Author Topic: Please read, thank you  (Read 2880 times)

Offline Nick (Peanut & Boo)

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Please read, thank you
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2007, 21:12:27 PM »
thats ridiculous. There is nothing on your posts or personal details that has any indication of who employs you. This is entirely your own personal community identity and is used in your personal time.Any views you express here are clearly your own.

They have no right whatsoever to ask you to make this statement . What you do in your personal time is your business .
Its insensitive and heavy handed but some people just cannot stop meddling in others personal affairs. What next ?  are they going to forbid you to go to certain places ? belong to certain clubs ? be seen with certain people who the trustees feel don't share their views or serve their interests.

Ooooooooooh makes me very cross .

Suggest you either put this message at the bottom of your posts as a signature or change your ID Hope this isn't an indication of a breakdown in relations between you and your employers. Hardly a way to create loyalty trust and good moral is it.!?

Offline Sarah (seldom_use)

• Super Cat
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2007, 21:02:25 PM »
Aww MM  :hug:

Seems a bit silly but, I understand too  :bum:  :rofl:

Seriously though - hope everythings ok

xx

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2007, 19:26:49 PM »
Ditto what everyone else said  :hug:

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2007, 19:25:38 PM »
I agree with everyone else and I don't think I've noticed you mentioning that you work for a rescue, so they are making a big fuss out of nothing but preferably should be indebted to you for the work you do for them.   :hug: to you MM.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 19:58:33 PM by Lesley (Eight Lives Left Kitten Rescue) »
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2007, 23:08:46 PM »
I agree, you would be agreat advert for them, but they don't seem to want any publicity. Very odd.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2007, 23:05:35 PM »
Just wanted to echo what others have said, if anything I think you do your workplace / rescue proud  :)  You are a glowing advert for them with your helpful advice and knowledge, which of course is your own opinion entirely and is not in any way connected with rescue X  ;)

:hug:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2007, 22:49:27 PM »
Being a relative newbie here, I still remember clicking to accept this and accept that, and I'm sure that one of the things pointed out to me was that postings are the personal views and advice of the people who posted them. So in essence, anyone posting here has already accepted that. I don't see a need for a statement....  :-:

The forum rules and etiquette do state that posts are the views of the author and that members can decide whether to follow advice or not.

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2007, 22:34:33 PM »
I echo the others.  :hug: MM we all know you are here on your own posting your own opinions.

Whoever you are who is reading this .... think about the cats.  That's it.

My thoughts exactly  :hug: :hug: MM xxxx

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2007, 22:09:53 PM »
Blimey, what's all this about?

Again, not got a clue and sending MM a big hug :grouphug: to say well done for all the work she does - for whichever rescue she does it for!

Red tape gone mad!!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline deniseb90

• Senior Cat
    • Anim-Mates
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2007, 22:06:16 PM »
Oh gawd!  The resuce I volunteer for are only too happy to get their animals "out there" and for people to see what we do - raising the profile of any rescue has got to be a good thing hasn't it?

Anyway Milly's Mum, think you do a fantastic job.

Dx

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2007, 21:59:31 PM »
MM, paid or not what you do in your own time is your own affair, and as long as you don't post anything potentially spurious toward your employer, your employer cannot stop you.

Well, strictly speaking they can ask you to stop doing anything that reduces your ability to do your work effectively (e.g. staying out carousing until an hour before work) or which brings the organisation into disrepute. But that latter clause generally refers to things like police officer working as working girls, or similar.

So yes, they should pull their heads in as there is nothing I have noted of Milly's Mums behaviour that would warrant either assumption. They are over-reaching their position and what is more, have now made us all intensely curious about who it is that MM works for. Not a good strategy on this site I would suggest. They really are being incredibly overly controlling and unreasonable

Offline Lyn-Su

• Senior Cat
  • Fearne
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2007, 21:51:46 PM »
I hereby confirm that you (MM) have made clear to me (Me) that any advice you have given or any views that you have expressed are solely your personal opinions and are not officially sanctioned by the rescue that employs you.

