Author Topic: Zenophobia  (Read 1211 times)

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
Re: Zenophobia
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 22:02:59 PM »
I pointed to the furball and said "That's a furball" She said "Oh, I wouldn't worry about that. He does it all the time."  :rofl: :rofl:

On the way out, I told her to get some Defurum. I said maybe her new neighbours could give her a lift to the vets...  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Zenophobia
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 21:32:10 PM »
Oh my  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Didnt you ask them what that sticky lump was on floor?  8)

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
Zenophobia
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 21:30:06 PM »
Earlier this week, as a result of manning the CP branch phone, I volunteered myself to go and check out a report of an abandoned moggy.

Someone, whose name was very probably Mrs Ponsonby Mole-Strangler, was frantically calling every rescue in 4 counties trying to get someone to remove her previous neighbour's cat from the clutches of her new neighbours. These include some AFTER I had agreed to do a site visit and promised I would take care of moggy's welfare!  >:( Mrs Mole-Strangler's previous neighbour had done the dirty on puss and had moved out leaving her there. New people took over the house the next day and found moggy all alone... But they where brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! They had gone out and bought food. They had given moggy full access to her old house, and would have loved to have kept her save for the fact they had a dog in kennels that needed to join them. So, they had rung round all their pals and found moggy a new home. She's going to join her new meowmy in a week's time.

So... I went back to Mrs Mole-Strangler. She gave me a cup of tea and I was introduced to Archie - her very hairy semi-Persian. Archie, i was told, came via Lord Whisky's rescue. I sad to her I felt moggy was in v. good hands and not to worry. Mrs Mole-Strangler was having none of that. I asked her to list her concerns so I could address them one by one. Apart from the fact the new neighbours had brought a skip into the road, had cut back bushes and trees, etc... in desparation she said "but they're Turkish"  :rofl:

I fought so hard to keep my temper (as well as not laugh), that I had to look down to the floor - where upon Archie Ponsonby Mole-Strangler yakked up the biggest furball I've ever seen!!  :rofl: :rofl:

I said to the old dear "What do you give him for furball?" She replied "What's furball?"  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Link to CatChat