Author Topic: Cats needing homes through Animal Lifeline  (Read 17959 times)

Offline Catwoman29

• Kitten
Re: Very Urgent 50 kittens endanger of being drowned
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2010, 14:24:42 PM »
I foster for Caring For Cats but take cats and kittens in off my own back aswell and re-home.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2010, 14:16:44 PM »
Have pmed you Cat woman.

What rescue do you represent please

Offline Catwoman29

• Kitten
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2010, 14:04:20 PM »
Just to re-assure people and to let people know this is not a scam. I have taken 30 kittens so far from Ireland that would not be alive had I not. I have been rescuing for over 4 years with the full support of my vet and registered charities. Had there been placements for the kittens in Ireland the lady sending them to the UK would not have done so! Better a live kitten travelling here than adead one over there. The ones I have taken are delightful and if I wasn't full to the brim with other rescue cats I would be taking more!!!
Well done Kelly for your support with this, without people like you these kittens would not be given a chance.
Cathy in Ireland has my full support as does Kelly. 

Offline Becksies

• Adult Cat
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2010, 13:27:03 PM »
Oh gosh...I made the mistake of going onto mayo spca's website and looking at the cruelty cases...seriously shocked from those pictures.

They obviously do a great service there!

Oh...forget that, completely different rescue centre...even so, they do a great job by the looks of them.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 13:31:36 PM by Becksies »

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2010, 13:16:52 PM »
Just wanted to give a big hug to Kelly-Joy.  :hug: :hug: :hug: :)

In the past I have seen similar so called urgent appeals from other sources, sometimes from Ireland, sometimes from Wales. A person with a kind heart would naturally want to leap to help. Kelly-Joy has a kind heart.  :naughty: However... in the past a few of these appeals have been a little dubious to say the least.  :shify:

Trouble is with so many people involved the potential for crossed wires is enormous.  :doh: So I think it helps to hear straight from the horse so to speak.  ;) I am sure Purrs staff can do the necessary digging in private and offlist and will be happy to report back.  :naughty:

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2010, 13:15:10 PM »
thanks pmd you back Cathy O'Hora the rescue lady has posted on there now so hopefully all this rubbish will stop

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2010, 13:07:23 PM »
Kelly Joy I am pming you please look for it

Offline Becksies

• Adult Cat
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2010, 12:24:19 PM »
 :(

Wish I could help.

I've barely done any work today, just keep refreshing these pages hoping for news...not like me to get this emotional/distressed either.

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2010, 12:11:29 PM »
Angie am I allowed to post personal emails and numbers without the persons constant? I thought you weren't allowed?

I have phoned the lady over here who was dealing with them and claims to have taken 30 already and she said to send the link to the thread which I have and she would read and reply to make it clear it was true and also she would phone the lady in the rescue over there to do the same so I am just waiting for them to do that.  I just left a message again telling her that she really needs to come on and sort this out because its getting out of hand but there really isn't anything else I can do.:(  It just doesn't make sense to lie either they aren't getting anything to bring them over here, they have transport sorted out to get them here sorted already too, so what would they gain by lairing I just don't get it. 
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 12:14:12 PM by kelly-joy »

Offline Pinball

• Adult Cat
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2010, 11:26:05 AM »
Trust me, this is not just a couple of phone calls that have been placed. People are still trying to get to the bottom of this but it would be so much easier if Kelly were to disclose her source or the location of those kittens.

Update. The alleged rescue at the heart of this in Ireland has been contacted and the contact that was given doesn't exit. Could be a clerical error. Someone is again trying to get to the bottom of this. Lots of bottoms in this lol

i wouldnt believe that within 3 phonecalls anyone, however well placed, could claim to have found out what information has been passed to every rescue in ireland without any doubt.  :Crazy: ive not read the whole thread but there does seem to be alot of gun jumping
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 11:55:17 AM by Pinball »

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2010, 11:19:09 AM »
i wouldnt believe that within 3 phonecalls anyone, however well placed, could claim to have found out what information has been passed to every rescue in ireland without any doubt.  :Crazy: ive not read the whole thread but there does seem to be alot of gun jumping

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2010, 11:10:39 AM »
kelly, i think the best thing for you to do now is to publish the details of your source.
i have just read the whole thread (or that bit not deleted) and with all the local offers of homes and the larger charities having no knowledge think this is the only course of action open to you to protect the reputation of not only yourself but ALUK.

