Author Topic: Ariel spayed today  (Read 2185 times)

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
Re: Ariel spayed today
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2012, 19:36:53 PM »
Glad her op went well Den - that photo is lovely

All six of mine are on Orijen (4 of them are Bengals) and last time 2 of them were at the vets for jabs the vet commented on how well they look and what fantastic coats they have.  This is the 2 Benglies that had really bad tums when they were little and I have to say that the Orijen had a lot to do with sorting out their tums.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2012, 14:10:56 PM »
2 little cuties in a basket  :Luv2: :hug: :Luv2: :hug:  :thanks:

So glad she's not as timid and giving you lots of love - fantastic.  :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 00:09:57 AM »
Such a gorgeous pair  :Luv: What a fab 'side effect' of the spay!  :)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2012, 22:51:59 PM »
I sometimes feed Orijen, although I feed mostly wet and Mosi just has a bit of dry on top of his wet at most meals.  I do it mainly to keep costs down tbh.   I feed Orijen because it is cereal free but if I don't have Orijen I feed Applaws which is similar as in no cereal and high meat content but easier to get from pets at home.  I used to feed Encore which is, as far as I know, the same as Applaws but made for supermarkets but i haven't seen the dry encore anywhere for a while now (used to get it from Sainsburys).

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2012, 21:37:01 PM »
What a lovely picture  ;D

Offline den22

• Distinguished Cat
  • In loving memory of my beloved Butch 1998-2010
  • Slave to: Fudge & Ariel
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2012, 21:27:47 PM »
Sorry about the late reply Mary  :-[

Never managed to get a pic that day

But here is one I took the other day just for you  :)  :hug: :hug:

Little update !

Well it's been nearly two weeks since she had the op and she has healed nicely  ;D can even see a few hairs sprouting now  :evillaugh:
I can't belive how much she has changed since she had it done she was never really the loving kind and was very timid but now she is the most loving little girl , rolling around the floor , brushing her head all over us , padding her little paws  :Luv: :Luv: she is a completly different cat, just so happy she had it done  :)

Denise
Xxx
The Purrs 2013 Christmas Auction is now on!
All funds donated to Feral & Stray Foundation  - starts 17th November to 1st Dec 
Will you be a bidder, or donate something to auction - or both?!

Den22

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 23:27:21 PM »
Quick Denise, take a photo  :Luv2: :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline den22

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 22:40:26 PM »
yes Fudge seems to have settled down with Ariel today  ;D no more Hissy-spitty fits thank goodness  :) they are now currently in their cat bed together grooming each other  :Luv2:

Denise
Xxx
All funds donated to Feral & Stray Foundation  - starts 17th November to 1st Dec 

Den22

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 22:37:30 PM »
Crikey, that was a shock about the feather  :shocked: Has Fudge stopped spitting at her now?

I'm not talking Arnold schwarzerkitty 

:evillaugh:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 09:32:37 AM »
I have been reading some reviews on Orijen and everyone seems to rate it highly so I might try them on it , Hope you don't mind me asking but do you think your two have benefited from it Ie; do they seem healthier , coats shinier, bascally do you think it does what it says on the label ?

Not that I've noticed tbh.  The older girls' coats are just as shiny and silky to the touch but it's not as if they are on Go Cat  :innocent: (mixture of Felix wet and Science Plan dry with daily cooked chicken)   All four of em came from Judith at Coventry Cat Group (purrs name madasacatter) as did the girls' mum and all have beautiful coats.  I know Judith is a fan of Orijen though and she's had far more experience than me.  I think I'm right in saying that the meat and fish are responsibly sourced; free range chicken etc which is certainly a plus point. 

Our Bobby has been on Orijen all his life so far (10 months) and is a tall gangly lad and am sure he will fill out when he gets a little older too  :)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 08:19:40 AM »
bengals don't mature fully until about two - mine went from a gangly stick insect to 5.5kg of pure muscle almost overnight!  she will grow into herself

Offline den22

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 07:59:57 AM »
Thank's Mary  :)

What a wonderful birthday present for her  :Luv2: :hug:  You rotton mum  :P :evillaugh: :hug:

Mary

:evillaugh: :hug:

Denise
Xxx

Den22

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 01:02:46 AM »
What a wonderful birthday present for her  :Luv2: :hug:  You rotton mum  :P :evillaugh: :hug:

Glad the vet found the feather.

Mary

Offline den22

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 23:59:57 PM »
Thanks Gill and Rosella  :hug:

Our two youngest (10 months now) are still on a mixture of Hi Life wet food, Orijen dry food and small amount of cooked chicken.  I'm not really a fan of a dry only feeding routine tbh even though Orijen is supposed to be pretty good stuff as far as meat content is concerned.  Am happy to feed it mixed with wet though.

Sorry I know this is off subject :-[

Mine are on wet and dry food and occasionally raw I have been reading some reviews on Orijen and everyone seems to rate it highly so I might try them on it , Hope you don't mind me asking but do you think your two have benefited from it Ie; do they seem healthier , coats shinier, bascally do you think it does what it says on the label ?

I'm really asking because Ariel (being a bengal) is quite small and still very slim and I know that each cat is different but I would like something to help build her up a bit I'm not talking Arnold schwarzerkitty  :evillaugh: just a bit of muscle build up .

Denise
Xxx

Den22

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 22:02:53 PM »
Thank heavens the vet found the feather  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Hope she recovers well after op and back in Fudges good books when the vet smell has gone  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Our two youngest (10 months now) are still on a mixture of Hi Life wet food, Orijen dry food and small amount of cooked chicken.  I'm not really a fan of a dry only feeding routine tbh even though Orijen is supposed to be pretty good stuff as far as meat content is concerned.  Am happy to feed it mixed with wet though.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 21:40:57 PM »
Hope Ariel heals up very quick and what a shock about the feather  :hug: :hug:

Offline den22

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 21:27:15 PM »
 :thanks: Helen  :hug: yes it was especially that she showed no signs of anything being stuck in there although I did wonder as to why she had slightly gone off her food I just put it down to her being a fussy pants  :evillaugh: cause they both seem to turn their nose up at anything I put down for them Their on a variety of food at the moment cause their so fussy  :tired:

Also the vet suggested giving them a dry food called Orijen food has anyone tried this before ?

Denise
Xxx

Den22

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 21:12:58 PM »
Bless her little bald patch  :heeee heeee: :care: Hope she makes a quick recovery, bet that was a shock about the feather!  :shocked:

Offline den22

• Distinguished Cat
Ariel spayed today
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 21:09:38 PM »
Took Ariel to the vet today to have her spayed poor baby but a least it's done now  ;D Got her back home this evening and she seems ok Fudge is having his hissy-spitty fits at her so I have been trying to keep them apart , I was suprised when the vet told me that she had had a feather from her feather tickler toy stuck in her throat  :shocked: which they kindly put in a little clear bag for me  :-: 
Anyway she seems well hopefully Fudge will settle down with her soon  :)

Denise
Xxx

Den22

Link to CatChat