Author Topic: Vets now - radio consumer programme monday 12th march noon - please xpost  (Read 2272 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Have just listen and that man is a blatent liar! or he has no idea how things work..................I was so angry just listening to him!

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
I just listened Angie and you got your points across very well esp the fact that Vets Now charge a lot more than other out of hours services.  We, thank heaven, have the resources (mainly insurance) not to have to worry about paying their charges and can only keep fingers firmly crossed that we never have to suffer the 8am turn out  :(

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01d0prk/You_and_Yours_Is_contracted_out_overnight_veterinary_care_harming_pets/

8 minutes in.....

I have emailed them to add stuff but cannot see any comments displayed. there is a you and yours program feedback (which is what i used).

if you have something to say please do, the more interest generated the more likely a follow up.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Well have just been to the site and cant bloomin hear the broadcast just going round in circles grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Funny enough it wanted me to do a survey lol...............I got my 4 pennyworth in!

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
I heard you Angie and agree there was not much time - you could tell you were seething by end in fact I nipped on here to comment but didn't have time to find the thread. The Vets Now chap didn't come across very well in my opinion.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
 :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
 >:(

Me angry!!! didn't give me a chance to say much!!! spitting feathers and need to calm down to start work in 10 mins

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
Re: Vets now - radio consumer programme monday 12th march noon
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 15:31:02 PM »
ooh eck! got my homework to do!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01d0prk

please post on all animal boards you are on. Ideally, this program should generate a lot of interest!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 17:03:06 PM by Angie (covcats) »

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
Re: Vets now - radio consumer programme
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 19:51:20 PM »
Tufty was treated by Vets Now - they cover the OOH duty for my regular vet.

I rang at 11pm, they told me how much it was likely to cost and how the payment system would work. When I got there I was seen immediately and the vet didn't do anything that wasn't necessary i.e. no unnecessary cathetirisation, just a quick check over, ABs and pain relief and advice to see my own vet first thing.

I thought the vet and the vet nurse were very kind, attentive and empathetic. They talked me through the insurance forms and even printed a form off for me. I was shattered and they made me feel totally at ease.

Didn't know about the 8am discharge though - I would certainly choose another OOH service now if I thought my pet needed a stop-over!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Vets now - radio consumer programme
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 19:29:58 PM »
I think the basic problem with Vets Now is them using PDSA premises which they have to leave by 0800 in the  morning, consequently very sick cats have to be moved every morning back to their normal vets and then often back again in the evening.................this is not care but close to murder!

If PDSA want to be a vets that can be trusted then they need a 24/7 service.

The one time I used them the vet was truely excellent but within the limitations of the use of the premises I had to take my cat home again at 0300 in the morning because she would have had to be moved at 0800 and due to the 30mile round trip my poor cat would have spent the whole time travelling.........she died 3 days later  :'( :'(

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
Vets now - radio consumer programme monday 12th march noon - please xpost
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 19:20:47 PM »
Sorry to bring it up again!

got an enquiry from the beeb today, may be another slot about this. If anyone has any stories they want to share about their experiences with VetsNow out of hours please email them to me asap!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 17:02:12 PM by Angie (covcats) »

Link to CatChat