It is very upsetting when you or your rescue get accused of something - i guess we have all been there to one degree or another but when faced with this you just have to be honest and give all the details. charities (and those hoping to register) must be seen as whiter than white, more so small ones.

Offline Becksies

• Adult Cat
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2010, 11:02:41 AM »
Hi Kelly,

Sorry I didnt mean to sound like I was doubing you, or that I believe what they are saying, I was just concerned that you seemed to disappear  on ALUK and here after what had been said and it did arouse my suspicions (although it doesnt take much to do that).

My offer for help still stands, but PLEASE keep me informed, I am terribly worried for these kittens.

Rebecca

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2010, 10:49:15 AM »
The rescue in Ireland and the lady who is dealing them over here are going to be posting on the site soon. All I can say its not a lie, I so wish it was. and everyone that knows me knows that I wouldn't do any of the horrible things that are being said on that site about me. I am deeply upset about it all to be honest and shocked to say the least. I have also removed my replies from the site because no one was reading what I was actaully saying and jumping to their own views on it all.

I will also just say I would NEVER EVER!!! make an animal travel so far without there being an Urgent need to do so.

Offline Becksies

• Adult Cat
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2010, 10:40:26 AM »
I read the post on the other forum from start to finish and am very concerned about this, I dont want my money back - I do wish it to go towards helping some animals at least, but would like some clarification on what is actually going on.

Dont mean that to sound arsey, im just concerned for the kittens (if they exist) and feel like we all should have every right to feel that way.

Offline Pinball

• Adult Cat
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2010, 09:51:06 AM »
Right just got off the phone to the lady dealing with them they are in west Ireland and they are a branch of the SPCA over there.

There are a lot more then first thought. A lot of these kittens are being thrown out to fend for themselves or will be drowned so they have been told if they don't collect they have no room for them and that is why they have asked for our help. Many have sadly already been drowned 30 have been taken by the lady dealing with them over here already and they are all doing well.

No kitten that is unwell will be transported over and they will have their 1st Vacs be wormed and strong hold before they come over.

They will dock at holly head if I got that right, they will need cat carriers and the clip on water bowls so if anyone can help with those please let me know.

First lot will arrive on Friday next week. if we can get everything sorted.

I think we have enough rescue places now but will let you know if we need more.
We have been asked to help with the following if anyone can help please pm me or email me at kelly-joy@animallifelineuk.org

There are over 50 kittens in Ireland that will be drowned if they stay there. Ireland is in a huge recession and cats are considered less important than vermin.Sadly many have already been drowned, we can't help them but we do have a chance of helping these. If each rescue just took a couple I am sure we could get them all placements over here. The Kittens are all no older than 14 weeks and some are so young they shouldn't even be away from their mothers:(

Other ways you can help

1.If anyone can spare any funds to help these kittens please paypal to donations@animallifelineuk.org please put it as a gift and put a note to say that it is for these kittens and we will make sure that every penny is shared out to the rescues that will be taking these kittens.

2.If anyone can foster any please let us know so we can let rescues that don't have any spaces themselves but could be back up in foster places are found know.

3. If anyone can help with transport to get these kittens to the rescues and foster places please let me know.

I don't have all the facts such as where they will be coming from but will update as soon as I do.

Rescues placements found for possibly 20 to 25 already:)

Not sure what your rules are about posting to other forums but some interesting information is coming to light re the alleged plight of these kittens. Phonecalls to Irish rescues have shown that they are not aware of the issue, so Kelly's information that all avenues in Ireland have been pursued and shipment of the kittens to the UK (with your donation) is the last resort is clearly not true.

http://www.petforums.co.uk/cat-chat/131783-very-urgent-50-kittens-endanger-being-drowned-9.html#post1964436
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 10:16:06 AM by Pinball, Reason: Inserting quotes »

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2010, 20:21:56 PM »
No worries Kelly *hug* I just wanted to make sure you got it because I want to help if I can :)

Its good news that you've had a high response, just a pain you've got loads of emails to go through and reply to
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2010, 20:10:32 PM »
Sorry I can't remember. I have loads to reply to yet as well and I am really really really sorry if I haven't got round to replying to any ones yet. All emails have been replied to now as have forwarded a load to other Animal Lifeline UK staff member's. I am totally knackered now have not stopped all day. Had nothing to eat yet either. I am off to have a bath, get some tea and them going to crash. I promise to try and get round to everyone's pms tomorrow. I really am sorry if I haven't replied yet.

