Author Topic: Kittens found dumped in a box in a skip  (Read 10611 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: Kittens found dumped in a box in a skip
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2007, 10:29:13 AM »
Aw bless....they are gorgeous.....not looking very wild tho just timid  :Luv:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2007, 10:26:23 AM »
Many years ago, in London, there was a vet who had real passion for cats in general, but ferals in partcular. The more they hissed and spat at her, the more she seemed to like them. She just lurved neutering them!  :yesss: :oolala: The first sniff of a feral colony and she'd be out there with the volunteers doing the trapping! "Mad Nora" we called her... Some of the male volunteers never turned their back on her!  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2007, 10:21:52 AM »
The kittens have come from Wrexham and the annoying thing is, our local RSPCA are always doing neutering campaigns and targeting that area in particular but some peeps generally can't be  :censored: .  As those in rescue will know, the only way of doing it is to pick the mum's up yourself, take them in and then return them back to their owners.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2007, 10:11:00 AM »
Another sad thing about all this is that the mum cats is quite possible pregnant again. If  only the owners would have contacted a rescue,  although they may not have been able to take in the kittens immediately they could have perhaps tried to help find homes and offer to get mum spayed. Is it possible your local paper could print a pic and give general neutering/spaying advice and advise where vouchers can be obtained?
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2007, 09:59:53 AM »
Eeeeep, they're gorgeous! I think the calico is my favourite too. (If it's possible to have a favourite out of such a bunch of sweeties! :))

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2007, 00:59:46 AM »
Seriously, all these pics in your threads, reeeeally making me wanna nab one or five...  :rofl:

So what's stopping ya  :evillaugh:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2007, 00:58:31 AM »
How could anyone do that to kittens so beautiful........or kittens at all  >:( >:( >:(

Offline Annie

• Adult Cat
    • Catster
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2007, 00:49:23 AM »
Awww they're gorgeous!!!

Little ginge looks cute, actually scratch that ( :evillaugh:) they all do...

Seriously, all these pics in your threads, reeeeally making me wanna nab one or five...  :rofl:
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 00:50:07 AM by Annie »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2007, 23:56:52 PM »
Well Ill have that one.............and that one.....ok job done lol

:heeee heeee:  I'll shove your name on them Mags and you can pick them up when you come over to do my litter trays  :evillaugh:

MBll

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2007, 23:53:45 PM »
Well Ill have that one.............and that one.....ok job done lol

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2007, 23:48:15 PM »
Glad these little ones have found their way to you Dawn, they have every chance now  :hug:

Exactly!   :yesss:

Oh, I still can't stop looking at those calico's eyes....   :cccooorrr: :blow kiss:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2007, 23:43:32 PM »
Tiggy and her brother were found dumped on a skip (aged approx 2 weeks old).  I will always be thankful, in a twisted kind of way, to the evil person that dumped them for 19 and 11 years of happiness... 

Glad these little ones have found their way to you Dawn, they have every chance now  :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2007, 23:29:57 PM »
 :hug:  Pinkbear.  Society doesn't surprise me in the least these days  :censored:  :censored:  When Lainey was over, we had to go to an RSPCA presentation thingy, one of the inspectors had come over from London and the dog that she had adopted had been tied with a rope round it's neck and was being dangled over a balcony by it's so called owners......she actually caught them doing it and took the dog  :censored:  :censored:  I think for people to do what they do, and have no shame or remorse for doing it, seriously have a screw loose and if they don't get what they deserve in this life, they get it when they go to hell  :censored:  :censored:  I find I have less and less patience with people these days but hard as it is, you have to learn to bite your tongue until the animal is out of danger and then you can let rip if need be  :evillaugh:  Sometimes I hate what I do as you can feel so downhearted by everything, but believe it or not, there are some happy and nice times with them especially when you've gained their trust and they come to you for cuddles and kisses  :Luv:  :Luv:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2007, 23:20:06 PM »
I'm afraid I've got to the stage where I try not to focus on details too much. I know that might be classed as cowardly, but every time I think it can't get any worse, it does...  :'( The final straw came for me when I asked Battersea how my (now sadly a bridge baby) Twinkle lost her tail when I adopted her from them. They told me that she was rescued by a passer by after some 'children' had cellotaped a firework to her tail and let it off....  :rage: After the anger of hearing that subsided, I figured that I can never get even with these monsters because society wouldn't let me do the same to them.  >:(

