Author Topic: Warm, dry garage ready for a foster? (North East)  (Read 2014 times)

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
Re: Warm, dry garage ready for a foster? (North East)
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 17:46:43 PM »
Sounds similar to my shed set up only I don't have a sofa in there (yet)!!

When I say shed, its not your usual one that can only fit a lawn mower and a spade. It was custom built by the previous home owners and is almost as wide a my house and quite long plus it has its own electricity supply with a fuse box and everything so I have lighting and a heater.

I purposefully set it up so I could rescue a feral family living in the carpark area of a toby carvery and hotel. Once I have sorted this family I hope to help more, possibly by fostering for CP or another local rescue :)

Good luck...I'm sure your garage won't stay empty for long :)
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Si

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 17:09:08 PM »
Keep us posted!

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 14:56:58 PM »
Your garage sounds great, sure there'll be some cats out there who would really appreciate a bit of shelter from the cold this winter. Have you tried the Blue Cross? I know that they have a fostering scheme in the North East. One of the fosterers has just taken Darcy in, she was telling me about being full and getting a lot of phone calls, maybe you could get in touch with her and give her your details so she could maybe direct people to you if she can't take their cats in? She's in Yarm but I think she gets phone calls from all over

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 13:34:03 PM »
Thanks!

I know it's not as great as fostering indoors, but I was watching the howling wind and freezing rain the other night and was just thinking that i'm sure must be cats out there who would relish a bit of comfort and shelter!!!
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 12:10:33 PM »
Thats great hun.  ;D

Hope your wonderful offer of a caring foster place is filled  :hug: :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 14:36:56 PM »
I hope that some one will take up your offer cos there are so many cats needing a warm place to be safe in  :hug:

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
Warm, dry garage ready for a foster? (North East)
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 14:19:03 PM »
Hello you guys!

Well we've made our move up to Durham and are settling in well. Katie loves having a garden to herself and more rooms to stretch out her legs!

I'm well aware that it's nearing the time when lots of poor pussies are left out in the cold and i'd really like to help this year. We do have a spare room now, but to be honest i'd prefer to foster in the garage so that it's well away from Katie to begin with. The garage is warm and dry with a sofa and I can put a heater in there if needed. Do you think that it would be suitable? I've contacted a couple of rescues up here, but some aren't taking on fosterers or are too far away... just wanted to let people know that there is a space here if you hear of any cats that need help (I have a particular soft spot for hardy old tom cats looking for a warm space for the Winter!) I don't have transport at the moment but would be most willing to cover petrol and neutering fees etc.
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Link to CatChat