Author Topic: Can ya help? - Urgent Cat Food parcel for Eight lives Left Rescue  (Read 5956 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Can ya help? - Urgent Cat Food parcel for Eight lives Left Rescue
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2011, 13:58:46 PM »
That's not good  :shy: Have you tried using the 'contact us' form on their website rather than regular email?

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2011, 12:07:49 PM »
I think you musr live in a different part of the world(i'm in Chelmsford) i received an order from PAH,minus the bags of litter+Sheba foil trays squashed flat. Have sent 3 emails and still not had an answer.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2011, 11:19:38 AM »
Thanks to the awful customer service with Viovet where we placed the wet food order , there is still a delay but we have now cancelled and reordered through the wonderful Pets At Home.

Fud on it's way hun

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks you so much to all who have helped

:thanks: :hug: :hug:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2011, 13:53:54 PM »
Looks like there is a bit of a delay with the felix order but it should be with you next week hun

T
hank you for your recent order with VioVet. This email is just to let you know that we have been let down by our suppliers for the following item(s) in your order:

Felix - Mixed Jelly Pouches - Fish Selection » 48 x 100g Wet Cat Food

The item(s) are out of stock with our suppliers at the moment, but we have been told that they due in with us in the next few days. We will do our best to keep you informed of any further delays or updates to your order, should they occur.

Your order will remain active and will be dispatched as soon as the stock becomes available unless you say otherwise, so please contact us as soon as you can if you wish to change anything related to this order.

We are very sorry for the delay and any problems caused by this.

Glad the dry has arrived  ;D ;D ;D

Loads of love coming over  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2011, 06:56:29 AM »
Now all you need is a lot of help cleaning the litter trays  :rofl:

Take Care  :hug:

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2011, 14:29:48 PM »
The first food parcel has just arrived, 20kgs of dry food so all the kitties here would like to give a big  :grouphug: to their Purrs family. :thanks:
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2011, 14:48:51 PM »
 :thanks: Ann  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2011, 22:38:35 PM »
Thanks Sam will do that x

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2011, 21:13:08 PM »
Have only just caught up with this as I'm not on so much at the mo but would still like to donate if it's not too late. Well done to all who have helped  xx

Ann you can donate directly to eight lives rescue via paypal donations -  eightlivesleft.kittenrescue@ntlworld.com

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2011, 19:46:49 PM »
Have only just caught up with this as I'm not on so much at the mo but would still like to donate if it's not too late. Well done to all who have helped  xx

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2011, 18:04:42 PM »
Thats brilliant, you are all fantastic.

I didn't donate on here as I will go down there in the next week or so.(after payday).

I rehomed My 2 from Lesley, and they are very proud of everyone for supporting their Aunty Lesley.

Nicky

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2011, 17:11:44 PM »
That's one of the reasons I stay on Purrs ... you guys are all fantastic.  Thank you everyone who have helped out xxxx

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2011, 16:51:44 PM »
wow!

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2011, 15:11:46 PM »
Thank you so much for your donations for the little one's At Lesley's Eight lives Rescue.

We have sent them over today and yesterday
1056 pouches of Wet food
20KG of Dry food
£560
and loads of love and hugs  :hug: :hug:

Thank you all so very very much from the bottom of my heart.

We are very proud to support Lesley and her rescue for as long as she and the little rescues in her loving care need us.

Once again Purrs peeps you have done it :)  It's why Purrs is here and you are all  da best :ahh: :catlove:

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2011, 21:46:02 PM »
Definitely doesn't feel wrong to us Lesley hun :hug:  if we can help you out a bit by doing things like this which helps in turn ease the pressures elsewhere then we are happy to do so as are those above.

I know this is a really difficult time for you just now and you are struggling with it.... let us help you through for now :hug: :hug:
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2011, 22:58:55 PM »
Don't feel guilty Lesley ..... Like Tan says, all the rescues are important to us but every now and then 1 of you guys needs a little extra helping hand and that's when we all pull together and offer that "methaphorical hand".   :hug:

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2011, 22:41:40 PM »
have donated x
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2011, 22:02:49 PM »
I was going to post earlier but then a cat sat half on my laptop and half on lap. Giving her a stroke reminded me how lucky she is and how much I love her. Not all cats get that chance to be loved, but some are lucky to have found you, they are lucky to be helped by you. You can;t take the journey further but you still have fifty cats that need you.

The decision you have made is not easy. The feelings you are having must hurt. You are not failure and you could never be a failure.

You can decide you need to close your doors but you can't tell me what to you with my money. :evillaugh: If I was rich I would send more (where is that lottery win!!) but I am not! I have paypalled directly to you and hope every little helps you to help those cats you still have in your care.

Sometimes you just have to listen to those around you.

Lots of love

Si, Ella and Effie
x

« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 22:43:42 PM by Ella and Effie »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 20:46:48 PM »
Lesley, on a practical note maybe you could contact other local rescues advising them that you are not taking in any new cats so that they stop giving your number out. You could also pop a note on your website appealing for homes and explaining that you won't be able to accept any new cases in  :hug:

Offline StreetKatzRescue

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 20:40:23 PM »
Hi Lesley

Doing rescue work is really tough.  We all have too many cats and too few homes and those of us, like you and me, live and breathe it 24/7.  Like Theresa says, debts continue to mount daily and yet it is so hard to say no when the alternative is so much worse.  Accept the help Tan has offered and don't feel bad.  You have had lots of personal stuff recently and yet you have kept going so for goodness sake just polish that halo, girl,  :Luv: You is a star!!