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2010, 20:06:18 PM »
Did you get my PM Kelly?
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2010, 20:00:11 PM »
Right just got off the phone to the lady dealing with them they are in west Ireland and they are a branch of the SPCA over there.

There are a lot more then first thought. A lot of these kittens are being thrown out to fend for themselves or will be drowned so they have been told if they don't collect they have no room for them and that is why they have asked for our help. Many have sadly already been drowned 30 have been taken by the lady dealing with them over here already and they are all doing well.

No kitten that is unwell will be transported over and they will have their 1st Vacs be wormed and strong hold before they come over.

They will dock at holly head if I got that right, they will need cat carriers and the clip on water bowls so if anyone can help with those please let me know.

First lot will arrive on Friday next week. if we can get everything sorted.

I think we have enough rescue places now but will let you know if we need more.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2010, 18:09:23 PM »
So hope all have placements and well done for helping to publicize Kelly  :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2010, 17:35:22 PM »
Are there no laws in Ireland to protect these poor kittens?

Surely if someone threatened to drown kittens here, they would hopefully have the RSPCA on their case  >:(
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Jeanie

• Kitten
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2010, 16:52:11 PM »
Glad to hear that thanks.

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2010, 16:36:16 PM »
What a sad situation, I hope that they are all saved.  Please keep us updated Kelly
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2010, 16:34:15 PM »
Thanks everyone I think we may have enough rescues placements now but I will be sure to let you know if we need more ;D

Offline Jeanie

• Kitten
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2010, 16:32:07 PM »
If any tabby boys let me know and I could foster if need some help. Hope this gets resolved and wish I could drive as I would do more to help.

It's about time some sort of legal requirement was brought in so that there are only reputable licenced breeders of cats and all are otherwise compulsory neutered or spayed. Supose it would be hard to govern though.

:-:  :( :-:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2010, 14:42:18 PM »
We can take a couple here and happy to provide backup re vets etc = all costs will be covered by us if we can help
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Millies mum

• Senior Cat
  • ice baby
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2010, 12:47:50 PM »
OMG this is so sad I can take a couple of babies if needed for fostering  :'(

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 12:03:59 PM »
what sort of time line are you working to Kelly?  How long have these little ones got?
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 11:26:54 AM »
yes please I trying to cover everywhere but sadly there is only 1 of me so haven't got round to posting everywhere so please please do post on our sites to try to help :thanks: :hug:

Offline Becksies

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 11:16:05 AM »
I completely agree with you there!!

Some people shouldnt be allowed cats, and there are others that although they mean well should consider the commitment it takes before taking them on.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 11:15:04 AM »
There are no words. I'm losing faith in humanity more and more; that's something I never wanted to happen.
:(

Have posted on Facebook - I set up a Twitter account for Nicky (Blackpool Cats in Care) - do you want me to "tweet?"

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 11:02:27 AM »
I nearly fell off my chair this morning when I open the email and when I got off the phone to the lady trying so hard to save these kittens I nearly cried myself, but didn't otherwise I won't be able to sort this, I will when they are safe though I always do, there are some really horrible people in the world, if people got their cats neutered then their wouldn't be such a huge problem  :'(
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 11:03:27 AM by kelly-joy »

Offline Becksies

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 10:52:45 AM »
Think I'm getting soppier the older I get as that post almost had me in tears :(

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 10:51:01 AM »
 :thanks: :hug:

Offline Becksies

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 10:49:08 AM »
PM Sent.

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
Cats needing homes through Animal Lifeline
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 10:42:37 AM »
We have been asked to help with the following if anyone can help please pm me or email me at kelly-joy@animallifelineuk.org

There are over 50 kittens in Ireland that will be drowned if they stay there. Ireland is in a huge recession and cats are considered less important than vermin.Sadly many have already been drowned, we can't help them but we do have a chance of helping these. If each rescue just took a couple I am sure we could get them all placements over here. The Kittens are all no older than 14 weeks and some are so young they shouldn't even be away from their mothers:(

Other ways you can help

1.If anyone can spare any funds to help these kittens please paypal to donations@animallifelineuk.org please put it as a gift and put a note to say that it is for these kittens and we will make sure that every penny is shared out to the rescues that will be taking these kittens.

2.If anyone can foster any please let us know so we can let rescues that don't have any spaces themselves but could be back up in foster places are found know.

3. If anyone can help with transport to get these kittens to the rescues and foster places please let me know.

I don't have all the facts such as where they will be coming from but will update as soon as I do.

Rescues placements found for possibly 20 to 25 already:)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 11:47:10 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat