Author Topic: Excellent day's trapping  (Read 2487 times)

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
Re: Excellent day's trapping
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2010, 18:37:55 PM »
Amazing Julie!!!   :wow:  They are sooooo cute too!  :Luv2: I've heard of a colony of 20 in Bilston......fancy popping round show 'm how it's done?  ;)

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2010, 15:36:09 PM »
Just taken this pic of the two I have here.  :naughty:

We are 90% certain they have a home now but I've told the family to go away and think about it. They will need a bit of time to come round and need to be left to settle. The family have kiddies who want to play, play, play.  :evillaugh: It'll be fine providing the kiddies are patient and let Toby and Jake have space to adjust to new surroundings.  ;)

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2010, 12:23:18 PM »
That's great 11 in 2 hours lol must be a record  :wow: Well done to both of you  ;D ;D

Shame on the RSPCA for not helping in the 1st place!  :innocent:

Offline StreetKatzRescue

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2010, 20:54:19 PM »
Great job, you two!  Thank goodness no more little ones born now.  Mega pats on backs!!

Offline Pudding

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010, 20:22:55 PM »
We got lucky, thats all, espwecially with the last one!

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 18:07:34 PM »
So that's how the professionals do it eh!! I didn't think my first attempt was too bad but you guys just put me to shame ;D
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 21:22:03 PM »
That's brilliant! They obviously knew what was good for them.  :Luv:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 18:19:36 PM »
What a stunning job you and Angie have done  ;D ;D

Been a good weekend for trapping with all of yours and 4 by Steff elsewhere.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 18:09:10 PM »

Just returned from picking up the stragglers from the vets.  :evillaugh: All in all we took in 5 kittens for rehoming, the rest are too fiesty and too old to tame have been neutered and put back for the lady to care for.  ;)

I wonder how Kylie would react to a pair of youngsters  :shify:

I now have not one but TWO really adorable (and slightly different facial markings), laid back, cuddly male Tabbies aged around 4/5 months. Both been tested neg for FIV/FeLV. And used to living in a group with other cats.  ;) They love their cuddles and purr a lot.  :naughty: Only have to teach them what a litter tray is.  :tired:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 16:36:16 PM »
Nice work!  :wow:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 14:24:05 PM »
Well done you two!  :)

I wonder how Kylie would react to a pair of youngsters  :shify:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 13:06:32 PM »
Dunno about impressive... fluke more like!  :rofl: :rofl:

They were generally is good condition as the lady had been feeding them up. It had caused family rows as she'd been spending so much on feeding them.  :doh: Even so, I've noticed a sneeze or two so will be watching them for signs of flu for a while.  ;)

Desley, it's odd you should pick up on that eye... yes, I had noticed it too. He seems to have one lazy eye and the third eyelids are a bit lazy too. It's only him that's doing it. I am doing to put it down to the anaesthetic for now but will be monitoring. If it gets worse or it still like that in a couple of days we'll have him back in to the vets.  ;)

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 12:54:43 PM »
Well done! That is impressive. The kittens look to be in great condition and of course are very very cute :Luv:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 12:38:47 PM »
Wonderful news - although a shame that there are another 6 cats thanks to the RSPCA being useless and not doing anything in the first place. AT least there wont be any more now - those kittens are scrumptious, and not all black/black and white!! Does the black and white have a poorly eye, or is it just the way he is looking?
Please spay your cat

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
Excellent day's trapping
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 12:10:50 PM »
What a day...  :evillaugh:

Last week a report came in from a lady saying she had 12 cats and kittens living in her garden.  :tired: Had asked the RSPCA for help six months ago and they didn't do anything. There were only 6 cats then.  :innocent:

Anyway, Angela (Pudding) agreed to go trap, neuter and release as it's not far from her house. I had several bit of equipment here so it was arranged I would meet her on site, give her my equipment then dissapear off to the fundraising meeting I had promised to attend. It was a big job, so lots of traps needed.  ;) When I arrived, the lady told me Angela was already en route to the vet as she had already caught a few.  :shify: I unloaded the car and was about to leave for my meeting... but I was feeling lucky!  :evillaugh:

As I fancied my luck I set a trap up, just to see what would happen, and as soon as it was primed I looked around behind me and about 4/5 little faces where looking out from the busted greenhouse. I went to get a second and and PING... I looked around and a big tabby Tom was in the first one.  :-: I transfered him over to a crush cage, covered him with a towel and reset the trap... PING, another one!  :shocked: PING, PING... I caught 4 cats in 15 minutes!  :wow:

I had run out of cages by now. Luckily Angela then arrived back. As soon as she drove up I told her she may as well turn the car round as she was going back to the vets.  :evillaugh: All in all, between us Angela and I caught 11 within about 2 hours of trying.  :wow: This is a record for us.  :naughty: We went home for a lunch break (and to give the vet a chance to eat.  :evillaugh: ) The 12th and final pud went into the trap at tea time and will be done today. The vet said his colleague can do that one today along with the 3 others be didn't manage yesterday. Eight cats neutered in one day was enough for him.  :evillaugh:

The four smallest ones came home with me are really good as the lady had been handling them regularly. They are clueless about trays and are pooping all over the place.  :rofl: Other than that they are lovely... the tabby has been purring this morning.  :Luv2:

Link to CatChat