Author Topic: Not sure if I should worry or not  (Read 1501 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: Not sure if I should worry or not
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2012, 22:24:52 PM »
Aah so it's another cat she can smell - hope that is that problem solved.

Hope you wasn't having all bran for breakfast  :naughty: :rofl: :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 11:11:40 AM »
Thanks all
I think I might have figured out the landing. They guy opposite has a cat and this morning the landing smells of cat so Im guessing shes checking he's not in her territory. I dont think Felix comes on my side of the landing but will be keeping Amber in just in case.
As for new foods Im just happy shes finally eating something other than felix senior as that was getting boring for me never mind her. Thing is as usual shes taken it to the extreme and this morning wanted my breakfast  :evillaugh:
Thanks again
love
Tab

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 22:37:49 PM »
Hmmmm

RE: the food - I think that's probably just her being a cat.  As humans get older WE change our likes and dislikes in food.

I know you love her to bits but how about treating her to some chicken or steamed fish or something else she really likes and as suggested already some new toys (I suspect you might have done that) but maybe a new bed is a good idea.

RE: The landing - I wonder if she can still smell Mogs there? or is it cos Spring is in the air and she thinks she might like to go out?

Good luck Tab, keep us updated.  :Luv2: :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 17:09:58 PM »
Yes Mogs was top cat and it was 2yrs on news years eve since she died. Amber is 13.5 so maybe its her age lol
love
Tab

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 12:33:55 PM »
Was Mogs the top cat? Its funny cos Dexter is top in our house, and denzel is funny about eating treats when he is there. often she just leaves them, but when alone she'll eat them  :Crazy:

Is it 2 years since Mogs went, or is Amber 2 years old?
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline KittyB

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Rusalka, Orpheus, Tosca and Carmen
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 21:00:47 PM »
I think grief can be a funny thing and can take different stages. It sounds like Amber is coping really well though she doesn't seem to be doing anything "dangerous". Why not treat her to something fun and interesting for the home so being at home has something new and exciting. Maybe a new bed or a new scratcher or some new toys or a tunnel. :)
Kitty x x x

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 20:33:49 PM »
Oh shes not alone and I never close the door so she can always come back in. I think she'd freak if I shut the door even if I was out with her lol
love
Tab

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 20:09:19 PM »
Sounds like she is finding herself but I am a bit worried aboiut her being on the landing  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
Not sure if I should worry or not
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 20:07:03 PM »
After mogs died Amber went through loads of changes which was normal I think but in the last week or so shes changing again! Shes suddenly decided she wants to see what happens outside my front door and as I live in a flat has explored the landing. Shes suddenly decided to try food that before she turned her nose up including prawns, chicken and whiskers! I have no idea why after a period of nearly 2 yrs of shes decided these things are ok  :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy:
Otherwise shes her usual cuddly purry furry so I dont think shes ill but Im confused
love
Tab

Link to CatChat