Author Topic: I have a Squater in my utility shed  (Read 2818 times)

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Re: I have a Squater in my utility shed
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2012, 15:14:33 PM »
Stuart my outside ferals are only fed once a day in the evening but have bowls of biscuits added daily when I put the fresh food out and they manage to survive on that

Could you hurridly fit a catflap on the utility door so your sisiter only has to pop in once a day to top up wet food and biccies thus easing the pressure on you and Carol with her Mum being ill but Carol could do it when she is there surely it can be worked out :hug:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2012, 14:30:37 PM »
Aye Sheila, it's not good  :(

The Neighbours are not animal orientated, so asking them is a No no, they'd probably forget  >:(
My sister will still be in Fraserburgh, but at the end of the day, She has her own two to look after, has a 7 yr old
and works too, so asking her to come round 2-3 times a day is kinda outta the question too, Like I said
It isn't Practical.........

as for another Furb, We are both torn, but the way things are at the moment, it always ends up being " not the right time "
We already Had A lovely Furkid that We got from Liz, but OH was getting stressed out when I was away, mainly
because our Daughter ( First Child ) as with all baby's need 24/7 attention, Thankfully, Liz managed to take Leo Back

Stretchy is a Lovely affectionate Cat and with the right Slaves to have the time to turn him into a House / outdoor , He'd
Make a Brilliant Master  ;D

I have called both number's for the CP to talk this over with them, but no one answer's, I have also e-mailed

Just waiting now, but as I say, Time is running out  :( 
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 14:32:14 PM by Stuart »
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2012, 14:15:47 PM »
Oh poor Stretchy!

I suppose you've asked your neighbours if they might consider popping a bowl of grub out for him each day until you get home? (You could leave them some tins for him, perhaps?)...and a shelter may consist of nothing more than a cardboard box wrapped (taped up) in a bin bag and placed out of the wind?

At least then you know he'd survive this next couple of weeks, albeit he'll be uncomfortable.

The big question is his long term interests. If you're simply not ready to take another furb (and goodness knows we all understand exactly how that feels, Stuart) he needs to be caught and rehabilitated. But if the local rescues aren't able to help he could be in danger of PTS once indoors.

So, he may be OK if you just stop feeding him, after all he found you - so he's resourceful - but you may not sleep easy if he simply disappears from your life and will always wonder if you did the right thing. It's a horrible position to be in, and you do need more feedback from CP so you know exactly what his chances would be if he were taken indoors.

If they say no, definitely, you might ask to put him on their waiting list - at least he would have some security in his future, then try the local cat sitter/dog walker/mad cat woman? and see if they could pop round each day to feed him and check his shelter?

Jeez then you don't want the whole world knowing you're away either... what a quandary.  :hug: :hug:

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2012, 13:05:24 PM »
Sadly, D-Day for Stretchy has now come  :(

I have just got off the phone with my Boss and I will be going away on Saturday for two and a half week's  :doh:
home for a week, then away for three  :doh: :doh: :doh:

Carol said he is no Bother and she would easily feed him, but in saying that she usually goes to visit her Mum
Who is still recovering from a fractured Pelvis after a fall, meaning no one will be here to feed stretchy  :(

I feel quite saddened in the Fact that if The Local CP can't take him, He will be coming round here for food, and no one
will be here, Plus the Utility shed door will be shut  :(

and then I feel saddened that, IF our Local CP do take Him, He will end up shut in someone's house / cage with no
access to outside, I'd feel as if I'd betrayed His Trust, but in saying that, at least he would be safe and warm

It's times like these that I wished I had a job on the beach  :doh:

Spose I'd better phone the Cat Protection to see what they are saying?? " Unless they can get someone to come round
and feed Him while Carol is away?? " but that isn't really practical either  :(

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2012, 17:22:23 PM »
Sorry, I notice i haven't mentioned it, I had a bit of confusion at the start whether He was a She  :shocked:
But Liz assured me and so did the CP lady that He was a Neutered Boy, it would make things a bit easier if he
came into the kitchen at least  :doh:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2012, 14:09:34 PM »
Hmmmmmm if he is not coming in the house, why does he have to be sorted...............not very realistic in the current climate and weather is it?

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2012, 14:00:00 PM »
Hm, not smelly=neutered. So he is someone's pet bless him.

How about putting a kennel in the garden for him? My Theo lives almost permanently in his kennel - preferring it to indoors in all but the coldest of weather -  which I've lined with a bit of vetbed fleece.

At least he'll have shelter and food until he gets his bearings and his real home can be found.

Sorry if you've already done all this, but your photos are so good, how about posting him on the Found pages of the National Pet Register. He's very distinctive.

I wonder if he took fright over New Year, bolted and is now lost but not far from home.  :(

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2012, 13:25:49 PM »
Well He came Back  ;D but he was very nervous, think he was waiting for slinky to appear at any moment  :scared:

No Sheila, He is Not smelly at all and cleans himself quite regularly  ;)

Now the Problem Bit, I will maybe be going back offshore shortly, and although Carol has said She will feed him, in the same breath She has said He will have to be sorted before I go, Meaning a decision will have to be made, although this goes against
the Grain, realistically, we are not ready / cannot keep him  :(

but at the same time I don't want him to be taken out of his environment I.E. outside all the time, as I think he will really suffer
if he end's up couped up somewhere  :(

