Author Topic: Question On The Free Ads  (Read 1253 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Question On The Free Ads
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 22:45:54 PM »
I check them from time to time and send links that I think will be helpful. Sometimes people are glad to get further information, other times you get what I got earlier:

"Thankyou for your concern regarding what i do with my cat, i am very reluctant to part with him, and as such do not need any advice from someone like yourself.

I am far from stupid, and would indeed make sure he didnt go for dog bait or anything else so ridiculously stupid. I would definately make sure that he was re-homed with a loving family.

My advice to you and any other do gooder, would be, please do not interfere in other peoples troubles, this is not an unwanted pet, quite the opposite actually, i am doing this to make sure that he gets the love and attention that he deserves, he has been loved ever since we got him and i want that to carry on, for him to live a long and enjoyable life."

*Ooooo! Handbags at the ready! :-:*

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

ccmacey

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 21:41:36 PM »
I ask various questions when I rehome,

What do you rehome, do you work in rescue?

Offline woowoo

• Senior Cat
    • Four paws pet rescue Cumbria South
  • Slave to: Basil,Fred,Molly,Trevor,Pepe,Mabel, Odin(RIP) and the four dogs.
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 20:47:16 PM »
I ask various questions when I rehome, would be interested to see yours though to see if I could improve in some way. ;)

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 20:19:21 PM »
I tend to just reply to the people who are trying to re-home adult cats as the kitten ones are too upsetting and I don't think I could do any good any way.

I just put that if their cats are un-neutered, they could be targetted to become pet shop litter machines, or if they are neutered they can be used for sport with dogs etc. I just put in a link for CC and tell them to carry out a home visit and say if they want more details then just mail me.

I've had a generally really good response and had people asking for our list of re-homing questions we ask.
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 18:06:04 PM »
From previous rounds on this people try not to look because they cant physically help all of them. And it encourages the repeat offenders not to bother paying to spay the cat as they can always shift the kittens.

MBll

Question On The Free Ads
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 18:03:06 PM »
Just out of  curiosty when you see  an ad for cat/kittens  for 'free'  what  do you do? As in  do you ignore the ad or act on it ...& if you act on it ..what action do you take?   

Do you ignore/act on the free ad if it was for another animal?

Just wondering about this

« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 18:03:51 PM by RatiesRule »

Link to CatChat