Author Topic: foster toolkit  (Read 1315 times)

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Twix, numerous foster kittens currently have a 2 babies with out names yet!
Re: foster toolkit
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 09:29:41 AM »
Our zen is currently having his annual shed, so the place looks like it has been snowing white hair, he moves and a a handful just floats away and no amoutn of grooming makes a difference we have given up lint rolling just put up with it and hope the hoover doesnt give out lol, twix doesnt seem to shed that much tho  :shify: watch now iv said that he'll shed worse than zen is  :scared:

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 19:09:20 PM »
cheap/basic shower curtains for the protecting  of walls, floors,beds etc. one of those things  you never need then all of a sudden youre so thankful you have!
 find most other things i have for my cats or  myself so can lay hand on them quickly if i need  to.mine come from the vets flead and wormed and with recovery food if required

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 18:41:24 PM »
Not for fostering as such, but cat ownership in general... lint rollers  :naughty:

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Twix, numerous foster kittens currently have a 2 babies with out names yet!
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 15:46:17 PM »
 :rofl: cant choose one eh, i was wondering where the catnip was cos id say that would be my fav! I didnt think it was possible to use even the unperfumed wipes so thats good cos its a messy job when your using them cotton wool balls!! Thanx liz

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 15:39:29 PM »
All that I listed

Also some catnip and some valarian toys for the lucky fosters
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 15:32:58 PM »
all good but whats the best thing you have in your tool kit?

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 14:52:09 PM »
Frontline flea spray and rubber gloves for the application of

Some sort of recovery type foods we use RC and Hills for the ones who need slowly building up

Lots of toys that are washable so they can be used fro several cats

Cardboard boxes which can be used as hidey holes or beds with a blanket in them

Worming tablets such as Millibex for small cats and Drontal for the larger ones

A good brush and comb for grooming

Our first aid kit contains things like a pill popper, Small tub of Sudo cream so useful for a number of things, latex gloves, baby wipes non perfumed for wiping of appendages
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
foster toolkit
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 12:56:03 PM »
As a new fosterer I want to know what more experienced fosterers have in there 'toolkit' that they think is most valuable so i can put it in mine  :evillaugh: doesnt matter if its the first aid kit or the dreamies! What would you say was the most valuable thing in your toolkit??

Link to CatChat