All we can hope to do is what Dawn, Ela, Teresa and all the other real heroes do, or if we can't do it ourselves, support them in their work.  ;)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2007, 23:16:12 PM »
I must confess when she contacted me today, I was convinced they were her kittens  :-[  You get so many people ringing up saying they've found some kittens etc etc and you know damn well they are theirs, but you just have to smile sweetly and then curse when they are out of earshot  :evillaugh:  It was only after meeting her and seeing the state of her hands that I realised she had been telling the truth.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2007, 23:01:36 PM »
It seems there are a lot of "ordinary people" who are callous enough to do this kind of thing - although its nothing new as our carpenter said it was a regular occurance to find tied up sacks with kittens or puppies in on the beach when he was young  :'( - There are some evil people around. I'm not religious but I hope hell exists for those guilty of hurting and killing gorgeous innocent animals.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2007, 22:54:04 PM »
Oh, just look at that calico peeping from behind her little black brother or sister!  :Crazy: :Luv:

I like that one as well, I'll try and get a better pic of her when she's settles abit, that one doesn't do her justice  :Luv:  :Luv:

I want, I want!  :cheer:

Your wish is my command, she's yours  :heeee heeee:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2007, 22:51:23 PM »
Oh, just look at that calico peeping from behind her little black brother or sister!  :Crazy: :Luv: Those eyes could conquer continents.  :Luv: :Luv:

They are so pretty!

I want, I want!  :cheer:

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 22:48:59 PM »
Just beautiful Dawn  :Luv:  I hope these babies find the homes they deserve real soon  :)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 22:44:50 PM »
Here's a piccie of the gorgeous babes  :Luv:  :Luv:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 22:27:37 PM »
Not really keen on doing transport runs with kittens unless it's an emergency tbh, it can be far too stressful for them and me as well  :tired: The last few days, I've had 4 ferals, and 2 kittens go out.......and hopefully Nikita and 2 more kittens in a few days.  If desperate, I can sort the stable one's out.  The one's I've got in today are caged at the moment so not too much of a nightmare, it's when they're loose, it's bedlam  :Crazy:  :evillaugh:

I think these little one's have been someone's pets, they have eaten and seem a lot more settled although still unsure.  They are all scrummy so should be homeable fairly quickly  :Luv:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 22:32:11 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

MBll

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 22:18:39 PM »
How bout tryin to setuup a transport run to different areas?  :-:

Just out of curiosity dawn whats your rehoming rate a week?

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 21:01:12 PM »
Poor babes......but these are the lucky one's and it saddens me to think that some just dont get found.....grr i could easily dump the  :censored: who done this  >:(

Hoping these kitties are fine and not too traumatised x

« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 21:41:52 PM by Ruth (Bazsmum) »

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 20:44:03 PM »
Just let me know when the Flintshire massiff is kicking off, and I'll be there to represent the south eastern quadrent  :wow:

Jus' chillin' wid me bredrin, innit..  8)

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 20:07:55 PM »
Oh poor babies what a cruel :censored:to do that to them

MBll

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 20:05:47 PM »
Maybe if a few of you came round and did some catnapping, that would be better  :evillaugh:

Interesting

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 18:42:17 PM »

Maybe a few of us should get together and make a trip to yours to help with all the kitties. Give you a break on litter boxes etc.

Maybe if a few of you came round and did some catnapping, that would be better  :evillaugh:

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 16:23:24 PM »
Oh my goodness!

I'm really glad they're with you now. They'll come around in no time in your care.

Maybe a few of us should get together and make a trip to yours to help with all the kitties. Give you a break on litter boxes etc.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Kittens found dumped in a box in a skip
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 16:18:37 PM »
Just had another 4 kittens in, they were found in box which was taped with duct tape in a skip  :censored:  :censored:  When the lady rang, she said they were feral and thought they came from one of the local farms, she was ripped to shreds by them when she put them into a carrier.   I think they are just very frightened little babies  :'(  They look to be about 8 weeks old, in good health but very frightened but it's no wonder with what they've just been through  :censored:  :censored:  I'll post some piccies later  :Luv:  :Luv:

Link to CatChat