Author Topic: How much for injections and chipping ??  (Read 5539 times)

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
  • Nutty About Kitten-Cats!!
  • Slave to: Nuggie (& until recently Tazi x)...& Peanut "de Poirot"!
Re: How much for injections and chipping ??
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2012, 08:00:32 AM »

Yes, but I like to delude myself.  It makes me feel better by saying that Mac is ours even though I find myself sitting with a numb bottom on the floor watching TV in the bedroom whilst "Sir" snoozes in the armchair behind me.  An armchair, I hasten to add, that is big enough for two, but which is destined not to be shared......... 
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Me too....I think that Peanut loves sitting on me knee but i think know the truth is - its the seat he wants  :rofl: :rofl:

Ok That's Him Vaxxed and Chipped, He was really good with the Vac's but there was a wee murmur of
Objection with the Chip  :( No Bludy wunder, have you seen the size of the needle  :shocked: looks about
the same size that i had my tongue pierced with  :doh: .....   

I know!! I was shocked too!!  :doh: The Rescue had trouble getting Peanut chipped cos he was "naughty" and when we took him and saw the needle, i'm not suprised!!  :evillaugh:

Congrats Robbie on your new Slave  :sneaky: you chose well  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 08:02:43 AM by funkiechicken »
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)
Sleep Tight Baby Tazi xx 04.04.98 - 20.10.11 xx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2012, 14:52:20 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2012, 14:38:27 PM »

Yes, but I like to delude myself.  It makes me feel better by saying that Mac is ours even though I find myself sitting with a numb bottom on the floor watching TV in the bedroom whilst "Sir" snoozes in the armchair behind me.  An armchair, I hasten to add, that is big enough for two, but which is destined not to be shared.........

:rofl: :rofl:
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2012, 13:57:46 PM »

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2012, 13:53:09 PM »
Nah, He ain't our's
We are Just His Slave's  ;)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2012, 12:49:55 PM »

I balked at the size of the needle too  - Mac had his done when he was neutered so he'd know as little about it as possible.   :doh:

Well that's it anyways - tis offishul now - him's yours!  ;D

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2012, 12:46:39 PM »
So now you have a full resident cat again  ;D ;D

Hope you all will be very happy  ;D ;D

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2012, 12:32:50 PM »
Ok That's Him Vaxxed and Chipped, He was really good with the Vac's but there was a wee murmur of
Objection with the Chip  :( No Bludy wunder, have you seen the size of the needle  :shocked: looks about
the same size that i had my tongue pierced with  :doh:

ended up being £81 in total, so not too bad

Different vet this time, I asked her to roughly guess his age, she's saying about 6-7 whereas the other vet
said 5-6, so we are gonna roll with 6  ;)   

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2012, 13:25:30 PM »
none taken  :) I shared your philosophy, I worked from school and even worked fulltime while going to college etc and even when made redundant I was unemployed for nearly 6mths before i decided to bite the bullet. Luckily I was only on a few weeks before I got temp work etc..

before i got this job i didnt know anything about things like that, but lots of families might just need advice but not necessarily needing Dole - even things for Child Care, Tax Credits etc... for people still working, anything - things are so complicated that loads of people miss out  :shy:

I too can boast of a nice Tax Rebate  :evillaugh: I got nervous, cos the letters they send are bit confusing and at first i didnt know if it was for me or what i owed them!!  :rofl: I'm still nervous (even though it is practically spent  :sneaky: ) cos knowing HMRC, it will probably end up costing me somewhere down the line  :shify:  :evillaugh:
My Brother in Law is on the Rigs....I'm trying to sell the idea of my OH going  :shify: more for the 2 weeks break for me  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:  :rofl:

Glad everythings sorted....looks like my 2 will be taking a trip to the vets. Nuggie for definite and am just waiting on emergency appointment, otherwise its tomorrow  :shy: he's a poorly lad, i think - but better safe than sorry  :-[

Hope Robbie is doing well  ;D he's certainly took a chunk of your heart  :Luv: (cats have the knack  :shify: )
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2012, 12:32:23 PM »
Thanks for that FC  ;)
No insult taken  :) erm.......don't take offence, but I have Never been on the Dole, and the thought of doing so never enter's my mind  :innocent:
Other guy's who work for the same place as me, and were in the same boat probably did cause they have done it before
But the Job I have is pretty well paid ( well considering I get paid to fit Doors  :rofl: ) and the Banky is basically back to a
Healthy level it was just before I went off, this is also thanx to a couple of Tax rebates  ;)

I'll just get the Jabs n Chip done in Fraserburgh, coz it's only half a mile down the road from me

thanks for the offer tho  :wow:

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2012, 12:01:21 PM »
Hiya Stuart,

