Author Topic: Animal Psychics  (Read 1664 times)

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Re: Animal Psychics
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 11:27:43 AM »
My two penn'orth.... I don't believe in it.  I believe very much in the power of the mind to provide comfort when we need it though  :hug:

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Chelsea (March 1994 ~ March 2012 - Rest in peace my darling), Luna and Cleo plus Simba the Ginga
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2012, 16:15:43 PM »
Would you mind sending me a PM to tell me which one you used please?

Personal recommendation is always the best way, I agree

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 15:49:57 PM »
I would go on personnel recommendation to be honest.  I used 3 when lilly went missing. One was joanne.  In fairness she didn't charge anything but didn't ask for photo or anything either and gave me a paragraph.  I can't remember the second one but there wasn't much accuracy.  The third was the same as Tiggy'smum used.  Whilst some of what was said could have been found through looking at googlemaps and other bits didn't make sense there was some of it that was too accurate and specific (word for word something I would say) that no-one else would have known and there wasn't anyway it could have been guessed.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 15:43:56 PM »
I got to ask a series of questions too, the reading consisted of a whole page of the communicator saying what she was getting from her eg 'she loved having her ears rubbed' and then another page of the 'answers' to my questions.

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Chelsea (March 1994 ~ March 2012 - Rest in peace my darling), Luna and Cleo plus Simba the Ginga
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 15:40:42 PM »
 :wow:
I'd like both ideally as I would want a written record and also the opportunity to ask questions.
Thanks  :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 15:15:10 PM »
Ordinarily I am a very straightforward person and not usually into 'that kind of thing' whatsoever but I consulted an animal communicator after my cat had to be put to sleep. I am utterly convinced that she made contact and even if she didn't (although there were too many very specific things she got right for it to be a coincidence in my opinion) then it gave me immense comfort at the time. Mine was a 'reading' or whatever they call it through a photograph alone and I chose to have the written response as would have been too emotional to talk about it over the phone!

If you can afford it I would definitely give it a go, you've got nothing to lose  :hug:

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 15:12:54 PM »
I had a good reading from a medium just after my Nan died and there was no way the medium would have known that I insisted my Nan was covered in the wrap I'd just bought her or that I didn't have a floral tribute done as I knew she didn't want it. I also often smell cigarette smoke and perfumearound the house and none of us smoke.

I've found the website of a lady called Joanne Hull and whilst I do think that there are charlatans out there she doesn't charge a huge amount (and nothing in the scheme of what I've paid to the vet recently) so I might just give it a go.

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 14:25:13 PM »
I'm pretty cynical about these things - even though I also had a couple of similar experiences after my last cat Jones passed on. They were comforting at the time, and I think that's the key - it's helpful for us to think our animals have not really gone, they're just somewhere else and they're still communicating with us, so if we look for these signs, we'll find them. (These signs are never seen by people who didn't know the animal.)

There's nothing wrong with believing in it if it helps, but I am concerned about "psychics" who take people's money at a time when they're vulnerable and sometimes desperately unhappy.
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 11:32:58 AM »
Hi Louise
I visited one a few years ago now,spent the day doing one of their workshops,in truth I found it to be a total waste of time and money but thats not to say everyone feels that way.

Several of my departed cats have left their mark here in various ways, Buster still sits on his bench offering comfort, Hettie mysteriously appears in the greenhouse Iris used to appear and I thought I was mad so didnt tell anyone until one day a former helper came rushing into the house very agitated telling me she had just seen Iris. I guess as long as love is there then so is the spirit of the cat.
I am sure that Chelsea will stay close as long as she feels you need comfort  :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 11:24:55 AM »
I'm very no nonsense and straight forward and would probably say rubbish - but our boy bluto definately walked over our bed after he was gone - we had no other cats at that time and I felt him walk across and then was gone

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
Animal Psychics
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 11:18:52 AM »
I won't be offended if you tell me I'm mad  :Crazy:......but......
I've just started reading Animals and the Afterlife by Kim Sheridan, I've gone home twice this week and have found our duvet disturbed as if my Chelsea who went to the Bridge on Sunday had been sleeping on it, I felt her sleeping against me on Tuesday night and heard a soft gentle snoring this morning when I woke up so.....on the back of all this I'm considering booking a session with an animal pyschic.
Has anyone got any experiences of this? 

Link to CatChat