Author Topic: What advice would you give?  (Read 1646 times)

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
Re: What advice would you give?
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 19:32:22 PM »
Well that's what i've told her to do I've said to go to a vets which is a little way away from where she lives and lie and say that she's tried everything she can do to try and find the owners but she can't. Hopefully the vets will be able to find her a space...
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 19:10:45 PM »
cats that wander go missing all the time.....

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 19:10:14 PM »
Poor cat  :'(

If it was here, I would advise spiriting the cat away. We did a similar thing for a lady who reported her BSB neighbour who used cats for litter after litter before them disappearing. Officially the cat was a stray  ;) - not sure if the same can be done in Ireland if there is nowhere for the poor cat to go. These people make me so angry and I wish them all the pain back they cause  >:(
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
What advice would you give?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 18:56:02 PM »
Ok i've posted about this person before who I know through another forum.

Her neighbours down the road 'own' a female cat who regularly visits her. She's out in all weathers and isn't fed very well. She's around 2 and a half years old and is now pregnant for the fourth time. The third pregnancy didn't go full term and the litter before that disappeared after about 4 weeks (i'd gotten her to give them shelter in a shed and feed them etc.) Obviously it's the 'owners' fault, but the lady online is now going to take the cat to the vets and leave her there.

I've asked her to spay her but she's very reluctant to do that as the 'owners' are quite rough. What does she think will happen - that she'll suddenly stop getting pregnant!!!!!!!!

I don't really know what else to advise as she's in Ireland and there seems to be no provision for rescues over there - it seems like animals get an even rougher deal there. All i've said is that she'll die at some point if she continues to live like that, but if she gets dumped on a vets she may not find a rescue space.....

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Link to CatChat