I got home from offshore on the 29th November and was home for 55 days before I went back offshore again :shocked:
Wasn't anybodys fault, just the way things panned out, but being on an Adhoc contract, I don't get paid when I am home  :'( :doh:

On a separate note and I'm not trying to insult you or anything like that - so please dont take it as so, but I work as a Benefit Decision Maker/Delivery Officer and if you ever want to PM to ensure that you are getting what you should for the periods when work is slow....I know theres a stigma, I was the same when I was made Redundant from my last job  :shy: - but theres alot out there and doesnt always mean the "dole".....anyway, feel free to pick my brains (or anyone really) BUT this is not meant as insult nor nothing  :-[

On the original subject, i think even PDSA charge normal price for Vacs etc?? but do google the vets in your area for deals - also I'm not sure of your exact location/area but if you speak to CP, explain this lad is a Stray and that rather than handing him in to a rescue, you would adopt if he was neutered/chipped/vac'd ?? They may offer help/discount?
I know Cat Orphanage helped when my Uncle fed a lovely feral one day. Within a year he had approx 50 ferel cats living in his garden on an old 3 piece suite!!  :-:  :shocked: Kittens having Kittens  :-[ Anyway they came and trapped them, homed the kittens, neutered the adults and put them back in my uncles garden. They even supplied food as, granted my uncle was only on a pension and these cats were deemed unrehomable - but who'd have thought his "tidbit" to lovely (but ferel) cat, made it invite all his friends?  :rofl:

Just hope you get something that suits  ;D

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2012, 02:25:01 AM »
Stuart drop me a pm happy to give you our discount at our vets and they only charge a small amount for a chip

Doubt CP would help you need to be in benefits even for a neutering voucher!!!

Thank's Liz, I'll be in touch  ;)

Not Normally Grippit, But I learned a Long Time ago when I was a welder with mortgage car and Bike to be paid for and kept
I had to be careful wiv da pennies  :doh: ( Old habits die hard plus I am Scottish :evillaugh: )

I got home from offshore on the 29th November and was home for 55 days before I went back offshore again :shocked:
Wasn't anybodys fault, just the way things panned out, but being on an Adhoc contract, I don't get paid when I am home  :'( :doh:
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 02:27:52 AM by Stuart »

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2012, 21:03:17 PM »
Stuart drop me a pm happy to give you our discount at our vets and they only charge a small amount for a chip

Doubt CP would help you need to be in benefits even for a neutering voucher!!!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2012, 20:43:22 PM »
No I dont think they will tbh.

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2012, 20:41:30 PM »
hmmm, is there any CP people on here who may think that my Local Cat protection would help with the cost??
I know it Sounds a bit Brass necked, But My way of thinking is that I have supported the CP for Years, and when I actually
needed Help from them I was let down  :( >:( I even contemplated to stop buying cat food to put in thier collection box at the Co-oP  :-[
But then thought better of it, cause it would be the furbabes who would lose out in the end  :doh:

I would still pay the full amount , but would be happier if CP Helped with the cost
That way, I would donate the Difference to the CP ( if that makes sense ) where they could put the money to better use rather than line the vet's pocket's
Like I said at the start " I don't trust / Like Vet's "  >:(

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2012, 17:46:10 PM »
mine would have been about that the vacs are 50 odd just for boosters and although I haven't paid for a chip for a while last one I did was Tilly 6 years ago and that was £15

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2012, 17:43:18 PM »
73.67 for Full course ( including leukimia ) plus 18 for the chip from the mintlaw vet's  :shocked:

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2012, 17:46:46 PM »

We paid £40 for Mac's vaccs, kitten check and microchip all in, last year.  But - I just realised.  I have totally missed that Stuart has acquired "a Robbie"   :shify:   ;D

Yeah Sue, He sneaked in when I wasn't looking  :evillaugh:

:evillaugh: :evillaugh: darn those sneaky cats  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Ahh shame about that  :shy: with 2 cats, boosters each year i do shop about and even I was impressed. Good for multicat households where costs are higher than little old me with 2....but maybe some more will just sneak past me too  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
 :innocent: :innocent:

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 17:37:34 PM »

We paid £40 for Mac's vaccs, kitten check and microchip all in, last year.  But - I just realised.  I have totally missed that Stuart has acquired "a Robbie"   :shify:   ;D

Yeah Sue, He sneaked in when I wasn't looking  :evillaugh:

No Vets4pets beside me tho  :( I have emailed another practice ( 14 miles away ) asking for a quote for chipping and inoc's
Forgot this was sunday tho, so there's still no reply  :doh:

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012, 09:07:49 AM »
I must say that as far as Health is concerned i always use the same vets, but i do shop about for deals on boosters etc...and a friend of mine who is getting her new cat vaccinated and spayed told me about vets4pets - vac4life deal of £99 for life! now i havent looked at the finer details but at £40 a pop its a great deal!! All it appears is that your cat/dog is only requiring boosters and if they lapse you would need to pay for full vacs.

