Author Topic: Senior Kittizens - adopt a cat, or buy a bag!?!?!?  (Read 1471 times)

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
Re: Senior Kittizens - adopt a cat, or buy a bag!?!?!?
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 20:51:20 PM »
Thanks for the invite Col Sir!  You may indeed find me there to say hello!

Offline Colonel Beau

• Kitten
  • "I've had a broken jaw, you know!"
    • Cat Chat, the Cat Rescue Resource
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 20:49:44 PM »
Splendid, splendid!  I  am most flattered with the comments on my handsomeness, but modesty forbids me to go on about it.  I've had a broken jaw too you know, and I don't like to go on about that either!
We had a visitor the other day to CatChat Towers who commented that he thought I had a 'funny mouth'. A funny mouth? That's a war-wound that is, a trophy of my years of unarmed combat out in the field! Funny mouth indeed, preposterous! (Does that look like a funny mouth to you? No of course it doesn't, distinguished, that's what that is!)

Now here's a very daft thing - if anyone is likely to be in the vicinity of Ramsgate (that's in Kent you know) this weekend, I rather gather that our folks will be attempting to spread the 'Senior Kittizen' message further, and maybe sell a few more bags too from the 'Cat Chat Stall' - at some bally thing down by the sea to do with power boats!  Yes I know, ridiculous isn't it, what on earth have boats to do with cats, never mind, I've given up trying to fathom them. Anyway, I've been instructed to say that they will be flying the Cat Chat flag at the Ramsgate Power Boat Grand Prix on Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th, and if anyone wants to come and say hello that would be very nice. There, that's my duty done!

Senior Kittizens Rock! (between naps)

Distinguished purrs from
Colonel Beau (retired)
xxxx

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline hollihedge

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 20:19:55 PM »
I shall be definitely ordering a bag or two Beau ;D

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 15:36:26 PM »
I ordered mine! Its lovely  :Luv:

Offline lilycat

• Senior Cat
  • Lilycat
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 15:07:09 PM »
I absolutely LOVE the more mature, distinguished kitty!! When I do get adopted by another pusscat, I know he or she will be at least 70....older cats rule  :Luv:

I will also be purchasing one of those rather lovely bags, Colonel.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 13:07:04 PM »
Ahhh Col Sir i have to agree with MM you certainly are kolly handsome  ;) :Luv:

And i have to say these bags are bloomin great i have mine and i can confirm a weeks supply of cat food can fit in them very nicely.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 12:51:46 PM »
Wilf is certainly not as handsome as you Colonel  :Luv:

Offline Colonel Beau

• Kitten
  • "I've had a broken jaw, you know!"
    • Cat Chat, the Cat Rescue Resource
Senior Kittizens - adopt a cat, or buy a bag!?!?!?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 11:53:59 AM »
Hullo and greetings to members of the Purrs Regiment!
Field Marshall Tan has suggested (issued orders in fact) that I should draw everyone's attention to Cat Chat's 'Adopt an Oldie' campaign. Seeing as I'm something of an 'Old Soldier' myself (but not nearly over the hill), I am more than happy to oblige.
As you may know the more senior cats amongst us find it a tad more difficult to get chosen at the jolly old rescue centres when there's all these bally cute kittens running round! Nothing against the little whipper-snappers of course, I was one once apparently (can't remember it though, the old memory's not what it was), but that does mean that in kitten season, all those characterful, mature and quite frankly spiffing Senior Kittizens find it even harder than normal to get chosen for that new home.  So over on the Cat Chat base we've launched a campaign (led by yours truly, naturally) to highlight this completely preposterous situation and pursuade people of the numerous benefits of adopting a mature mog (like me!).
So, if you might consider adopting an oldie, more info can be found at www.catchat.org/seniors.html and if you would like to assist us in spreading the word about adopting an oldie, we have produced a most sturdy and impressive (like me) canvas bag which I am reliably informed can accommodate four weeks supply of cat food plus treats and coley fish.   Ah yes, there it is, that's the bag! Rather jolly isn't it? On sale at the Cat Chat shop of course.  I should point out that the only reason it's not me pictured on the front is that being white, I wouldn't have shown up. Well that was the excuse anyway. Hrrmph! So his name is Wilf apparently. Right then, I must be off, I'm overdue for my mid-morning between-naps nap!
Toodle Pip!
Distunguished Purrs from
Colonel Beau (retired)
xxxx

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 11:55:32 AM by Colonel Beau »

Link to CatChat