Author Topic: Understanding CAT fosterer Needed please from 1st MARCH  (Read 2107 times)

Offline KumfyKatz

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: SweetiePie, WackyMac, and many others LOL
Re: Understanding CAT fosterer Needed please from 1st MARCH
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 13:38:45 PM »
Thanks Sue for cross posting...

We're still looking for someone to help us with this.

anyone?

Gil xx

Offline suecav

• Adult Cat
  • OSCAR (R.I.P.) xxx
  • Slave to: Paolo and Murphy
Understanding CAT fosterer Needed please from 1st MARCH
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 10:23:56 AM »
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right section so please feel free to move it if needed.

Crossposted from Cat Chat.
http://www.catchat.org/discus/messages/17/383174.html?1296986782

We are expecting two female House-cats from a cruelty Case on the 1st March 2011, coming to us via the Local Authorities.

Both have suffered mental cruelty, but otherwise are fit and healthy, so we understand.
1 will be recently spayed, both will need worming and de-flea-ing, both will eventually need their jabs. Both will need feeding up with a proprietary cat food (had human food/scraps previously) which we will provide.

Ideally the Fosterer will be in the Basingstoke (Kempshott/Hatch Warren), Yateley, Fleet, Farnborough (Cove/Pystock), Crowthorne, Bracknell (Harmans Water), Frimley (Camberley), or Wokingham areas to be near the vets we use.

Both need lots of love, and careful handling, and confidence-building especially around Humans.

Neither have experience of other animals apart from cats in the home environment, no dogs or small furries, and preferable no children, but someone who is at home for the best part of the day, or works from home.

A Homecheck will be done, and a Fostering agreement will need to be filled in and signed. We will provide 24/7 support if needed, all food, vet care and some requisites. all you need supply is lots of love, patience and understanding!

Call 07590 495086, PM, or email info@kumfykatzrescue.co.uk

Further info:-

We have little details, all we have is they are both females, 1 spayed now, 1 not (but will be before going to Foster Home). We could accept a Foster from further afield, but not too far, cos we'd have to set up an account with a new vet, and with us only being a small-ish rescue, not many vets that willing unfortunately. We "think" they get on with other cats, but are a pair (been raised together, but not siblings) so not sure how they'd react to a "foreigner".
We would prefer for the Fosterer to be either at home for best part of day, or a homeworker.

Further info:-

We're getting info in dribs and drabs at the moment, so rather to err on the side of caution etc...
Latest is:
1 female cat approx 2.5 years old, all black DSH neutered moggie.
1 female cat, approx 18 months old, DLH (possibly Maine Coon X) grey mottled colour, entire.

I asked today for more info, cos I needed more info to be able to find them a foster home from the 1st March. Fortunately the Policelady I spoke to knew something about cats!

Link to CatChat