I think i'll post this for those Rescues who's elderly cats are rehomed on retirement plans....it could save some much needed money maybe??

http://vets4pets.com/healthy-pet-special-offers/vac4life/

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 12:19:10 PM »

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 08:02:04 AM »
on general cat health i tend to avoid vets that are a francise or whatever as they generally rip ya eyes out then hoover the sockets for good measure lol but, they do have some good deals on for vacs and chippin so do shop around! I remember it was 20quid to get Tazi done.....oh happy days lol x

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

Offline Poppy Seed Cats

• Adult Cat
    • Poppy Seed Cats - Cat collars, accessories and cat art.
  • Slave to: Jazz, Marble, Kiwi
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 02:34:40 AM »
Companion Care vets that are usually in the Pets at Home stores charge about £45 for their first lot of injections and throw in a microchip for free. I don't know if the offers still on but it's what they did for my cats.

Sometimes the RSPCA will hold free chipping days.

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 18:09:16 PM »
Wow, the easipetcare looks really good I wish there was one near Hastings.

When we lived in Italy, all the English people we knew said how cheap the vets and medication were out there. A lot of the vets would take animals home with them if they needed extra care over night and charged very low rates for home visits.  I could never understand how this was possible as Italy is an expensive country to live in.

I've no idea how much vets are making in profits but it must be a lot if easipetcare can offer 40% off standard vet fees.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 12:38:27 PM »
When you get first jabs, the cost quoted is for the first and second jabs but you have to ask which jab they are quoting for, ie Flu and enteritus or both those and leukemia....the latter is more expensive.

Also does it include chip.

Hope you catch your connection.

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 12:18:52 PM »
good old coventry can get vacs for a adult cat (over 18 months) at £20 first and second one free!

judy walker who started pet vac, has done it again with easipetcare (northampton/midlands mainly)

http://www.easipetcare.com/?gclid=CMzP6YPS6K0CFYsntAod-W-UOA

and yesterday has offered £15 for both jabs at the rspca centre (not sure of details as I didn't feel up to attending the meeting).

I believe they are doing something similar in the South East with the RSPCA.

http://www.easipetcare.com/vaccination-clinics/rspca-south-east-london

and still people can't be bothered. :( >:(
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 12:20:02 PM by Angie (covcats) »

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 10:47:43 AM »
thanks peeps, the vet already mentioned £69 for the first course, then back in three week's
he never mentioned anything about paying for the ones after three weeks ( I don't trust these vets )
Robbie is a very good traveller in the car, so I might shop around  :shify:

Going away back to the forties field today, will be away for two week's, Robbie will be confined to quarters
but funnily enough, although i thought he was initially an outdoor cat, he seem's quite content staying in
and has made no real attempt to want out, sniffed at the cat flap a couple of times and that was it
He is Very laid back and spends the whole day basically jumping from bed to bed ( flaked out )
He did come into the living room for the first time yesterday, has met Marissa, but is uninterested, as far as
I know he still hasn't been in her room yet..

right I'd better go, don't want to be late for my check in

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 23:49:26 PM »
I would estimate about £60 for full course and chip...........if he is young then I would go for all but maybe wait for about 6 months.........how long has he been around and the longer he stays in the better.

The cost also depends on whether you have leukemia part which is the part that has most complications and I wouldnt go for that part.

Has he been checked for a chip?,,,,,,,,I guess so as he has been to the vet.

I think if a young cat goes out and about then vaccinations important and havent heard about any link to CRF but think that insurance very important.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 21:37:14 PM »
If you live in a high cat area then it is a good idea to keep the up to date with annual injection

Most vets will give the Kitten injection series if you have no history so basically first injection then back in 3 weeks for second injection then nothing till the same time the following year

On the subject of price we pay £45.00 for the first one and the second part in the following 3 weeks is free

ID Chips we pay £12.00 but we do have a good discount and tbh its peace of mind should the worst happen

On the plus point he will always be cheaper than Miss Marissa ;D
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
How much for injections and chipping ??
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 21:12:10 PM »
Just wondering, How much is it for Injections and Micro chipping ??

the vet I took Robbie to said as we have no History, He is suggesting giving him the immunization jabs
followed up by the Boosters, etc... just wondering what are the cost of these nowadays, and stupid question
what is the benefit of them?? I seem to remember some scientists think / say that they are the main cause for
among other things CRF?? and if he has alredy had these jabs, would giving him them again not be good for him ??

also, a rough idea on how much for chipping him would cost too??

any replys appreciated  ;)

Link to CatChat