Author Topic: Lucky trap - cat caught in matter of hours again.  (Read 2140 times)

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
Re: Lucky trap - cat caught in matter of hours again.
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 15:56:50 PM »
Great news!  ;D

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2011, 18:27:57 PM »
Well done all at Canterbury CP for getting kitty to safety and Rolvenden Rescue for taking her in.  ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 13:06:42 PM »
She has been MOTd and had a tooth out. She has tested negative for FIV/FeLV  :) -  She is fully feral. Apparently already spayed. It was looking like she was going to have to go back but Angela managed to get her a place at Rolvenden Rescue. She is staying at the vets tonight and off to her new country residence tomorrow   ;D

Another kitty safe & sound  ;D

http://rolvenden.org.uk/cats/?page_id=41
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 13:08:45 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 01:37:36 AM »
I had a chat with Angela this evening. Sounds like an out and out feral to me.  :innocent: We are hoping for the best but also preparing for the worst. Puss has a very bad mouth I was told. We are FIV testing as she's a prime candidate.  :(

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 21:04:56 PM »
Glad she's been caught, just hope that she calms down tomorrow and it's just the stress of bring trapped that made her go wild.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 18:57:11 PM »
Sharon just phoned me. The cat went ballistic at the vets  :(. They are going to sedate her tomorrow and check her over.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 18:45:33 PM »
I hope the cat is nice and friendly and can be sorted by the vets  :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Lucky trap - cat caught in matter of hours again.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 18:24:35 PM »
Some may have seen me mention a cat last September that was reported hanging around a Little Chef in Dunkirk (Near Faversham) - I went there but the manager of the Little Chef said he hadn't seen it for ages. There is a huge wood behind and it would have been hard to get. He never phoned again until this week we had a call. I dropped a trap off and showed 2 of the staff how to work it along with 2 carrier bags of food in case it took a while. Anyway, I was just having a lie down with Laz and missed the phone - it was Angela saying the cat had walked in the trap already  ;D - She has gone to collect it and take it to the vet. Apparently it had been limping. We are hoping it is tame enough to rehome as apparently it has been walking funny for a while - either RTA or Arthritis  :( - If it can't be treated and is feral, there aren't many choices (although we could ask Rhodes Minnis again if it can stay in their sanctuary) but ideally, it can be rehomed - the women said it allows them to stroke it so fingers crossed.......

I just said to Sharon it is a lucky trap as only 3 weeks ago I dropped it of to someone and a cat was in it in under 2 hours  :evillaugh:

Link to CatChat