If you are really stuffed, we are not so far away and perhaps we can help.  PM me if you want.

Hugs

Kate

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 19:32:36 PM »
The other posters are right Lesley.  Please don't feel guilty about accepting help.   :hug:  Anyone who has read of your wonderful work knows that the decision to close your doors is not one that has been taken lightly.  You're not giving up - you've been forced into submission and most of us can't begin to imagine the burden you have been carrying - and must still be carrying.

I'm more than happy to make a donation - that bit is easy.  You are the one doing the hard work and making the hard decisions.  You have around 50 cats still needing your care and that makes you rescue whether your doors are closed or not.

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 19:16:29 PM »
just a thought but if you know someone who can get to a wholesalers the money goes much further. i am willing to get some food but am unsure whether you are close enough for me to help?

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 19:10:18 PM »
Don't feel bad, don't say it doesn't feel right just accept that people want to help you out. :)

I could say a lot but I'm sure it would come out wrong and cause possible upset as I'm not very coherent at the moment.  Please accept the donations in the spirit they are meant.  There is no need for you to feel guilty or bad about it - if people don't want to donate then they won't. :)

*hugs*

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 18:44:30 PM »
Lesley
As a one man battling bander can I say that this feels very right to me :hug: and I am so pleased that Tan is doing this.
You know that rescue is one of those things that just doesnt stop, 50 cats are hard to find homes for, debts continue to mount daily. There are many people who want to show their support and respect for all you have achieved, myself included.Lesley whether your doors stay closed forever or just until things pick up is your decision but its time we all showed our support and took time to Thank you for the terrific work you have done to date  :hug: :hug:

Can only echo Teresa's thoughts, have sent a donation over to the fund  :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 13:27:16 PM »
Lesley
As a one man battling bander can I say that this feels very right to me :hug: and I am so pleased that Tan is doing this.
You know that rescue is one of those things that just doesnt stop, 50 cats are hard to find homes for, debts continue to mount daily. There are many people who want to show their support and respect for all you have achieved, myself included.Lesley whether your doors stay closed forever or just until things pick up is your decision but its time we all showed our support and took time to Thank you for the terrific work you have done to date  :hug: :hug:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 13:22:24 PM »
Les hun you still have 50 babes there needing your love and care. You deserve it hun for all you lovingly do, They deserve it.

Yeap ya right, all the rescues deserve it, you all have my heart and always will  :Luv: I will always mean that. We try help a little bit extra any of the rescue's out when in urgent need.
 :hug:

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 13:11:12 PM »
Thanks Tan but this does not feel right.  I am closing my doors when the other one man banders are battling on - they should be getting the support from Purrs not me.
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
Can ya help? - Urgent Cat Food parcel for Eight lives Left Rescue
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 13:02:25 PM »
Hi Hunnies

One of our wonderful loving cat rescue on Purrs is in trouble and needs some help. Can ya help us help Eight lives left Cat & Kitten rescue?
We are collecting donations to send a cat food parcel over to Lesley at Eight Lives Left Rescue also with some funds. If you would like to help, please pop a donation through our donation button and a note saying for "Eight Lives left help" 
Or direct to Eight lives left rescue vis paypal donations -  eightlivesleft.kittenrescue@ntlworld.com

I will let you know what we have raised and what we are sending over to Eight lives.

A bit about Lesley and her rescue Eight Lives left Cat & Kitten Rescue....
Eight Lives Left Kitten Rescue was formed following the unsuccessful handrearing of a very young kitten called "Georgie", a little tabby girl who had been abandoned with her sister outside a local veterinary surgery.  Unfortunately, her sister did not survive past the first 24 hours.

Georgie had sustained damage to one of her eyes and, despite six weeks of intensive nursing, the infection finally took over and she had to put to sleep.

I was distraught and vowed that I would not rear any more kittens as it was too heartbreaking.  However, two weeks later two kittens were brought to the Veterinary Hospital I worked at suffering with suspected cowpox virus.  They were brothers, both tabbies like Georgie and her sister, and one had a badly damaged eye, the same eye as Georgie.
So "George" joined our lives and Eight Lives Left Kitten Rescue was born.

Please take a look at this link - http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,10035.msg163939.html#msg163939
Eight lives web site is here - www.eightlivesleftkittenrescue.co.uk

I just wanted to add that i have personally been to Lesley's rescue to adopt my wonderful Marl. Lesley is fantastic and she is sooo dedicated, caring and such a warm hearted woman. She loves the cats so much and does all she can.  I am very very pround to know her and support her in all she does.   

The following babes are just a tiny few that Leslie has saved and loved through her rescue...

If you can help Lesley and the little one's in her care (50 rescue cats at the moment)  at this tough time for her Rescue that would be soo wonderful  :thanks: :hug: :hug:

« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 13:30:56 PM by Tan »

Link to CatChat