Author Topic: Vets Now - an email received via my petition  (Read 1454 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Vets Now - an email received via my petition
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 22:08:26 PM »
That has always been the problem with Vets Now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they are only open during the night and off load all animals at 0800.

I know been there with Kocka  :'( :'(

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
  • Lady Marmalade of the fluffy trousers
    • Cruelty Free, Vegan Skincare Freshly Made in the UK
  • Slave to: Marmalade, Teddy, Crystal, Marco (Thug 1) and Polo (Thug 2)
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 22:06:50 PM »
What a shower of absolute  :censored:  Poor lady and poor Casper. X
RIP beautiful Lilli 01.08.1999 - 02.01.2016 
My shadow since February 2002
I'll love you forever

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 21:54:26 PM »
 :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:
Nothing else to add!

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
Vets Now - an email received via my petition
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 21:22:25 PM »
it's going into local media.

A pensioner was forced to endure a 10-mile "hell" ride with her dying cat - that was sick and couldn't walk or move - after being forced out of Vets Now, a UK-wide 24-hour emergency practice.

This was after the practice in Middlesbrough had run up a £500 bill on various tests.

The pet, Casper, was put down soon after arriving at his own vets, a 30-minute car ride away in Redcar, as his own vet judged him to be very poorly and unlikely to recover.

The vet also told distraught owner Anne Kent "he wouldn't have made the journey home."

Animal-loving owner Anne, aged 66, from Redcar, Cleveland, was stunned to be told she had to collect Casper from Vets Now promptly at 8am on Saturday (Feb 18th) after bringing him in as an emergency the night before, when he had collapsed at home and couldn't get up.

Despite Vets Now diagnosing a blood clot, and knowing that Casper was old (aged 14), suffered from heart problems, and could not stand up or move, they insisted that Mrs Kent collect him and take him to his usual vets the following day.

They packed him off, and handed Mrs Kent a plastic carrier bag containing a drip that Casper had been hooked up to just minutes earlier.

Mrs Kent, who is a professional pet-sitter, said today: "Once again we come to rip-off Britian - the love and care you would expect to receive at Vets Now was not there.

"They happily took £500 from me for Casper's blood tests, but they didn't want to keep him there, and insisted I collect him early the next day - when my vets was open.

"With the help of an elderly friend, I was forced to drive Casper to my own vet, 10 miles away, even though I could see he was in discomfort and not at all well.

"It was a journey from hell.

"I think other pet owners across Britian should know about Vets Now and the shoddy treatment they are doling out to owners and their poorly - sometimes dying - pets"

Link to CatChat