(btw you work for a rescue? I didn't know that, maybe I should pay more attention  :doh:)

Signed:  Me

Please kindly pass this on to the trustees if you so wish, just in case they're not sure we understood :P

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2007, 21:26:36 PM »
Being a relative newbie here, I still remember clicking to accept this and accept that, and I'm sure that one of the things pointed out to me was that postings are the personal views and advice of the people who posted them. So in essence, anyone posting here has already accepted that. I don't see a need for a statement....  :-:

MM, paid or not what you do in your own time is your own affair, and as long as you don't post anything potentially spurious toward your employer, your employer cannot stop you.

Tell 'em to shove off!!  ;) Better still, do a flounce of the highest order, photostat your 'personal bits' and fax it to your boss along with a copy of your solictor's letter to the Court filing for constructive dismissal.   :evillaugh:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2007, 21:11:30 PM »
I echo the others.  :hug: MM we all know you are here on your own posting your own opinions.

Whoever you are who is reading this .... think about the cats.  That's it.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2007, 20:32:18 PM »
I wonder if all trustees of all charities realise that, when employees and supporters post on a forum like this about individual needy cases, this often results in other forum members giving donations to the charity concerned?

I could probably come up with some concrete examples...
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2007, 20:28:20 PM »
I assume that someone from this charity is a member on this site and acting like Big Brother, well if they are  :censored: crawl back into your hole and leave poor MM alone cos all she does is give us good advice .

I am sorry they are treating you like this and assume that kind of threat has come to you from them MM, cos its a daft post to  have to make as I dont think anyone here knows who you work for  :hug: :hug: :hug:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 20:33:51 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2007, 20:25:53 PM »

I think I get the picture!  But I've always taken your posts to be your own personal opinion - you've never claimed otherwise so it's a shame if some jobsworth has decided to get funny about it  >:(  On forums I'd always assume a post was the personal opinion of the poster unless they specify otherwise (eg ela sometimes mentions official CP policy).

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2007, 20:12:44 PM »
MM :hug:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2007, 20:12:09 PM »
MM   :hug:

Dont know whats "going down" but i cant think of any examples where you have said much if anything to do with your job,  Shame they have asked you to do this..they should be happy you show a love and interest in cats outside of your day job  ;)

I do hope no one has been causing any hassle for you hun XXX

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2007, 19:47:55 PM »
How stupid some people can be.  I have a feeling this may be the same one that told my mum that if she adopted a cat from them, she would have to keep it inside for 8 weeks and all doors and windows to be kept closed at all times.

I would find another rescue to help who might appreciate what you do - although you are there for the cats not this officious b  :censored: d

officious - intrusive in a meddling or offensive manner; "an interfering old woman"; "bustling about self-importantly making an officious nuisance of himself"; "busy about other people's business.  :evillaugh:

DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2007, 19:31:48 PM »
Always knew hun you were a member here under your own name and not under the rescues name so any posts were the lovely you (the real you) and not the rescue.  :Luv:
Shame they have asked you to post that even under a private personal account.  British rules!!!! The nany state here we come hey!!  :innocent:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 19:10:14 PM »
Im not sure im supposed to add anything else Rosella, and i didnt think people would understand it. Im just posting what i have been asked to.  :shy:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 18:53:40 PM »
Well I've read this Millys Mum but no idea who the charity is that employs you or why you have been asked to post this message so can't see the point of the message really.

Do you need a  :hug: ? Coz there's one if you do  :hug: Ooh and another!

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 18:53:17 PM »
Fair do's MM.
Please spay your cat

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 18:50:15 PM »
Since you are not posting on their letterhead, I think we all understood that. Hope they are not too shirty with you. Not a necessary statement.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Please read, thank you
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 18:38:12 PM »
I have been asked to post this:
The Trustees of the Charity have asked me to make it clear that any advice i have given or any views that i have expressed are solely my personal opinions and are not officially sanctioned by the rescue that employs me.

Link to CatChat