Author Topic: Farm cats / semi-feral cats wanted.  (Read 5945 times)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Re: Farm cats / semi-feral cats wanted.
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 23:42:52 PM »

I have Dawn a PM so hopefully she will be able to help or at least point in the right direction :)

Sorry Sam, this topic went completely out of my head  :-[  There is a lady in Lincolnshire who does rescue and takes in alot of ferals so possibly she may have a couple suitable.  I will try and find her contact details and let you know.

Offline Nick (Peanut & Boo)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2007, 15:08:13 PM »
There is also a pic of the farm where the kitties will have a home ... looks lovely (I think I might apply for the job of farm cat!  :rofl: ).

form an orderly cue here lol :evillaugh:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 19:19:23 PM »

Thanks Ela ... I have passed on your website address and the information so hopefully she will contact you.

I am sure there are many rescues much nearer that have many ferals waiting for a good home, if they can't find one I may be able to guide them in the right direction.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 18:06:18 PM »
Thanks Ela ... I have passed on your website address and the information so hopefully she will contact you.

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 09:06:03 AM »
We always numerous ferals for homing, but we do like to make sure that they are still fed twice a day and that there is always a fresh supply of water, and ask that if at all possible they are treated for fleas and worms on a regular basis, also there needs to be adequate shelter provided. I also know that often people do not realize that when they first take in cats they need to be contained for a period of time, some farmers just seem to assume that if we put ferals on the land they will know that is their new home and stay there.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 23:16:16 PM »
That's a relief. Was just weary when saw the title and then the area. Glad its genuine.

And I hope someone is able to help.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 21:45:41 PM »
I have just read the posters other posts and it is definitely a genuine plea.  There is also a pic of the farm where the kitties will have a home ... looks lovely (I think I might apply for the job of farm cat!  :rofl: ).

I have Dawn a PM so hopefully she will be able to help or at least point in the right direction :)

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 21:35:55 PM »
I agree Sam doesn't look the same. Have ya contacted DD? She is always looking for geniune farms for her ferrels  :Luv:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 21:32:56 PM »
I think this is genuine the poster is not a new member ... they have posted before and I dont think it is "Shane".

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 21:28:53 PM »
Sam this sounds eerily like the Shane thread. Written better but area is close to this too. Do you believe this to be genuine? If so maybe on of the local rescues can help?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Farm cats / semi-feral cats wanted.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 21:17:52 PM »
I have just seen this on the hovel and thought I would cross post onhere ... if anyone has anysuggestions or can help I am happy to pass the info on:

Hi - my father is looking for a couple of semi - feral / farm cats.

He owns an old mill which is on 10 acres of land & about 1/2 mile away from a road! He is over-run with rabbits since the old cat died.

He doesn't actually visit the mill every day but at the minimum every other day. I'm not sure on the recommendations for feeding etc but I know he could ensure that they get fed 1x per day by either him or his brother who owns the neighbouring fields.

Can anyone one offer me any info on taking on feral cats please? I am a complete cat lover but have never dealt with taking on semi - feral moggies! they have always found me & been spoilt rotten.

Anyway my dad is based in Lincolnshire Sleaford area so any suggestions would be fab.

Link to CatChat