I don't know what to do for the best  :( :( :(

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2012, 12:21:33 PM »
He is gorgeous  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2012, 21:46:23 PM »
I love big jowly toms :Luv2:, our miyagi is quite jowly but think thats cos of the persian in him, he just has a huge head :rofl:. hopefully he has gone home or if he is a stray im sure he will come back soon...stray cats seem to zone into cat friendly homes :shy:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2012, 21:38:06 PM »
Stuart - careful now, this is exactly how I ended up with both Chubby (fast asleep on my bed) and Tufty (fast asleep on my kitchen table)  ;D

He does have that heavy cheeked look that suggests he was a full Tom for a couple of years at least (lots of boys get this look when they've lead a erhem full life  :shy: ) both Chubby and Tufty have this and they were both full Toms before I trapped 'em  :sneaky:

However, six kilos does suggest he's had a feeder recently, and he does look nice and clean so he's not been struggling for long. Tell me, is he a stinky Tomcat ?  :sick:

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2012, 20:38:08 PM »
Wow  he's a big boy .... best keep him away from your furry little mate in the bird food shed :rofl: :rofl:

yeah with this problem arising, have kinda forgotten about Mousey, have put a couple of bits of chocolate out for him tonight tho  ;) 

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2012, 20:34:42 PM »
He has the look to me of a cat who was neutured comparitively late- he has that jowly look judging by the photos.

what makes you saY that ?? it's funny, I thought his face was different ( kinda Oriental = Siamese look ? )
another thing I was thinking is that male Cats who are neutered rarely wander ??

Have a slight problem just now, Slinky the Local Male cat in the area ( previously wasn't to bothered about Stretchy's presence )
was a slight confrontation on Slinkys side ( Hissing and Gurring ) Stretchy did not retaliate and took to his Heel's, and was chased out of the garden  :(
There is no sign of them now  :doh: I'm kinda confident that he will be back tho  :scared:

S'funny tho as Stretchy has ragged ears so is obiously no stranger to confrontation?? or did he always come off worst??

It's a Pity Olivia wasn't still here, She always sorted Slinky out and gave no quarter......It will be a year on the  28th of this month since She left us  :'(
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 20:35:53 PM by Stuart »

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2012, 18:52:09 PM »
Wow  he's a big boy .... best keep him away from your furry little mate in the bird food shed :rofl: :rofl:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Skiddaw

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: The Munchkin and formerly to dear, departed Uncle M
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2012, 17:57:54 PM »
He has the look to me of a cat who was neutured comparitively late- he has that jowly look judging by the photos. He really is very handsome. It's all a bit of a mystery isn't it? I hope he plucks up the courage to come in from the cold soon.

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2012, 17:37:22 PM »
What a handsome squatter though!  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: He seems very chunky for a stray so it's odd that nobody has responded to your collar messages. Even if he was being fed somewhere else surely the feeder would reply?

Yeah you would think so  :doh: Plus he is quite solid, and I mean SOLID
so if he is missing it hasn't been for long?? or maybe he wasn't happy where he was ??
But the first time he appeared, I thought My Fingers were going to disappear along with the biscuits  :shocked:
Would still be happier if he came out of the cold in the meantime, but then again, the thickness of his coat
probably means he is used to it  :(

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 16:33:28 PM »
What a handsome squatter though!  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: He seems very chunky for a stray so it's odd that nobody has responded to your collar messages. Even if he was being fed somewhere else surely the feeder would reply?

Offline Skiddaw

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: The Munchkin and formerly to dear, departed Uncle M
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 15:58:37 PM »
He's gorgeous!! :Luv2:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 11:50:55 AM »
Stuart you really are a sucker for anything with 4 paws  :rofl: :hug:

He is gorgeous and sooo big, you would think he MUST be somebody's cat BUT there are so many cruel people who would throw them out at night in the cold and he smelt the warmth coming from your shed  :rofl:

It's a real shame if he is lost and has heartbroken owners.  Hope all is well soon.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 10:24:20 AM »
Stuart, just fit a cat flap and accept he's yours. ;) :evillaugh:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 23:28:56 PM »
it must be the food you put out :wow: i wouldnt be suprised if a few more arent in the shed tomorrow :evillaugh:
he does look a good size to be fair, it may be someones cat, i had a similar female in bad condition and light wieght, and when i fed her it was if she had been starved for so long, making gulping rasps :Crazy:, i popped her to vets and she was chipped and turns out she lives nearby me ,obviously they cant be arsed looking after her properly >:(

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 22:53:09 PM »
yeah Cazzer He is, somebody must be missing him  :(
he didn't even flinch when i went to take the photos Liz, he must be cosy, thx for the tip on the heat pad
I never thought  :doh:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 22:56:32 PM by Stuart »

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 22:44:06 PM »
He looks comfy and warm ;D
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 22:09:16 PM »
what a handome lad.     Lucky to have found you Stuart!
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
I have a Squater in my utility shed
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 22:03:23 PM »
Last Friday, a stranger appeared in my garden, Poor wee thing was starving, well I say Wee but He is Quite Large ( over 6kg anyway )
needless to say he has kept coming back, I have been in contact with the Local CP branch, but of course they emphasize they have no room
I got a shot of their scanner as he is quite scared of females ?? unfortunately he has no chip  :( I put adds on the local radio and put a paper
collar on him, I've had no phone calls so far  :( it is minus below outside now, He WILL not enter the house!!
, but I set up a bed for him and a bit of advice from Liz, there is also a heat pad in it too, needless to say he has now taken up residence in my utility shed, just wished sombody would call, he is such a loving chap.... or maybe thats just the food  :doh:

the first photo

taken tonight

« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 22:04:21 PM by Stuart »

Link to CatChat