th time).

i was worried at that point she may have been caught. only a few days later she was calling - so it eased my concern, thinking if she had been, she wouldn't be calling.
only last week, my mam says she noticed she had a belly. i never noticed, not even when she pointed it out. only now i can't deny it.she  was crying for food practically every hour and has been for a while. up until 2 days ago. she doesn't want to play fight with my other cat as much either.

i'm wondering if she's coming to labour soon, as she has been sleeping the majority of the day, and night. she wakes up to groom herself, eat, groom some more and sleep again.
i've noticed the past few days she has been really restless come night time, crying and seems to be calling - she is cleaning herself a lot more these past few days and not eating as much.
when she has been crying and calling - she wants me to follow her upstairs. i have followed her everytime incase she is going into labour - only she just purrs loads, wants loads of cuddles and attention, and then lays down on the floor ...and goes to sleep. if i try to leave, she follows and goes back to the crying and calling again.

what i have noticed, is she isn't purring anywhere else in the house. she will not purr downstairs. only in my bedroom upstairs, when i am with her.

usually, she is a very loving and cuddly cat. she even jumps from the floor on to my chest she loves cuddles that much. and she is always purring...up until the past few days, where it's only in my bedroom!

i've set up nesting areas all over the house, just incase. she doesn't seem to be interested though. she just lays infront of the one i've made in my bedroom.

any advice on what you think might be happening would be greatly appreciated.
just to add - i will be getting her spayed as soon as all this is over!

thanx :)

Link to CatChat