Author Topic: Covcats - Laura and Ashley  (Read 2398 times)

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
Re: Covcats - Laura and Ashley
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 17:42:14 PM »
oh Angie it must make your blood boil! :Crazy:
great article at least!- just need to find the right people now then, Its such a shame for those two kittens, It seems to be once they get past the cute im tiny and fluffy stage and the question of neutering etc comes up, people dump their cats as quick as they can!
Im overwhelmed by it all tbh- Our Georgia is delighfull (probably very lucky in she seems to be the perfect kitten :Luv2:) but she uses the litter tray from day one, doesnt have accicdents etc and wants to cuddle up play or sleep, shes a lot better to cope with than toddlers thats for sure :Crazy:
i thought neutering before must be really expnsive about £150 or something so id prepared for a big bill, i was gobsmacked when i found out the price of it, there is no need at for this behaviour from people :(

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 17:29:32 PM »
It was in our local paper and I've been innudated with calls, however must of them are not suitable - the worst being a young man who didn't speak very well and got into an argument with his girlfriend over a pint of milk while on the phone and then just put the phone down on me.  :scared:

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/2011/02/15/kittens-dumped-at-arena-park-in-coventry-92746-28173005/

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 14:53:18 PM »
What beautiful little girls  :Luv2: Hope they find a fab home soon  :hug:

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 13:48:35 PM »
What beautiful cats. Hope you find them a forever home soon. 

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 22:46:54 PM »
Its terrible, Kittens are to be loved and cherished like you would your own child-not chucked out when you get bored! i cant believe so many people do this here, we are soposed to be a nation of petlovers but seeing this makes me sooo angry with the people here that do this!

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 14:00:22 PM »
I just can't understand the mentality of these people,they need putting in a sack and put some where without food or water! >:(

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 15:18:22 PM »
So glad they are safe with you now and hope they find their forever home soon.

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
Covcats - Laura and Ashley
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 13:19:49 PM »

These two five month old female kittens were dumped in Coventry and are now with us. There is an increasing amount of this going on in this area and we need to try and stop it.
At 5 months old these little girls are old enough to get pregnant. They are both very timid as they have not been handled properly and had we not taken them in, then this summer would have had their first litter of kittens and the whole sage of misery we had to cope with last year with sick and dying kittens would have started again…

No doubt acquired as christmas presents for some badly behaved children, these two will now need a quiet home with understanding owners who will have the time to bring them on.

This follows on from some taken in by the RSPCA

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/2011/02/09/rspca-hits-out-at-astonishing-cruelty-to-cats-in-nuneaton-and-coventry-92746-28141743/

Link to CatChat